• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict is the reason AB has CTE, anyway.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict is the reason AB has CTE, anyway.

We've been saying this forever......

Brown started acting like a giant ass ever since this hit.
He knocked the common sense right out of him.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been saying this forever......

Brown started acting like a giant ass ever since this hit.
He knocked the common sense right out of him.
It was a freaky friday, and transferred some of Burfict's assholishness into Brown.

I don't know where the fountain is that they both need to piss into at the same time to revert them to normal.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, they actually did it.

The Raiders signed that scumbag.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, they actually did it.

The Raiders signed that scumbag.
D2E_wTzWoAAR8SK.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin speaks the truth here... Cleveland may be the AFCN favorites for now, but reality will strike come September or October. Freddie Kitchens? C'mon man. They may be able to make the playoffs, but I'm not buying anything more than that.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin speaks the truth here... Cleveland may be the AFCN favorites for now, but reality will strike come September or October. Freddie Kitchens? C'mon man. They may be able to make the playoffs, but I'm not buying anything more than that.

I didn't like that they moved their top tackler and best offensive lineman. Basically replaced with an oft-injured pass rusher and more firepower on offense. It's the kind of thing that looks better on paper than it plays out on the field. I'm also not buying the Freddie Kitchens hire... But I've been wrong before.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like that they moved their top tackler and best offensive lineman. Basically replaced with an oft-injured pass rusher and more firepower on offense. It's the kind of thing that looks better on paper than it plays out on the field. I'm also not buying the Freddie Kitchens hire... But I've been wrong before.
They definitely went for the more glamorous approach to their offseason. It's going to sell tickets, but we'll see how well it works when the rubber meets the road in September. I have a feeling that they will start off strong but wane by the midpoint of the season. Drama will build and inevitably they'll be staring down the same barrel they always do.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to applaud the Browns FO for most of the moves they've made recently starting with the QB...imo a huge risk for #1 overall, and he's not out of the woods yet, but at 1st glance Baker can play. The Raiders could probably tell them a little about playing with expectations...it's a little bit different. The Browns won't be sneaking up on anybody in '19.

The stuff that's questionable...new HC, OC, DC...in other words the top 3 on the field decision makers are all in new roles with the Browns.

I think 9-7, top side 10-6 this season.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to applaud the Browns FO for most of the moves they've made recently starting with the QB...imo a huge risk for #1 overall, and he's not out of the woods yet, but at 1st glance Baker can play. The Raiders could probably tell them a little about playing with expectations...it's a little bit different. The Browns won't be sneaking up on anybody in '19.

The stuff that's questionable...new HC, OC, DC...in other words the top 3 on the field decision makers are all in new roles with the Browns.

I think 9-7, top side 10-6 this season.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Funny how the Browns fortunes finally started to change shortly after getting rid of Hue Jackson.

Now who would have thunk that getting rid of the worst coach in NFL history would have such a positive effect?

As far as how many games they'll win. I don't know. Never been good @ playing that guessing game. Just want them to win more games than last year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the Browns fortunes finally started to change shortly after getting rid of Hue Jackson.

Now who would have thunk that getting rid of the worst coach in NFL history would have such a positive effect?

As far as how many games they'll win. I don't know. Never been good @ playing that guessing game. Just want them to win more games than last year.
That's all the realistic & logical fans can hope for, right!?

As for the rest... As Colin said, seems like half the NFL world is putting the Browns in the Super Bowl already. So aim higher Wamu!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all the realistic & logical fans can hope for, right!?

As for the rest... As Colin said, seems like half the NFL world is putting the Browns in the Super Bowl already. So aim higher Wamu!

You won't see me saying anything about the Browns & the Super Bowl. Gotta start smaller than that.

Although it's weird that another season's around the corner & there's positive talk about the Browns. That hasn't happened in a long time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't have to be good at guessing W/Ls...that's the fun of it...it's a guess....I thought PIT would be 10-6 to 11-5 LY...we see how that turned out...lol.

I never knew how bad Hue was until his stint with the Browns...not that I watched much of it, but Hard Knocks showed a guy that still hadn't learned much from his short time as the HC in OAK.

It has to feel pretty good to at least have some expectations though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to be good at guessing W/Ls...that's the fun of it...it's a guess....I thought PIT would be 10-6 to 11-5 LY...we see how that turned out...lol.

I never knew how bad Hue was until his stint with the Browns...not that I watched much of it, but Hard Knocks showed a guy that still hadn't learned much from his short time as the HC in OAK.

It has to feel pretty good to at least have some expectations though.
We were pretty much on the nose in recent years, but last season was a crotch punch. All the drama finally caught up to them.

As for Hue... I agree. It was incredible to see how frustrated his cohorts were on a daily basis trying to conform to his coaching approach. I almost felt bad for Todd Haley........almost

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were pretty much on the nose in recent years, but last season was a crotch punch. All the drama finally caught up to them.

As for Hue... I agree. It was incredible to see how frustrated his cohorts were on a daily basis trying to conform to his coaching approach. I almost felt bad for Todd Haley........almost

I made a mistake on Hue...I actually thought he learned something from his failure in OAK and would be a decent HC...I understand the pressure of needing to win games LY, but clearly Taylor was struggling and should've been 1-2 if Boz could make a kick in week 1...word is he wanted no parts of Mayfield starting. After taking him #1 overall and your stop gap is struggling?

Can't blame Mayfield for having little respect for him.

This may sound like a bold statement, but I think PIT bounces back this year actually. To what I'm not sure yet, but 10+ wins at least.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of what ifs for the Bengals, but I don't think the Bengals are in that bad of a position to at least compete on a weekly basis.

I know every team deals with injuries, some better than others, but the Bengals were pretty nicked up.

LT Gleen
LG Boling
C Price (second year)
RG Miller (big improvement)
RT Hart (no upgrade here, all we can hope for is our new OL coach can get the most out of him)

Dalton will be back and healthy.
Green will be back and healthy.
Eifert, hopefully he can stay healty.

Boyd coming off a 1000 yard season.

Mixon over 1100 yards rushing and led the AFC in rushing yards.

I know the defense os the big question mark and a whole new coaching staff. The defense carries over some really good players still in Dunlap, Atkins, Brown, Jackson, Bates, Williams. Hubbard came on last year. Lawson was hurt all last year and had like 8 sacks his rookie year. We kept Dennard and added Webb to our secondary to team with Kirkpatrick and Jackson. Bates had an outstanding rookie year. Billings wasn't too bad last year.

We can use improvement on defense no doubt, but there are many pieces on that defense that are still around from a defense that was ranked in the top 10-15 previously. Just need a better scheme, guys to stay healthy, and others to step up. All before the draft.

I am not saying we are anywhere as good as our 12-4 season a few years ago, but we have a decent QB, (2) 1000 yard receivers, a 1000 yard back who led the AFC in rushing with what was a porous line at times, and he has good hands. If our TE could ever stay healthy, he is one of the best in the NFL. Great playmakers on defense. Just need a good scheme, and guys to stay healthy I think. If that can be had, I think the Bengals are not out of the realm for competing in this division.

I mean hell the Ravens have Lamar Jackson at QB, better than Flacco but still. No real pass threat weapons, they lost Suggs, Mosely and Weddle. They did sign Thomas, but at a massive contract and who knows how he is going to be at 30 with his injuries. They still have a pretty damn good secondary no matter how you cut it but I wouldn't call them a powerhouse.

Then you have the Steelers and while Conner was really good last year, made you forget about Bell, the loss of Brown is going to really hurt. JuJu I think is an excellent secondary WR, but I don't see him as a #1. I think he is a lot like Tyler Boyd of the Bengals. Without Brown, there is going to be a lot of pressure on JuJu, and an aging Roethlisberger to make plays. There was a lot of lost talent on the Steelers offensive side of the ball. Then you have their defense, which is pretty good, but not like they used to be. Significant drop off in the secondary, LB core that is okay.

The Browns do seem ripe to strike, but so many of these kids are young on the Browns, all new coaching staff, so many strong personalities on that team and they weakened a part that I thought was their strength last year, their offensive line when they traded Zeitler away for an oft injured pass rusher, someone they didn't really need with all their emerging talent on the oline.

I thought the Beckham deal with great, but I personally think they hosed themselves on the Zeitler deal that sent him to the Giants.

I can see how the Browns are favored right now, but I think it is anyone's division still.