• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on OU and recent cases

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between OU's actions and a court's is that a court allows Shannon's lawyers to confront his accusers and OU's informal investigation doesn't allow this. If the record ever gets out, I have no doubt that there will be multiple coed's(whose names will be redacted) accusing Shannon of improper behavior.

I just can't believe that OU would suspend a player for a year because of one incident.

Why? Wouldn't Texas do the same thing under the same circumstances? Is UT more lenient that OU?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Wouldn't Texas do the same thing under the same circumstances? Is UT more lenient that OU?

Change my statement from "OU" to "any school". I think UT and OU would act about the same under the same set of circumstances.

Shannon has had more infractions than this one incident, which is fairly minor.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the record ever gets out, I have no doubt that there will be multiple coed's(whose names will be redacted) accusing Shannon of improper behavior.

so in your eyes he is guilty before he even has a chance to prove otherwise?

10G FIBER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like some colleges don't care about the character of the kids they recruit.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the record ever gets out, I have no doubt that there will be multiple coed's(whose names will be redacted) accusing Shannon of improper behavior.

so in your eyes he is guilty before he even has a chance to prove otherwise?

I don't believe he can be proved guilty in a court of law, but AFAIK OU doesn't have to prove it in a court of law to suspend him for a year.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the record ever gets out, I have no doubt that there will be multiple coed's accusing Shannon of improper behavior.

We got us a regular ol' Sherlock fuckin' Holmes over here guise?

Well goddamn dude why aren't you working for TMZ or Yahoo!Sports or some shits?

Why you slumming with us hacks?

You should start a thread "ASK CHARLIE" where you could tell people what they really think.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change my statement from "OU" to "any school". I think UT and OU would act about the same under the same set of circumstances.

Shannon has had more infractions than this one incident, which is fairly minor.

Jesus fuckin Christ. Is it mandatory that all you Texas tards make massive assumptions you know absolutely nothing about and have zero evidence to support? :L

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Ash hit and wounded a person over the summer. He drove off and the cops haven't caught him. He drunkenly confessed to a friend of a friend of a cousin of mine.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you boomers really believe that Boren suspended Shannon for a single incident, you won't have the IQ to be able to understand this sentence.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you boomers really believe that Boren suspended Shannon for a single incident, you won't have the IQ to be able to understand this sentence.

Wait what?

Now the burden of proof is on us? You made the statement back it up or shut the fuck up.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fuckin Christ. Is it mandatory that all you Texas tards make massive assumptions you know absolutely nothing about and have zero evidence to support? :L

What? Do you mean like this:

"I'm still not sold that her injuries are as bad as she says."

Or did you mean like this:

"Now I can form judgements on other things pertaining to the situation. Like her story isn't adding up, the media is embellishing with little info in a big way, and there's reason to question this girl's story and character."

"In other words, she embellished the shit out of her injuries."

Would you like me to keep going?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know enough or even think I know enough at this point, given how this has all played out, to decide his innocence or guilt.

I won't be that presumptuous....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Do you mean like this:

"I'm still not sold that her injuries are as bad as she says."

"Now I can form judgements on other things pertaining to the situation. Like her story isn't adding up, the media is embellishing with little info in a big way, and there's reason to question this girl's story and character."

"In other words, she embellished the shit out of her injuries."

Would you like me to keep going?

Keep going Putz. I said from the start that everyone needed to sit back and wait for the facts. I made statements based on possibilities and the facts we had at the time, but did not present them as the truth. .

Once the investigators report came out I made a fair judgement of the situation with the facts in hand. I never said he was innocent. I said at the time, some things weren't adding up about her story. They weren't. Didn't mean Mixon was justified in doing what he did. Turns out, I was right about one thing. She committed assault first and the DA is pussing out by not pressing charges against both parties.

That's the difference between me and you fucktards. You were already forming a lynch mob at the onset of the initial report

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know enough or even think I know enough at this point, given how this has all played out, to decide his innocence or guilt.

Don't worry. Charlie and Hizzle will be presumptuous for us all.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The IQ of the Boomers is obvious and none of them have understood my sentence. It's really funny.

What I've written has been largely about Boren announcing the decision and it wasn't about politics or funding based on Title IX.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see anything about alleged multiple offenses....

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The IQ of the Boomers is obvious and none of them have understood my sentence. It's really funny.

What I've written has been largely about Boren announcing the decision and it wasn't about politics or funding based on Title IX.

Read this. David Boren has.

Title IX Q&A