• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they might look at Clowney.

If they could sink almost 20 million a year into him, I think that would be pretty cool for us.

Clowney? Interesting.

Totally different position...Hard to see them sinking a long term deal into Clowney (that would be nice for PIT!) he's probably starting to consider some shorter terms deals though.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney? Interesting.

Totally different position...Hard to see them sinking a long term deal into Clowney (that would be nice for PIT!) he's probably starting to consider some shorter terms deals though.
Read they were looking at Clowney when they still thought they were gonna have Brockers. Now they have even more cap room.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read they were looking at Clowney when they still thought they were gonna have Brockers. Now they have even more cap room.

Wow...Judon is a very active player, but not dominant...didn't he just sign a tag + Calais Campbell who I think is on the down side of his career.

Adding Clowney to that mix imo is more lethal than Brockers.

I can see this happening and him probably getting cut by the time they have to pay Jackson.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen any validity to this... But the possibility is still there

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCN 2020 1st Round picks

BAL...#28...Patrick Queen, LB, LSU...a 4.5 ILB...kid is a baller, coverage, blitzer...modern day ILB...will be interesting to see how he holds as a run defender at this level....should be a day one starter.

CIN...#1...Joe Burrow, QB, LSU...just an incredible season...70+% completions, national title...some question was that his ceiling? Good size, touch, the Bengals had to make this pick...if they keep Dalton, which it's starting to look like they might (unless NE calls....lol), maybe he's not the day one starter, but he will be starting the majority of the games.

CLE...#10...Jedrick Willis, OT, AL...the Browns stay true to need and take a big OT....interesting that he played the RT spot at ALabama, but they probably expect him to slide over to the left with a top 10 investment. Mekhi Becton has more experience as a LT, but the combine pot positive may have pushed him down their board.

PIT...Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, AL...obviously Fitz became the 18th pick for the Steelers...great season. just for shits and giggles...MIA took Austin Jackson, OT, USC with the 18th pick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are absolutely killing this draft... Everyone they’ve taken are high upside, day 1 contributors.

Queen, Dobbins, Madubuike, Duvernay

I’m even liking the Browns draft. Good defensive value, and an immediate upgrade to their OLine.

Wills, Delpit, Elliot, Phillips

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL...the top of their draft looks really good for a team that drafted so low. Queen is a week one starter, Dobbins possibly, Madubuike looks like a rotational guy this yr. Lot of depth from this draft.

CIN...Bengals get their QB of the future, and two LBs to add to Pratt and turnover that room...Higgins joins AJ Green and Boyd...interesting they did not bother to take a TE or a RB as things could get ugly if the current RB1 holds out as he's now threatening.

CLE...loved the Browns draft. I hope they don't materialize on the field. Wills may have been the safer pick, has more RT experience, but is probably expected to shift left...Becton was the more natural LT by most accounts. Delpit was once considered top 10...goes 44...has something to prove, on paper he's a steal.

PIT...with no 1st or 5th rounder the Steelers draft was never going to stack up with the sex appeal of the their AFCN brethren. They attacked the OFC with their 1st pick, and the big WR could be an impactful player. Maybe the WR McFarland sees some time, but for the most part the 2020 impact will probably be minimal from this draft class.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen any validity to this... But the possibility is still there

I'm not inclined to put too much stock into the source. I'm guessing his representation is asking for a new deal - He just became eligible for a new contract and he is vastly underpaid. That said, most of the time agents or other associates will float it to bigger media fish. The Bengals have had most of their success with their own guys when signing them a year early. They haven't done as well once a guy gets to FA. They are also dealing with the AJ Green situation.

My guess is that the Tee Higgins pick might change their thinking a little. They might be more inclined to pay Mixon now and let AJ play on the franchise tag. If Higgins isn't ready for primetime and/or AJ shows he is back from his injury woes, they could cut him a deal next offseason. Otherwise, they may just be prepared to let him walk. We'll see.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EWncoikU4AEtIjk

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not inclined to put too much stock into the source. I'm guessing his representation is asking for a new deal - He just became eligible for a new contract and he is vastly underpaid. That said, most of the time agents or other associates will float it to bigger media fish. The Bengals have had most of their success with their own guys when signing them a year early. They haven't done as well once a guy gets to FA. They are also dealing with the AJ Green situation.

My guess is that the Tee Higgins pick might change their thinking a little. They might be more inclined to pay Mixon now and let AJ play on the franchise tag. If Higgins isn't ready for primetime and/or AJ shows he is back from his injury woes, they could cut him a deal next offseason. Otherwise, they may just be prepared to let him walk. We'll see.

Given the climate right now with top running backs trying to get paid before they get used up...I would put some stock in it with Mixon, but CIN tends to take care of their own and I think they will here...especially now that they decided not to draft a RB.

The whole AJ Green thing is a bit puzzling...I think we all agree he's a top WR when he's been healthy...but another multi-yr deal would be a little dangerous...I think they should let AJ play out this tag and take it from there....I look at AZ with Fitz...the ultimate pro WR, but he's played a lot of meaningless (playoff wise) seasons recently. Tough to move on from one of the club all time best, but it's time I think.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the climate right now with top running backs trying to get paid before they get used up...I would put some stock in it with Mixon, but CIN tends to take care of their own and I think they will here...especially now that they decided not to draft a RB.

The whole AJ Green thing is a bit puzzling...I think we all agree he's a top WR when he's been healthy...but another multi-yr deal would be a little dangerous...I think they should let AJ play out this tag and take it from there....I look at AZ with Fitz...the ultimate pro WR, but he's played a lot of meaningless (playoff wise) seasons recently. Tough to move on from one of the club all time best, but it's time I think.

Interesting you bring up Fitz.... The Bengals web man, Hobson - Who is basically the Baghdad Bod of NFL football writing - loves comparing AJ's situation to Fitzgerald. He claims that AJ holds Fitz as a role model and that means he wants to play for one team his entire career. I'm still a firm believer that money talks and I'm not sure AJ has any loyalty to the new coaching staff. I've also read where he and his wife became very close with the Dalton family and now that ship has sailed. We'll see.

As for Mixon - His agent wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't ask for a new deal. It's time. Though Mixon has a troubled past (incident at OU), he has been a model citizen and teammate in Cincinnati. A guy with his talent that has never complained even when routinely getting hit 2 and 3 yards behind the line because of an inferior offensive line..... And playing hurt even when his team has no shot at anything meaningful. I think the franchise will be inclined to give him a deal.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you bring up Fitz.... The Bengals web man, Hobson - Who is basically the Baghdad Bod of NFL football writing - loves comparing AJ's situation to Fitzgerald. He claims that AJ holds Fitz as a role model and that means he wants to play for one team his entire career. I'm still a firm believer that money talks and I'm not sure AJ has any loyalty to the new coaching staff. I've also read where he and his wife became very close with the Dalton family and now that ship has sailed. We'll see.

As for Mixon - His agent wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't ask for a new deal. It's time. Though Mixon has a troubled past (incident at OU), he has been a model citizen and teammate in Cincinnati. A guy with his talent that has never complained even when routinely getting hit 2 and 3 yards behind the line because of an inferior offensive line..... And playing hurt even when his team has no shot at anything meaningful. I think the franchise will be inclined to give him a deal.

Fitz & AJ...definitely some similarities which is why I brought him up. The differences...Fitz got more out of the good times...'15 they reached the NFCCG and '08...the SB. I can see him having enough success as a Cardinal to want to finish it out in AZ even with the QB situation not being good enough to contend the last few yrs.

Seemingly AJ would want to close it out having a chance to play for something other than money which he should have plenty of by now. Who knows...maybe Joe will come in a light the league on fire.

Mixon...cannot agree more, he's earned it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brown wishes it were true. As for the Ravens? I don't see it. They were the best team in the league for much of the year last season. Lamar's second consecutive playoff flameout is reason for concern, but its hard for me to blame him for some of the weird things that happened to them in that game. Given the great draft and nice offseason, I can't see the Ravens messing with the chemistry. Might as well run it back with the core you got..... Now if they have a third straight year of postseason misery, then it might be time to tinker.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brown wishes it were true. As for the Ravens? I don't see it. They were the best team in the league for much of the year last season. Lamar's second consecutive playoff flameout is reason for concern, but its hard for me to blame him for some of the weird things that happened to them in that game. Given the great draft and nice offseason, I can't see the Ravens messing with the chemistry. Might as well run it back with the core you got..... Now if they have a third straight year of postseason misery, then it might be time to tinker.

I'm not sure what's going to happen to Brown this season, but I don't think it will be BAL either.

For as big of an egg as they laid in the playoff game after such an incredible 16...the OFC I'm sure has something to prove, but it's the DEF got trucked and put them in the hole. They certainly addressed it this offseason...now to see if it will work.

I tend to agree, they will look to tweak a few things on OFC, but it's never going to be an OFC equipped to comeback from a two possession deficit with 6 mins to play.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what's going to happen to Brown this season, but I don't think it will be BAL either.

For as big of an egg as they laid in the playoff game after such an incredible 16...the OFC I'm sure has something to prove, but it's the DEF got trucked and put them in the hole. They certainly addressed it this offseason...now to see if it will work.

I tend to agree, they will look to tweak a few things on OFC, but it's never going to be an OFC equipped to comeback from a two possession deficit with 6 mins to play.
I think everyone expects Baltimore to be a team like the Chiefs. Lightning in a bottle & capable of putting up 20pts in mere minutes of field play. But I agree. I don't think they are as stable.

They are very reliant on Jackson creating something out of nothing. Plus dual-threat QBs like Jackson are 1 hit away from being an elite runner to being a decent runner.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone expects Baltimore to be a team like the Chiefs. Lightning in a bottle & capable of putting up 20pts in mere minutes of field play. But I agree. I don't think they are as stable.

They are very reliant on Jackson creating something out of nothing. Plus dual-threat QBs like Jackson are 1 hit away from being an elite runner to being a decent runner.

KC?...ok, it might look different but as long as the Ravens are able to play with a lead or even...they can use Jackson's unique ability to keep the chains moving and wear down a DEF, or they can strike quickly too.

Get them in a predictable passing mode and then they don't look very much like KC at all.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hired this Mike clown?