• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros vs. Rangers

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sorry, but we definitely should have got a pitcher over the winter. i always said we needed one and i still stand by that. no veterans in the staff at all besides yu, and its simply not a good enough or trustworthy enough rotation to win in the playoffs, or even get there at this point.

starters shouldnt give up big innings every start. if he was allowing lone runs every other inning, fine. at least the offense can compete with that. but 0-0-0-5 isnt gonna cut it. all of a sudden we're in a hole.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurry back Mat! Not against the Astros, Scheppers. Believe I've seen enough.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurry back Harry.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unacceptable giving up 4 hits after getting an out that inning. shows that once he had a runner on and switched to the stretch, he wasnt mentally tough enough to continue to make pitch after pitch

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sorry, but we definitely should have got a pitcher over the winter. i always said we needed one and i still stand by that. no veterans in the staff at all besides yu, and its simply not a good enough or trustworthy enough rotation to win in the playoffs, or even get there at this point.

starters shouldnt give up big innings every start. if he was allowing lone runs every other inning, fine. at least the offense can compete with that. but 0-0-0-5 isnt gonna cut it. all of a sudden we're in a hole.

Easy to throw general statements out there like, "we should've got another pitcher." Much harder to actually add someone of quality without hamstringing the team. Colby and Harrison will be back soon and things will look very different. Settle down and be happy with .500 baseball considering our circumstances.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, play Murphy every day.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to throw general statements out there like, "we should've got another pitcher." Much harder to actually add someone of quality without hamstringing the team. Colby and Harrison will be back soon and things will look very different. Settle down and be happy with .500 baseball considering our circumstances.

i just really wanted them to stick to the plan, sign morales, and package moreland. I have nothing against moreland, but i know for a fact he could get us a value SP if he headlines a package

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's a run.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Add Harrison, Dutch and Lewis to Darvish and Perez and this rotation looks legit

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo having a tough night.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just really wanted them to stick to the plan, sign morales, and package moreland. I have nothing against moreland, but i know for a fact he could get us a value SP if he headlines a package
I believe he can still do that, Terps. Maybe July. Through in JP as well.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Harrison, Dutch and Lewis to Darvish and Perez and this rotation looks legit

i dont understand why everyone thinks these guys are gonna come back off of injury in the middle of the year and just kill it, and not have any more injury problems the rest of the season. having 3 pitchers come back off of injury, especially after missing well over a year, and having a lot of success is catching lightning in a bottle

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand why everyone thinks these guys are gonna come back off of injury in the middle of the year and just kill it, and not have any more injury problems the rest of the season. having 3 pitchers come back off of injury, especially after missing well over a year, and having a lot of success is catching lightning in a bottle

Colby is completely healthy. He's just not pitched in over a year. Harrison is a bit of a question mark but looks really promising. Point is, you don't make rash decisions based on short sighted assessments. That's how you end up like the angels.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that was ever JDs plan. And, what does value SP mean

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very very concerned about Lewis...he's been out a long time, and he wasn't the most consistent SP to begin with...I love the guy, but worried he may have seen better days...