• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens: 6-3... L to MIA
Losing to the Dolphins is rough. The Fins stifled their run game and forced Lamar to throw. It was an ugly & forgettable outing to say the least. They go to Soldier Field next week to face the Bears for another "lay-up" game before their schedule gets brutal.

Steelers: 5-3-1... T to DET
Ugliest game of the year, easily. And we've seen some ugly games this year so that's really saying something. Piss-poor backup QB play, and a pushover defense is a recipe for disaster. Coaching did nobody any favors. Steelers enter a tough part of the schedule going cross-country to LA to face the Chargers. Praying we don't have to watch Rudolph again or this team is DOA this week.

Bengals: 5-4... Bye
Good week to be on bye while the AFCN goes 0-2-1. Coming off bye and heading to Vegas to play the 5-4 Raiders who are teeming with problems. Probably the "easiest" remaining schedule in this division, but its only in comparison to how brutal the others have it.

Browns: 5-4... L to NE
Didn't get to watch this game, but it looked like the Browns were never in this one at all. Patriots controlled this game from start to finish. Their defense continues to struggle and now their offense joins them. They have an easier game this week against the 0-8-1 Lions in Cleveland. Should be able to regain some momentum before a big away game against BAL. Strange they have a bye after BAL, and then turn around & play BAL again. Schedule doesn't look to get any easier after that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No official statement yet but looks like Bell got the axe today

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's crazy how many injuries that franchise has had this year and the success they have had despite the injuries..... But, I think there is a breaking point and I think they might hit it soon.

It's going to get weird from here on out... Who you got to win the division?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how many injuries that franchise has had this year and the success they have had despite the injuries..... But, I think there is a breaking point and I think they might hit it soon.

It's going to get weird from here on out... Who you got to win the division?
BAL... I've been sayin it all year, and been apprehensive about putting them atop my AFCN rankings at any point. "How long can they sustain this" was what I kept asking. Humphry is a linchpin on that defense so Its going to get very interesting for them. They still have a top 5 defensive front which helps out their secondary immensely, so I don't foresee a huge drop-off but you have to imagine that quick passing is the way to beat them any given week. They play Rodgers, Burrow & Stafford in coming weeks. Big game this week for them in Cleveland. 3 division games remaining that should all be must-wins if they want to cling to this lead.

Division... Still lots of ball to play, and really tough to predict. Even with how bad the Steelers & Browns have looked, they are still just 2 games behind. This is going to boil down to the obvious: who can get get hot in December? IMO it should be the Bengals, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens or even the Browns made a late-season surge. Bengals, much like the Steelers, have 4 HUGE AFC games to close out the year. Bengals: @DEN, vBAL, vKC, @CLE. Steelers: vTEN, @KC, vCLE, @BAL. Biggest thing for Cincy is they need to find consistency. Steelers have a decent shot at the playoffs if they can win at least 3/4 of those AFC matchups, but I have a hard time believing they are going to contend with the division unless Cincy falls apart. Steelers would need to sweep the Browns & Ravens to have a shot at the division.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per reports that was part of the reason they went for 2 at the end. They had no DB's left to cover the Steeler WR's in OT.
They still have Tavon Young & Jimmy Smith on their roster & were active yesterday. Plus 2 backup safeties that could play in the slot in a pinch.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have Tavon Young & Jimmy Smith on their roster & were active yesterday. Plus 2 backup safeties that could play in the slot in a pinch.
Oh I know, it was sarcasm, just going off what Harbaugh said. I mentioned on another thread he couldn't let his ego get out of the way of trying to beat the Steelers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know, it was sarcasm, just going off what Harbaugh said. I mentioned on another thread he couldn't let his ego get out of the way of trying to beat the Steelers.
I think it was a cop-out answer. The entire world knew that it was really their defense he had no faith in. It was odd seeing how gassed they were in the 2nd half considering they nearly quadrupled the Steelers' TOP in the 1st half. They should have been very fresh.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a cop-out answer. The entire world knew that it was really their defense he had no faith in. It was odd seeing how gassed they were in the 2nd half considering they nearly quadrupled the Steelers' TOP in the 1st half. They should have been very fresh.

The Ravens are very lucky to be 8-4 considering the turnover differential, have been lucky in close games with the exception of the Raider game and yesterday......they have 5 wins that could have gone either way.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens are very lucky to be 8-4 considering the turnover differential, have been lucky in close games with the exception of the Raider game and yesterday......they have 5 wins that could have gone either way.....
Yep. Squeaking out W's all year. Never imagined they would be able to sustain it through November.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of this 11-0 team once upon a time......
Yep. Speaking of... I know Matt Canada's offense has been pretty pathetic given the personnel & injuries, but I do not agree with all the fans clamoring for the no-huddle offense. Yea the results speak for themselves, but do those people not remember the 2020 no-huddle offense? That can & will become predictable.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL... I've been sayin it all year, and been apprehensive about putting them atop my AFCN rankings at any point. "How long can they sustain this" was what I kept asking. Humphry is a linchpin on that defense so Its going to get very interesting for them. They still have a top 5 defensive front which helps out their secondary immensely, so I don't foresee a huge drop-off but you have to imagine that quick passing is the way to beat them any given week. They play Rodgers, Burrow & Stafford in coming weeks. Big game this week for them in Cleveland. 3 division games remaining that should all be must-wins if they want to cling to this lead.

Division... Still lots of ball to play, and really tough to predict. Even with how bad the Steelers & Browns have looked, they are still just 2 games behind. This is going to boil down to the obvious: who can get get hot in December? IMO it should be the Bengals, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens or even the Browns made a late-season surge. Bengals, much like the Steelers, have 4 HUGE AFC games to close out the year. Bengals: @DEN, vBAL, vKC, @CLE. Steelers: vTEN, @KC, vCLE, @BAL. Biggest thing for Cincy is they need to find consistency. Steelers have a decent shot at the playoffs if they can win at least 3/4 of those AFC matchups, but I have a hard time believing they are going to contend with the division unless Cincy falls apart. Steelers would need to sweep the Browns & Ravens to have a shot at the division.
Weirdly, I think Cleveland should have the best chance. With a healthy Kareem Hunt and Nick Chub, some winter football, and a decent (though not consistent) defense, they should have enough to string together some wins. But that is all predicated on Baker and he's just been a mess all season. At some point in time, you should be able to see a team's potential - Its December and I still don't think we've seen it yet for Cleveland.... Makes me think the lights just aren't going to come on this year, but weirder things have happened.

The Bengals seem like the one team that should be able to get hot. They have a top 10 scoring offense and they "had" a top 10 scoring defense. I think the scoring defense numbers will go down after yesterday, though it's sort of unfair given that most of the points came off of their offensive errors. The problem with the Bengals is that injuries are just now starting to hit - And depth is a huge concern. Add that to their struggles with consistency and it's just hard to see them going on a run. That said, I think they could win the division by simply beating Cleveland and Baltimore and watching everyone else struggle to the finish line.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weirdly, I think Cleveland should have the best chance. With a healthy Kareem Hunt and Nick Chub, some winter football, and a decent (though not consistent) defense, they should have enough to string together some wins. But that is all predicated on Baker and he's just been a mess all season. At some point in time, you should be able to see a team's potential - Its December and I still don't think we've seen it yet for Cleveland.... Makes me think the lights just aren't going to come on this year, but weirder things have happened.

The Bengals seem like the one team that should be able to get hot. They have a top 10 scoring offense and they "had" a top 10 scoring defense. I think the scoring defense numbers will go down after yesterday, though it's sort of unfair given that most of the points came off of their offensive errors. The problem with the Bengals is that injuries are just now starting to hit - And depth is a huge concern. Add that to their struggles with consistency and it's just hard to see them going on a run. That said, I think they could win the division by simply beating Cleveland and Baltimore and watching everyone else struggle to the finish line.
Yep CLE still has one of the best rosters in the division and could easily get hot. Injuries have taken a toll, and Baker has been dealing with numerous. If the bye week healed them up some then they should have a good shot at going on a run. Stefanski is a great coach but I think he has outcoached/outsmarted himself too often. He needs to get back to basics and just stick with what works & build confidence. They have a "softer" schedule than the rest of the division so they should be able to stay in the picture at the very least.

Bengals... Just read that they may have lost LB Wilson for the year. Tough blow. My eyes remain firmly planted on both CIN & CLE as the "contenders" right now. I keep trying to ignore BAL but they just won't go away lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers - 0.5 game up on IND & 1 game up on CLE, DEN & MIA. The tie vs. Detroit is literally all that stands between PIT & the rest of the tiebreaker scenarios. Sucks to have a tie be an deciding factor here, but it is what it is. If that tie didn't happen, then they would only hold a tiebreaker over DEN. 4tth toughest remaining SOS.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help on the way to solidify the Bengals