• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At least one guy is convinced Saban to Texas is a done deal

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yawn:

Don't get butt hurt Bama fans but it still would be funny if you lost your head coach to Texas. :laugh3:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get butt hurt Bama fans but it still would be funny if you lost your head coach to Texas. :laugh3:

They'll land on their feet if it happens.

Gruden to BAMA. BOOM!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell me more.. I like this story

Yeah, i just thought it was funny an OU fan chimed in without realizing what Saban going to Texas actually means in terms of OU and Stoops demise. Saban would treat him like he does Miles currently and in the last two years, Saban 3, Miles 0 and two titles to none.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We so butthurt right now! But not near as much as OU fans would be it actually happened.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why, HC's leave all the time from schools and not always because they were fired. Urban left Florida and went to tOSU eventually. Mack left NC and went to Texas. Teams lose HC's all the time and if he wants the challenge of starting over, then thats on him. It wont be because Alabama is less of a job, it will be because UT is MORE of a job in terms of rebuilding and he wants to do it one more time before he retires.

If i was OU and i heard Nick was coming for sure, i would get my short list together for who i was going to seek out because Stoops wont be able to handle Nick on a yearly basis.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, HC's leave all the time from schools and not always because they were fired. Urban left Florida and went to tOSU eventually. Mack left NC and went to Texas. Teams lose HC's all the time and if he wants the challenge of starting over, then thats on him. It wont be because Alabama is less of a job, it will be because UT is MORE of a job in terms of rebuilding and he wants to do it one more time before he retires.

If i was OU and i heard Nick was coming for sure, i would get my short list together for who i was going to seek out because Stoops wont be able to handle Nick on a yearly basis.

No question. With all the rumors flying around, I'm sure they've already been looking into the situation. Seeing who may be available and what not.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll land on their feet if it happens.

Gruden to BAMA. BOOM!

You shut your whore mouth with that talk. Gruden would not be a good fit at Bama. The next HC is on staff if Saban leaves, in my opinion. Gruden I dont think is a good fit for a couple of reasons and the main one is he is just an average coach and has never been an HC at the college level, just pro. His assistants jobs were at smaller schools and I dont think he could handle the pressure at Alabama. He folded like a cheap chair at Tampa when the pressure got tough, he would cringe at what would hit him at Alabama.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shut your whore mouth with that talk. Gruden would not be a good fit at Bama. The next HC is on staff if Saban leaves, in my opinion. Gruden I dont think is a good fit for a couple of reasons and the main one is he is just an average coach and has never been an HC at the college level, just pro. His assistants jobs were at smaller schools and I dont think he could handle the pressure at Alabama. He folded like a cheap chair at Tampa when the pressure got tough, he would cringe at what would hit him at Alabama.

Gruden, when it is all said and done will be known as the greatest coach in the history of football!

Hell. He'll be so bad ass even the euros will say he was the best ever in football!

...ps. Saban is taking his staff with him! All the wives are in Austin now checking out houses! :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it go away?

The agent (and Nick himself) wants the SABANS to get paid.

This forces Alabama to write a check bigger than Mount Everest.

It is actually a pretty smart tactic by the Saban camp.
Stability in the program? Recruiting? Integrity? He is already getting paid pretty well, and would get a raise for his results without this trickery?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus is probably the source of the original quote. He's previously written that the 1-2 replacements for Mack were Saban and Briles. Baylor was sufficiently threatened to resign Briles to a 10 year contract.
For those that don't know, IT stands for InsideTexas.com.
... and no Jesus isn't who some of you think he is.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it has more to do with Austin vs Tuscaloosa. Of course the Sabans are too classy to say that. But I mean, come on man...

This is the first time I have ever heard someone accuse Saban of being classy. There's being sarcastic and being down right ridiculous.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time I have ever heard someone accuse Saban of being classy. There's being sarcastic and being down right ridiculous.

Well, he's too classy to say Tuscaloosa sucks and my wife hates it here.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you really did some research on the actual man and all he does for charitable organizations and within the Tuscaloosa Community, you might change your mind about thinking he is not a classy guy. He is not the person you see in the media portrayals for the most part.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah... for as much as i hate alabama, i've got no problem with saban. dude seems like a really good coach, and a total football nerd. so maybe he hasn't been the most graceful guy when it comes to switching jobs... but that's pretty much par for the course. and when you are a big time name, your every move is under the microscope that much more.

so saban lied to the dolphins. so maybe he is lying to alabama now. it's kinda impossible not to if he indeed is making a career move.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really did some research on the actual man and all he does for charitable organizations and within the Tuscaloosa Community, you might change your mind about thinking he is not a classy guy. He is not the person you see in the media portrayals for the most part.

I was at Michigan State while he was coaching at Michigan State. I saw him in real life and dealt with him in real life. All coaches do the charitable organizations stuff. The guy is a prick to you unless you have something to offer him.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Michigan State while he was coaching at Michigan State. I saw him in real life and dealt with him in real life. All coaches do the charitable organizations stuff. The guy is a prick to you unless you have something to offer him.

All coaches dont get involved to the extent that this guy has in the T-Town community. Yes a coach will do charitable work for a tax write off, but to personally build 14 homes in a community as replacement for homes lost in a tornado is uncommon and a very classy move. He could have simply just went on with his other charity work he already had going, but he was touched by the need and reached out to help, that says class all day long. Could it be that your experience with his was limited and he was not the person you thought he was and he has gotten older and changed a bit over the years? I dont see the man I have seen as being who the media portrays him as.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All coaches dont get involved to the extent that this guy has in the T-Town community. Yes a coach will do charitable work for a tax write off, but to personally build 14 homes in a community as replacement for homes lost in a tornado is uncommon and a very classy move. He could have simply just went on with his other charity work he already had going, but he was touched by the need and reached out to help, that says class all day long. Could it be that your experience with his was limited and he was not the person you thought he was and he has gotten older and changed a bit over the years? I dont see the man I have seen as being who the media portrays him as.

Of course you don't see him as the media portrays him as, he's your head coach. I don't see Michigan State as a dirty team but the media portrays them that way. Does it make it true, no. I am basing it off the fact that the guy who had done nothing at all as a head coach, dropping the "do you know who I am" card. Yeah he may be different now, but I am going to guess that it is all just window dressing for recruits.