• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people on here thought the Steelers were nuts for getting rid of him... lol

I think the early hype the Browns are getting might be in part to this HBO Hard Knocks thing, but I still think 6-10 would be a good record.

Haley has talent in CLE, but won't be able to lean on the caliber of talent that is Ben/AB and Bell...his time had run out in PIT...good #s, but PIT is looking for more than #s.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the early hype the Browns are getting might be in part to this HBO Hard Knocks thing, but I still think 6-10 would be a good record.

Haley has talent in CLE, but won't be able to lean on the caliber of talent that is Ben/AB and Bell...his time had run out in PIT...good #s, but PIT is looking for more than #s.
This could effectively be Haley's last stop in the NFL. If he can't produce in Cleveland then I have a hard time believing any other owners or FO would want to bring him aboard unless they were in desperation mode.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also coaching with Hue.... Same crap he would pull. Our 2015 season was busted when Dalton threw an interception on a screen pass from the 2 yard line (against you guys) and broke his hand making a tackle. I'd love to hear Hue and Haley talking goaline strategy. LOL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow... Didn't realize Perriman was on his way out the door.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we will have a really good defensive line the way these guys played, but in all honesty, I think the Bills offensive line is just as bad as we were good. Then Allen looked like a deer stuck in headlights. The speed of the defense just shell shocked him out there. We have yet to see what the Bengals defense becomes, but there is no denying that they have one of the fastest defenses in the NFL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell not @Wamu ? Smokescreen? If he's healthy then there's no way Hue can keep him off the field. That would be stupid. Hue going to keep him off the field for just 1 play to punish him? lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell not @Wamu ? Smokescreen? If he's healthy then there's no way Hue can keep him off the field. That would be stupid. Hue going to keep him off the field for just 1 play to punish him? lol

Nobody knows what the hell Hue Jackson is thinking. And that includes Hue himself. The only thing I can think of is since he hasn't played a snap in who the hell knows (seriously he's been suspended so long I can't remember) maybe he's not in shape or ready for contact yet. I say if he's cleared & ready to play get his ass o the field.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows what the hell Hue Jackson is thinking. And that includes Hue himself. The only thing I can think of is since he hasn't played a snap in who the hell knows (seriously he's been suspended so long I can't remember) maybe he's not in shape or ready for contact yet. I say if he's cleared & ready to play get his ass o the field.
I'm still leaning on Gordon using his rehab as an excuse to opt out of training camp. Just a hunch. But this "benching" could be an indication that Hue isn't happy with him.

I have a hard time believing that any coach would keep (arguably) their best player off the field against a divisional opponent. If the Browns want to make a statement to the division/conference/league, then you need all your ponies in front of the carriage.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still leaning on Gordon using his rehab as an excuse to opt out of training camp. Just a hunch. But this "benching" could be an indication that Hue isn't happy with him.

I have a hard time believing that any coach would keep (arguably) their best player off the field against a divisional opponent. If the Browns want to make a statement to the division/conference/league, then you need all your ponies in front of the carriage.

Never thought about him opting outta TC. But the position he's in right now that doesn't make alotta sense on his part. Maybe his off the field issues are more than the public is aware of? Maybe he's overly nervous? But who really knows? More important than helping out the Browns I want him to be able to finally help himself out once & for all.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought about him opting outta TC. But the position he's in right now that doesn't make alotta sense on his part. Maybe his off the field issues are more than the public is aware of? Maybe he's overly nervous? But who really knows? More important than helping out the Browns I want him to be able to finally help himself out once & for all.
Yea I'm probably being overly critical of the kid. The timing just felt awfully suspicious when the reports surfaced days before camps started that he wasn't going to be attending but instead going back to rehab or whatever.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm probably being overly critical of the kid. The timing just felt awfully suspicious when the reports surfaced days before camps started that he wasn't going to be attending but instead going back to rehab or whatever.

I was overly critical of him for a little while. Then I changed my tune after thinking of friends that have or are still going through substance issues. He's a talented kid w/ alotta potential. I hope his demons don't completely derail his career.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was overly critical of him for a little while. Then I changed my tune after thinking of friends that have or are still going through substance issues. He's a talented kid w/ alotta potential. I hope his demons don't completely derail his career.
He's on the right path. Just needs to keep himself focused and not let the outside noise control him. And definitely change who he surrounds himself with.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals resign Atkins to 4 year extension and Dunlap to 3 year extension.

That only leaves Preston Brown and Dennard as guys they need to target for contract extension during season or immediately following.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals resign Atkins to 4 year extension and Dunlap to 3 year extension.

That only leaves Preston Brown and Dennard as guys they need to target for contract extension during season or immediately following.
Contract details?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract details?

Atkins agreed to a four-year extension through 2022, Atkins' agency, SportsTrust Advisors, announced Tuesday on Twitter. Atkins' new contract is worth $65.3 million, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The defensive tackle receives $25.5 million in the first year and more than half of the deal ($37.5M) in the the first two years. His $16.3M yearly average is the highest annual rate signed by a 30-plus-year-old non-quarterback in NFL history.

Dunlap agreed to a three-year extension through 2021 worth $45 million, a source told Rapoport.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atkins agreed to a four-year extension through 2022, Atkins' agency, SportsTrust Advisors, announced Tuesday on Twitter. Atkins' new contract is worth $65.3 million, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The defensive tackle receives $25.5 million in the first year and more than half of the deal ($37.5M) in the the first two years. His $16.3M yearly average is the highest annual rate signed by a 30-plus-year-old non-quarterback in NFL history.

Dunlap agreed to a three-year extension through 2021 worth $45 million, a source told Rapoport.

Both well deserved. Dunlap is maybe not a star, but a very consistent, productive player. I don't like paying interior DL huge money, but it's rare to have a DT that's disruptive in the pass game and the run game. Atkins had some adjustment period after his big injury, but he's found his confidence again. You must game plan for both of these guys. PIT feels they can man up block Dunlap with Gilbert...they don't necessarily feel they can man up on Atkins...Men up maybe.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both well deserved. Dunlap is maybe not a star, but a very consistent, productive player. I don't like paying interior DL huge money, but it's rare to have a DT that's disruptive in the pass game and the run game. Atkins had some adjustment period after his big injury, but he's found his confidence again. You must game plan for both of these guys. PIT feels they can man up block Dunlap with Gilbert...they don't necessarily feel they can man up on Atkins...Men up maybe.

I know Dunlap is not considered a star, but for a guy who has yet to 30, and has 16 career forced fumbles, eight fumble recoveries, 48 passes defensed, four blocked field goals and three touchdowns to go along with his 64.5 sacks, he is a disruptive force to be dealt with.

By the end of his newest contract extension, he could be around 90+ sacks and anything else he adds to those other numbers. That may not be first ballot HOF like Geno is on his way for, but it may be a HOF candidate at some point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Dunlap is not considered a star, but for a guy who has yet to 30, and has 16 career forced fumbles, eight fumble recoveries, 48 passes defensed, four blocked field goals and three touchdowns to go along with his 64.5 sacks, he is a disruptive force to be dealt with.

By the end of his newest contract extension, he could be around 90+ sacks and anything else he adds to those other numbers. That may not be first ballot HOF like Geno is on his way for, but it may be a HOF candidate at some point.

Trust me, no slight intended...I'd love to have his production on the edge.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, no slight intended...I'd love to have his production on the edge.

None taken. :)

I just might be a bit more of a Dunlap fan that others on my board are. I think he is the best DE we have ever had. Then again, I have only been following this team since the early 80's.

Tuitt and Heyward are nothing to take lightly either. They are a force to be reckoned with.