• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the League Week 1 Thoughts

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, obviously because I'm a Cowboy fan and this is a Cowboy Board, I can't help but feel disappointed at the negative reaction the Cowboys are getting because they didn't win by "enough" points because they forced six turnovers. So Cowboy fans have had to hear for the last four fucking years that the Giants will never lose at Jerryworld, have to hear about their record in Jerryworld all fucking offseason, and after all that, we win the game and can't get an ounce of credit because we didn't blow them out? Bullshit. This is why it sucks to be a Cowboy fan sometimes. Even when we win, we still lose.

Watching the Chargers lose tonight felt all too familiar. Honestly, that was a joke and I feel sorry for Charger fans for having to constantly witness this shit. Makes me even more angry that it had to be against that other Texas team.

The 49ers look like they should be the class of the NFC but was not at all impressed with their defense. Their front 7 was not nearly as dominant as I thought it would be. Their front 7 is what I think separates them from the rest of the NFC, but I was not impressed yesterday. The Packers line consists of a bunch of make-shift garbage yet the 49ers didn't generate nearly as much pressure as I thought they would.

And speaking of classes of the NFC, the Falcons looked absolutely horrible against a defense that is not that great. I watched about an hour of this game and couldn't believe how utterly boring it was. I actually had to flick to the Browns game to see what they were doing. Yeah, that boring. Something I completely didn't expect from a Saints-Falcons game.

Cincinnati once again looked like a team that will give the Texans another free playoff win. They don't look like a team ready to take the next step and get over the playoff drought. And on the other hand, kudos to the Bears, even though they have zero pass rush without Marinelli's influence. :yahoo:

All I will say about the Broncos and Ravens' game is this: I think that game said more about the Ravens than the Broncos.

I was probably one of the 15 people outside of the states of Ohio and Florida that watched some of this Miami-Cleveland game and this game was as horrible as everyone thought it would be. Miami somehow won a game convincingly where they only averaged like 1 yard per rush. Unbelievable. #Pray4Cleveland

LOL at Pittsburgh.

Not that I think the Panthers are a bad team, but I really think the Seahawks won't be as good as people think. A team that struggles outside of its homefield as much as the Seahawks is not a Super Bowl team, which so many people seem to think they will be.

As much as the Pats are being criticized for the way they played this Sunday, they still have that division on lock. Just look at Miami, Buffalo, and NY's offenses. :L

Detroit looks like it has something with Reggie Bush. Too bad their defense is still terrible. Beating the Minnesota Petersons is nothing to get excited about. Minnesota vastly overachieved last season.

Like the Vikings, the Colts look like a fluke from a year ago. I don't think the Raiders are that good. I just think the Colts are an 8 win team.

In this new no-defense, pass-happy NFL, you gotta love the type of defense the Chiefs played, even if it was against the Jags. The one thing that gives me hope as a Cowboy fan going into this weekend's game is that I doubt Alex Smith could beat us with his arm like Eli could. But the good thing about Smith is he probably won't help us with turnovers so the Cowboys have to avoid turning the ball over this weekend if they don't want to be in a 60-min dogfight.

I can't lie, I didn't watch a single minute of the Cards-Rams game. The only highlight I saw of the game was Cook's fumble lol.

What needs to be said about the Redskins that wasn't already said about the Colts and Vikings? And we know that game wasn't as close as the final score indicated. Cue Sheriff Bovey. :rollseyes: The Eagles won't continue to fly because Chip Smelly will continuously put Mike Vick in harms way. Without Vick, this offense will not work and I'm virtually certain Vick will get hurt.

At the end of the day, it is just Week 1 and in most cases, overreactions are aplenty after Week 1. But we wouldn't be football fans if we didn't overreact, right?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams looked bad, but a lot had rust. Someone has got to win each game (yeah yeah, or tie I know lol). Teams that have the talent will get the breaks and end up winning more than their play dictates. Just hope Dallas is in that category.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs D looked really good. It seems as if Poe is finally starting to come into his own. Hopefully he has a one game relapse.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never judge on week one ...... Lots of sloppy football.

Week 4 we will know who is what

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the most shocking wins were by Tennessee and Philly. Not to say either one is a playoff team , but I didnt see either of those winning. Most disappointing team was the Steelers by a long shot. Most impressive team - Denver. Surprising stat- the vaunted AFC North- is a combined 0-4. Finally for us Dallas fans that thought Weeks 2 ,3, 4 were gonna be easy- wake up.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas fans that thought Weeks 2 ,3, 4 were gonna be easy- wake up.

what percentage of Dallas fans do you think are thinking this way?
It must be high for you to post it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of Dallas fans see KC and SL as cakewalks. They are both better and on the rise. I think SD looked pretty good last night but blew it. As mentioned by others - Arrowhead is a tough place to play, especially with it being a home opener and the beginning of the Andy Reid era.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of Dallas fans see KC and SL as cakewalks. They are both better and on the rise. I think SD looked pretty good last night but blew it. As mentioned by others - Arrowhead is a tough place to play, especially with it being a home opener and the beginning of the Andy Reid era.
I don't think any Cowboy fans that pay attention to the last couple years would think that.

Cowboys lose games they are suppose to win & win games they are suppose to lose.
I wouldn't think any Cowboy fan would think any game is guaranteed! Hell we never know.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think though that when the schedule came out 90 percent looked at it and saw it as very favorable

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please dont start with that crybaby bullshit....

It's fucking Tuesday....... A Sunday night Cowboys win and a Monday night Redskin loss

Goddamn man .. take a day to enjoy it

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any Cowboy fans that pay attention to the last couple years would think that.

Cowboys lose games they are suppose to win & win games they are suppose to lose.
I wouldn't think any Cowboy fan would think any game is guaranteed! Hell we never know.

thats probably 50 percent that pay attention

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please dont start with that crybaby bullshit....

It's fucking Tuesday....... A Sunday night Cowboys win and a Monday night Redskin loss

Goddamn man .. take a day to enjoy it

?????

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 percent

opinions vary greatly here.......I think Dallas has many smart football fans that know full well what they've seen over the last 5 years. I think less than 20% think Dallas can just show up and win....the rest of um have been watching this team play for a couple of seasons and kinda consider us as Detroit till proven otherwise

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think last year after game 1 that many, including myself, thought we would go into Seattle and beat a rookie led team

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are in trouble. Their offense is horrid and Bell will not change how their line blocks.

Kansas City may be better than expected and Andy Reid will get everything he can from that team.

The Patriots win against Buffalo may turn out better than everyone thinks...the Bill may finish second in that division.

Cleveland's OC should be fired having Wheeden throw over 50 times in a close game with Trent Richardson wasting away...say good-bye Norv.

A win is a win and Dallas's win over the Giants is a division game and their is no style points in the NFL.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lion fan JD, you had to be impressed with Bush.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, obviously because I'm a Cowboy fan and this is a Cowboy Board, I can't help but feel disappointed at the negative reaction the Cowboys are getting because they didn't win by "enough" points because they forced six turnovers.

Doesn't bother me at all, but the coverage needs to improve. This was the first game after a major change in defensive scheme and with two starters not playing. But, couldn't you make the "half full" point that we are such a good team, that we won EVEN THOUGH we gave up 450 yards passing?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't bother me at all, but the coverage needs to improve. This was the first game after a major change in defensive scheme and with two starters not playing. But, couldn't you make the "half full" point that we are such a good team, that we won EVEN THOUGH we gave up 450 yards passing?

I couldn't agree more and to answer your question, we only won by 5 (says the media). :rollseyes: