• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the NFL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically the cap. Like I said earlier, the Bears are changing three existing contracts that affected the cap into "Bonus Payments". Now all of that money is re-spread somehow and doesn't effect the 2021 cap. I haven't seen how it's done. If it's respread over the existing contract length or can it be placed as dead money that can be reactivated and spread if that contract is extended?

If teams can move money and play games with it, why bother with a cap?
The cap is like a credit card - you have tp pay it sometime.

Players say, "pay me now or pay me later"
It is all negotiated. Player does not have to sign it if he does not want.
Miami wrote a bunch of voidable contracts.
Van Noy fell for the allure of the big money and now he is unemployed. ......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically the cap. Like I said earlier, the Bears are changing three existing contracts that affected the cap into "Bonus Payments". Now all of that money is re-spread somehow and doesn't effect the 2021 cap. I haven't seen how it's done. If it's respread over the existing contract length or can it be placed as dead money that can be reactivated and spread if that contract is extended?

If teams can move money and play games with it, why bother with a cap?
but the current rules have allowed that for years... and that means it's a level playing field.

Years ago certain teams (cough, cough, the broncos cough) would promise future off book considerations for a lower contract amount... Now that was cheating.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm grumpy as all hell today. I didn't set my clocks. I screwed up my watch and thought it was 6:58 am and it wasn't. I made my bed, took my morning meds, turned on the coffee. Then I saw the clock on the stove and it was 5:06 am. I had eaten breakfast, done my dishes, made my wife's coffee, showered and gotten dressed by 6:25 am. I wasn't a happy camper. Then I had to be at the VA by 11:00 am to get my second covid vaccination and it felt like I got kicked in the arm by a mule. T make things worse, today is day 34 of my 120 day Nutrisystem diet. I've lost 22 lbs, but was hoping for an average of 6 lbs per week and I'm not quite there. I walk at least a mile every day. Every ther day I do 1000 steps, 100 sit ups with 55 lbs of weight, do 50 400 lb single left lefts with each leg and 50 kneeling twists. All that work and I've only lost 3.5" inches off my waist.

My attitude isn't at it's best and I have 7 weeks to go. My goal is to lose 60-65 lbs and shrink my waist 17". I've got 50 days to do it.

Excuse me, I have to go get my 4th glass (16 oz) of water today.
Those are some lofty goals. Good luck. More than 5 lbs a week after the first couple weeks is difficult to sustain.

50 x 400 lbs single leg lifts. Is that correct? You would make Earl Campbell's legs look like toothpicks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some lofty goals. Good luck. More than 5 lbs a week after the first couple weeks is difficult to sustain.

50 x 400 lbs single leg lifts. Is that correct? You would make Earl Campbell's legs look like toothpicks.
No. It's a lot easier than it sounds. My grandson does 660 and he had surgery on his right knee in August of 2019. I used todo 880=940 wih both legs in my fifties. Legs have always been in great condition even after I lost the nerves in them. Shoulders to groin have become the problem.

I've hit the water loss plateau and now is where most people lose interest because it could be a month before this old diabetic body starts burning off the fat. The one really good thing is that I've already cut my insulin in half (Per MD's orders and my sugars are still dropping) Once I get below 250, I'll start military martial arts training again. I don't expect to be like I was 50 years ago, but it should be fun. I might start walking at nught.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was in good form I could do 1500 pound single leg lifts. Never did many but 400 pounds would have been easy.
Don't ask me to do it now! My arthritis will not allow.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins supposedly will go after as many Patriots as they can. Giy, Butler, Thuney, Andrews and James White are all on their radar. Almost giggled out loud when I heard they would also be talking to Brian Hoyer today.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins supposedly will go after as many Patriots as they can. Giy, Butler, Thuney, Andrews and James White are all on their radar. Almost giggled out loud when I heard they would also be talking to Brian Hoyer today.
LOL.
They are doing what Flo learned from BB - show interest in division foes FA's to drive up their price and cost the cap!
Dumping Van Noy after a single year is going to hurt them trying to sign Patriots FA's

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in good form I could do 1500 pound single leg lifts. Never did many but 400 pounds would have been easy.
Don't ask me to do it now! My arthritis will not allow.....
Are you guys talking single leg dead lifts? No way anyone is doing an extension, press or single leg squat with that kind of weight.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys talking single leg dead lifts? No way anyone is doing an extension, press or single leg squat with that kind of weight.
On the back, legs up. Push the weight up with one or both legs.

I don't do squats at my age.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the back, legs up. Push the weight up with one or both legs.

I don't do squats at my age.
Oh the hack squat machine. Still impressive.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It's a lot easier than it sounds. My grandson does 660 and he had surgery on his right knee in August of 2019. I used todo 880=940 wih both legs in my fifties. Legs have always been in great condition even after I lost the nerves in them. Shoulders to groin have become the problem.

I've hit the water loss plateau and now is where most people lose interest because it could be a month before this old diabetic body starts burning off the fat. The one really good thing is that I've already cut my insulin in half (Per MD's orders and my sugars are still dropping) Once I get below 250, I'll start military martial arts training again. I don't expect to be like I was 50 years ago, but it should be fun. I might start walking at nught.
How tall are you?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How tall are you?
6' 1/2"

When I mustered out in 1972 I was officially 74" 205 lb.

When I started this diet Iwas 6' 1/2" 290 lbs.

As of yesterday morning I was 267 lbs. I keep reading about geratric weight loss and even on a strict 1500 cals a day, age and insulin will severely temper the weight coming off. The one thing that will help is working out more than normal and forcing the metabolism to work harder. I'm 71 years old, I'm doing it in an attempt to reach 81 healthy. I'm not in the bikini hunt anymore. On the hand, if they find me, what can I say?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6' 1/2"

When I mustered out in 1972 I was officially 74" 205 lb.

When I started this diet Iwas 6' 1/2" 290 lbs.

As of yesterday morning I was 267 lbs. I keep reading about geratric weight loss and even on a strict 1500 cals a day, age and insulin will severely temper the weight coming off. The one thing that will help is working out more than normal and forcing the metabolism to work harder. I'm 71 years old, I'm doing it in an attempt to reach 81 healthy. I'm not in the bikini hunt anymore. On the hand, if they find me, what can I say?

Oh damn, I thought you were just shy of a century...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An army major called me an asshole and I threw him out of the chopper at about 400 feet. On his way down I pulled down my flight suit and the last thing he ever saw was my asshole. I think he's still MIA.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An army major called me an asshole and I threw him out of the chopper at about 400 feet. On his way down I pulled down my flight suit and the last thing he ever saw was my asshole. I think he's still MIA.
No statute of limitations on murder.....