• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sATCcFkiQiNCLAd-800x450-noPad.jpg
usatsi_10467023.jpg

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://deadspin.com/jarvis-landry-spends-98-seconds-cursing-out-his-fellow-1828188364

Top comment on the article is so perfect:
Landry is like the new guy in the POW camp. His spirits are high and he thinks if he motivates his fellow prisoners, that they can overcome their oppressors. The men who have been imprisoned the longest have seen this before, they’ve seen that it will only end in failure and it’s taken the souls of stronger men than him. There is no hope, he just hasn’t come to realize it yet. All you can do is just sit back and wait for the next vicious beating​

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://deadspin.com/jarvis-landry-spends-98-seconds-cursing-out-his-fellow-1828188364

Top comment on the article is so perfect:
Landry is like the new guy in the POW camp. His spirits are high and he thinks if he motivates his fellow prisoners, that they can overcome their oppressors. The men who have been imprisoned the longest have seen this before, they’ve seen that it will only end in failure and it’s taken the souls of stronger men than him. There is no hope, he just hasn’t come to realize it yet. All you can do is just sit back and wait for the next vicious beating​

LOL! WTF does Landry know about wining football? He played for a crappy Dolphin organization before moving north. It's like having Andy Dalton giving a pep talk for postseason football.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! WTF does Landry know about wining football? He played for a crappy Dolphin organization before moving north. It's like having Andy Dalton giving a pep talk for postseason football.
That makes it even better. Browns WR's were getting schooled on the Dolphins work ethic.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes it even better. Browns WR's were getting schooled on the Dolphins work ethic.
Well at least that gives them a tiny bit more substance to work with. Like 5-6 more wins worth of substance.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you people talking badly about the Browns should be ashamed of yourselves.

If Cleveland doesn't repeat as preseason champions Hue Jackson should be fired.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least that gives them a tiny bit more substance to work with. Like 5-6 more wins worth of substance.

I'd be happy if the Browns go 2-14 & their 2 W's are against Pittsburgh. And teach Bell a lesson. Trade him to Cleveland!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy if the Browns go 2-14 & their 2 W's are against Pittsburgh. And teach Bell a lesson. Trade him to Cleveland!
He would deserve that.

And you know if we did, he would instantly break his hip in preseason, or get drunk and fall off the roof of his house or something.

And of course, lose a leg to the resulting staph infection.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would deserve that.

And you know if we did, he would instantly break his hip in preseason, or get drunk and fall off the roof of his house or something.

laughingsmiley.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would deserve that.

I bet the Cleveland hip-hop scene would love him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals release veteran S Iloka after 6 seasons

Not sure what to think of this. On the surface it seems like the typical Mike Brown nature of business where he's a cheapass, but it also could speak volumes towards Jessie Bates (of whom you all know I loved in the draft). Iloka is a decent player & a great leader. Shouldn't be long before he finds a new home.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals release veteran S Iloka after 6 seasons

Not sure what to think of this. On the surface it seems like the typical Mike Brown nature of business where he's a cheapass, but it also could speak volumes towards Jessie Bates (of whom you all know I loved in the draft). Iloka is a decent player & a great leader. Shouldn't be long before he finds a new home.

I think this speaks more about the front office trying to find additional funds to make a move on resigning Dunlap and Atkins. Iloka was good for about 2 PF a game with his tackling style. His play has slipped in the last couple years to where I think a rookie 2nd round safety isn't that far behind, and for the cost savings to use and try and re-up the heart of the defense.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this speaks more about the front office trying to find additional funds to make a move on resigning Dunlap and Atkins. Iloka was good for about 2 PF a game with his tackling style. His play has slipped in the last couple years to where I think a rookie 2nd round safety isn't that far behind, and for the cost savings to use and try and re-up the heart of the defense.
Again... Why not just cut Michael Johnson then (same cap hit just north of ~$6.1m)? He's way more expendable at this point. And not to mention the Bengals have more cap space than ALL but 4 teams in the NFL.

The "cap savings" argument is very weak.

I think this move has a lot more to do with Bates being ready & the future.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Michael Johnson is next.

Dunlap and Atkins are going to command 75 million dollar contracts or higher. Then, you have William Jackson III emerging as a shut down corner and his contract is going to be up for renewal in a couple years. Plus, Dennard is up for renewal also. May be in the position we are in as far as cap space, but three guys could wipe that completely out of the water. Plus, I can see Carl Lawson getting a huge contract in a couple years if he keeps going the way he is going. Shit is about to get real expensive for Cincinnati

Guys that can be used to make room for contracts by being cut:

C. Obuehi
M. Johnson
G. Iloka

Eifert can't stay healthy, so I imagine this will be his last year with Cincinnati. Kirkpatrick really is not that good and maybe gets cut next year, perhaps traded as his 11 million will go a long way in savings also. AJ Green is due a new contract soon also.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... Why not just cut Michael Johnson then (same cap hit just north of ~$6.1m)? He's way more expendable at this point. And not to mention the Bengals have more cap space than ALL but 4 teams in the NFL.

The "cap savings" argument is very weak.

I think this move has a lot more to do with Bates being ready & the future.

I hope Bates is ready, but I have not seen anything special during preseason that would make me think that yet. He didn't look any worse than Iloka, but certainly didn't look any better. However, for the price difference and the chance to add another young guy with speed to the team that can contribute in special teams like Trayvon Henderson, might have been just too good to pass up on cutting Iloka. Cincinnati never cuts guys with that much time on a contract because they hate dead cap money, but they did. Shocked me.

Like you said, I hope Bates is ready, but I haven't seen anything special yet.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bummer. Always want to face Baltimore at full strength because they make for the best games of the year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is about to get real expensive for Cincinnati

Guys that can be used to make room for contracts by being cut:

C. Obuehi
M. Johnson
G. Iloka

Eifert can't stay healthy, so I imagine this will be his last year with Cincinnati. Kirkpatrick really is not that good and maybe gets cut next year, perhaps traded as his 11 million will go a long way in savings also. AJ Green is due a new contract soon also.

That's what happens when your draft picks grow up and pan out! lol...That Lawson kid is a sack dawg...has the knack...time to cut ties with Johnson imo.