• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support Deebo, and I clearly understand his position...but he's making this about himself over the team.

He had to know the rubber was going to meet the road on this at some point...Goodell is ass hole enough to push this to the brink and that's exactly what he's doing...If he doesn't want to sit down for this stupid ass interview for his teammates, he should not have come back.
i hear ya

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers respond to NFL's suspension threat of James Harrison

The Steelers have apparently had enough of the NFL's interrogation of James Harrison.

On Monday night, it was reported that the league will suspend Harrison if he doesn't speak to the league about Al-Jazeera's PED report by August 25. Moments later, the Steelers' official Twitter page posted the following message that seems to signify the team's support of their future Hall of Fame linebacker.
Harrison has been targeted by the league for years, as he has been fined in excess of $100,000 since the 2010 season. Since he announced his return to the Steelers for a 14th NFL season in May, he's been tested for PEDs by the NFL on multiple occasions, with Harrison passing each test. Initially, the league said that they would interview Harrison at the start of training camp, but an interview never took place, as Harrison thought the league's investigation was all but over.

“There’s nothing going on,” Harrison told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette earlier in the day. “As far as I’m concerned, it’s a done deal.”
Normally quiet when it comes to the league's discipline of it's players, the Steelers' Twitter message revealed the inner feelings of the organization, as Pittsburgh's brass is apparently sick of the league's treatment of one of its most iconic players.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo is firm in his principals, but I think that he will eventually cave. Everyone knows that this Al-Jazeera report is complete bullshit. He knows it, the teams knows it, the NFL knows it, I know it. But because this report has been painted all over the media all offseason, the NFL PR has to keep answering for it. And in true NFL fashion, rather than owning up to their previous dismissal of the report, they chose to throw the players under the bus to save face.

I still think that if the players truly have nothing to hide then they should get this shit over with. Like ATL said, this decision is more about the team than Deebo may realize. Or maybe he already knows, but is just trying to be a pain in the NFL's ass to prove a point. He has passed every drug test ever administered to him, so why is it that some outsider report is making the NFL investigate him further? The NFLPA should have squashed this bullshit before it ever hit the national media. It's absolutely hilarious that the NFL is dismissing Peyton Mannings involvement.

I see each side to this... And I support Deebo as well. But its ludicrous if Harrison is willing to miss the entire season because of a petty investigation.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was great give and take.

The latest I've heard is Deebo has said he will go to NY, but on the 29th....more drama.
Harrison, Peppers, Matthews to be interviewed by NFL

According to this, he is making himself available on the 29th at the Steelers facility.

Good snippet from the article:
Speaking to NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala, Harrison said he agreed to do the interview because he didn't want to be put in a position that could ultimately hurt his team. He also said the NFL doesn't have any evidence related to the allegations directed at him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick up...at the team site always made more sense than having players go to NY...I guess we'll see hoe the league responds next week.
Did you hear that Harrison is now thinking the "interview" should be recorded? Callin Goodell a "crook". lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Bungals & Ratturds squeak off a win today... Browns looked like the Browns lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Bungals & Ratturds squeak off a win today... Browns looked like the Browns lol

I just saw the highlights of the AFCN action and I saw the long one to Wallace for 6...aside from that BAL seem to struggle on OFC...OL issues...CIN played a better team on the road...quality win imo,,,notable was AJ Green and a buncha sacks on Dalton...at the end of the day, a win is a win.

CLE...they just don't have enough to have any expectations to win on the road vs a decent DEF....I said they might win 5 games...that might be high.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the highlights of the AFCN action and I saw the long one to Wallace for 6...aside from that BAL seem to struggle on OFC...OL issues...CIN played a better team on the road...quality win imo,,,notable was AJ Green and a buncha sacks on Dalton...at the end of the day, a win is a win.

CLE...they just don't have enough to have any expectations to win on the road vs a decent DEF....I said they might win 5 games...that might be high.

I think most Bengal fans are really happy to get out of New York with a win. And really terrified that our center has somehow even gotten worse. Bengals definitely miss Eifert and Burfict, but good win nonetheless.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds about 5 games too high.

They MIGHT be able to screw around and win a division game at home and maybe beat the Titans. Looking at the schedule, that's about all i'm willing to give them this season. #1 overall pick incoming.

Browns have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 fourths coming up this next draft. The youngest team in the NFL is going to get even younger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most Bengal fans are really happy to get out of New York with a win. And really terrified that our center has somehow even gotten worse. Bengals definitely miss Eifert and Burfict, but good win nonetheless.

Definitely a good win...Like I said to a few other winning fans...I'll take right now and run to next week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds about 5 games too high.

They MIGHT be able to screw around and win a division game at home and maybe beat the Titans. Looking at the schedule, that's about all i'm willing to give them this season. #1 overall pick incoming.

Browns have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 fourths coming up this next draft. The youngest team in the NFL is going to get even younger.

Yeah, I may have been optimistic thinking Gordon, Barnidge, decent RBs, they might steal a few game if RG3 worked out, but they have more or less gutted the DEF.

Nassib is starting out okay...speaking of those picks...one of your Browns brethren, Across the field, thinks you guys should forego a QB in the 1st rd and take this DE out of TX A&M...Garrett...if he's a stud I would too, but at some point they have to get the QB situation worked out. Kessler (whom Tomlin reportedly liked) imo is not the long term answer as a starter...played in a pro style OFC, and was noted to be a good, efficient passer, but doesn't have NFL starter level talent.

In either case 15 more to go...