• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we will be seeing a lot more of Lamar Jackson.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the best thing that's happened to the Steelers so far this offseason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the best thing that's happened to the Steelers so far this offseason.

I thought the Ravens brass were stupid to get rid of Harbaugh and I guess it took them a few games to figure that out and reverse paths there.

Getting a draft pick for Flacco's contract imo was significant...I'm sure there were a lot of fans expecting that to be an outright release.

Jackson 2.0 will be a little different than the rookie, less running for sure, but imo the Ravens must get younger on DEF...lot of playmakers up in age....not sure if they will squeeze another yr out of Suggs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to participate in any of the OBJ trade discussions last week... And don't feel like scrolling through all the threads. But I'm curious what everyone thinks of it.

@Across The Field @Wamu @Sgt Brutus

My first thought was this is a joke right. Only a mid 1st, 3rd & that asshole from ann arbor for OBJ. Most WR's are pain in the ass divas, and OBJ's no different. Just hope he'll be productive in Cleveland. That's a helluva # 1 WR for Mayfield to throw to this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought was this is a joke right. Only a mid 1st, 3rd & that asshole from ann arbor for OBJ. Most WR's are pain in the ass divas, and OBJ's no different. Just hope he'll be productive in Cleveland. That's a helluva # 1 WR for Mayfield to throw to this season.
I definitely thought they gave up a king's ransom for him. If they can get the elite WR that he is without the drama, then it was a good deal. He's under contract through 2023. At $18mil per year you would think they're in for cap hell, but the Browns are still incredibly young and don't have much tied up elsewhere. Teams without franchise QB cap hits can take risks like this.

All eyes on Mayfield to take the next step now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely thought they gave up a king's ransom for him. If they can get the elite WR that he is without the drama, then it was a good deal. He's under contract through 2023. At $18mil per year you would think they're in for cap hell, but the Browns are still incredibly young and don't have much tied up elsewhere. Teams without franchise QB cap hits can take risks like this.

All eyes on Mayfield to take the next step now.

Alotta hype for a team that hasn't done anything in a long time. Of course I want the hype to be legit. I won't make any crazy predictions on what the Browns might do this year. I really have no idea. I Just want them to get more wins than last year.

Hopefully Mayfield doesn't have any type of a sophomore slump. What he did last year I would have never expected. With the weapons he has around him if healthy no reason he can't improve in year two.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alotta hype for a team that hasn't done anything in a long time. Of course I want the hype to be legit. I won't make any crazy predictions on what the Browns might do this year. I really have no idea. I Just want them to get more wins than last year.

Hopefully Mayfield doesn't have any type of a sophomore slump. What he did last year I would have never expected. With the weapons he has around him if healthy no reason he can't improve in year two.
Mayfield is the real deal. Surrounding him with as much elite talent as they can while he's still on a rookie deal is smart. Gives him the best chance to succeed. Not to mention OBJ's contract has a potential out in 2021 if things should go south. That's huge. And that out comes on the eve of Baker's rookie contract. Should Baker live up to being a franchise QB by then, they will have to shovel out $30m per year to sign him long-term. Suddenly OBJ's cap hit wouldn't look so friendly, but still workable.

Overall I don't see anything not to like about the trade. Browns are the division favorites right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is the real deal. Surrounding him with as much elite talent as they can while he's still on a rookie deal is smart. Gives him the best chance to succeed. Not to mention OBJ's contract has a potential out in 2021 if things should go south. That's huge. And that out comes on the eve of Baker's rookie contract. Should Baker live up to being a franchise QB by then, they will have to shovel out $30m per year to sign him long-term. Suddenly OBJ's cap hit wouldn't look so friendly, but still workable.

Overall I don't see anything not to like about the trade. Browns are the division favorites right now.

It's like the Browns fortunes changed the moment Hue Jackson was finally fired. I wanted him gone afte going 0-16. But no that idiot owner had his head up his ass & brought him back last year.

That's my fear for the Browns. Jimmy Haslam. I didn't like it when he bought the team & I don't trust him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the Browns fortunes changed the moment Hue Jackson was finally fired. I wanted him gone after going 0-16. But no that idiot owner had his head up his ass & brought him back last year.

That's my fear for the Browns. Jimmy Haslam. I didn't like it when he bought the team & I don't trust him.
I sort of understood keeping Jackson around at the time since they were trying not to keep heading down the same road with coaching changes, but after watching Hard Knocks and getting a closer look at how he ran things I changed my mind. I have no idea why anyone would have wanted to keep him around. Didn't watch every episode, but man was he cringe-worthy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of understood keeping Jackson around at the time since they were trying not to keep heading down the same road with coaching changes, but after watching Hard Knocks and getting a closer look at how he ran things I changed my mind. I have no idea why anyone would have wanted to keep him around. Didn't watch every episode, but man was he cringe-worthy.

I didn't watch an episode of that trainwreck. But I heard how bad it was. Or maybe I should say how much of mess the Browns were instead.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to participate in any of the OBJ trade discussions last week... And don't feel like scrolling through all the threads. But I'm curious what everyone thinks of it.

@Across The Field @Wamu @Sgt Brutus
Last year he thrived by being able to spread the ball around, so I don't know that it was necessary. That said, the price was fine, and we'll get to see what Baker can do with an elite WR now. All in all, I'm excited about the offseason moves in general. I think the division comes down to Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No question the Browns are on the uptick...still a steep price for a guy that probably won't finish his contract in CLE, but agreed, helluva #1.

As long as CLE stays on this upward path I don't think they will have much problem with OBJ, but as we've seen if things go south these guys can explode.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, if the Browns had a good kicker last year, Hue would have never been fired. They would have won that first Pittsburgh game, the New Orleans game and the Tampa game.....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I have feeling he ends up out west (maybe OAK)...doubtful any north team will touch him.

And just like that, he's scheduled to visit Oakland..... It does make sense. Pauly G. was his position coach when he broke into the league. Tez might need to buy AB some flowers to smooth things over, but otherwise it seems like a match made in heaven.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that, he's scheduled to visit Oakland..... It does make sense. Pauly G. was his position coach when he broke into the league. Tez might need to buy AB some flowers to smooth things over, but otherwise it seems like a match made in heaven.

Him and Brownstain can compare CTE notes.