• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armchair GMs...check this out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is the shit- but anyone expecting a huge drop-off in our defense is grossly overestimating the impact a single player (ANY single player) has on an NFL defense, imo.

One guy won't make a average defense good, or a good defense great. That's just the reality of a league filled with the best players in the world...

Hope you're right. I disagree that one guy can't make a defense better. I just see nothing in the 6 years of Mayhew that says he capable of recovering after fumbling Suh and losing him.

Did you know that part of raising tix, this regime sent a letter to season tix holders promising to re-sign their best players? They had no plan B. They were sure they'd keep Suh. Mayhew is a dead man walking.

fans like me get criticized for wanting a better team. I'm not happy w a sub .500 record and no titles in 6 years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker, I will not have a problem saying I am wrong. Actually had you yourself say kudos to me for admitting many times.
I got them being 10-15 and still a chance staying top ten. So when you use these drastic words to describe this dropoff, how far are you talking? Below 20? 15-20? Bottom five? Some here make it seem they will be last in the league. I just don't see dropping ten spots as dramatic as some here.
Many times depending on what stat you look at, the the gap is not huge between many teams.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time making or judging any concrete predictions seriously at this point. We haven't even used all five of our picks yet. MMII doesn't even have to draft a kicker, just for the sake of drafting a kicker, this year. (That stupid prick.)

I've got my opinions on the impact This Round of OffSeason Free Agency is going to have on our 2015 record, but hard to measure it against the impact of that which is yet to come. I have a good guess though. But I'll save it for Sweeps Week.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker, I will not have a problem saying I am wrong. Actually had you yourself say kudos to me for admitting many times.
I got them being 10-15 and still a chance staying top ten. So when you use these drastic words to describe this dropoff, how far are you talking? Below 20? 15-20? Bottom five? Some here make it seem they will be last in the league. I just don't see dropping ten spots as dramatic as some here.
Many times depending on what stat you look at, the the gap is not huge between many teams.

At least with me, it isn't that I think the defense will suck. Austin will have to adjust his approach in the new reality. And I have confidence in Austin to do so. The defense will be fine. But it won't be good enough to prop up a piss poor offense like it was last year.

Which was why I agreed with Old Lion when he said the fortunes of the Lions this year hinges upon the improvement of the offense. And I don't have confidence in Lombardi to do so. I certainly won't be expecting the Lions to hold Green Bay to 7 points again anytime soon.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh and the Lions couldn't even beat the Packers in Lambaeu but they probably will this year...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under Mayhew, the Lions have gone 40-56 and have only been over .500 twice, with 0 playoff wins and 0 division titles in his six years leading the franchise.

But they did have the Pro Bowl MVP! Damnit Rob stop pissing on the Lions!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recieved a rainbow rating. Lol

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh and the Lions couldn't even beat the Packers in Lambaeu but they probably will this year...

It's 11 vs 18, how do you expect that to happen? ...when was the last time you seen the officials call a fair game between the Lions and Packers in Lambaeu (when the Lions were able to win that is)?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single fucking time they've ever played!

Green Bay has been a better team for a generation because they're a better team. Not because the refs give a shit who wins.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green Bay has been a better team for a generation because they're a better team. Not because the refs give a shit who wins.
BullShit! It's not fair that the Lions can't win there.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do want to know why it is that the Lions seem to get stuck playing at Lambeau in December every season though.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dec. 11th 2005... Intentional Grounding and Holding on the Packers in the end zone which would've given the Lions a 2 point lead and a free kick, instead of being tied at 13 to send the game into Over Time for a Packers come back win. The Officials changed the outcome of the game by over ruling the Intentional Grounding and ignoring the Holding call. Your okay with 2011 and 2014 too I take it?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dec. 11th 2005... Intentional Grounding and Holding on the Packers in the end zone which would've given the Lions a 2 point lead and a free kick, instead of being tied at 13 to send the game into Over Time for a Packers come back win. The Officials changed the outcome of the game by over ruling the Intentional Grounding and ignoring the Holding call. Your okay with 2011 and 2014 too I take it?
The Lions lose on their own. They don't need refs to do it for them.
(I'm not okay with our Lions being worse than Green Bay, every, fucking, year. But I only blame our Lions for it.)
Crying aboot it if you want.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions lose on their own. They don't need refs to do it for them.
(I'm not okay with our Lions being worse than Green Bay, every, fucking, year. But I only blame our Lions for it.)
Crying aboot it if you want.

I call it for the way I see it... whenever the Officials make their game changing calls the Lions Roll Over and Die.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call it for the way I see it... whenever the Officials make their game changing calls the Lions Roll Over and Die.

What do you say when the officials miss a penalty on the Lions. Most of us say" got away with one there". What about a penalty in their favor. Do you bitch for the other team?

In any sport the refs blow calls both ways. Fans only complain about the ones against. Yet, sit as a hypocrite in appreciation of the ones that help. In any game the Lions have various other plays to change the outcome. Does it really come down to that one play every time for you?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a penalty in their favor. Do you bitch for the other team?

I still bring up the "Coin Toss," in fact it wasn't even two months ago the last time I brought it up.

What do you say when the officials miss a penalty on the Lions. Most of us say "got away with one there".

In all honesty, I would rather see a fair game called... win, lose or draw. But, it depends on the situation... Did the Lions score or were they able to score because of it? Did it happen in the forth quarter when it mattered? Was it a game changer? The fact of the matter is... the calls and non calls can and do dictate the game.

In any sport the refs blow calls both ways. Fans only complain about the ones against.

I know exactly what you mean, an example... 2011 Post-Season Giants 37 vs Officials 14 + Packers 6. Not one Packer player or fan said anything about getting "THE CALLS." 2012 week 3 Packers vs Seattle (replacement refs) the whole Packers fan base was in an outrage over "a call." In regards to the NFL... you can keep telling yourself that because no fan will tell you different when their teams are getting "THE CALLS" time after time. Like most Lions fans you write it off believing the Lions suck.

Yet, sit as a hypocrite in appreciation of the ones that help.

You don't have a pot to piss in judging me. I don't feel bad when the Lions gets one back from a team that got favored in the past.

In any game the Lions have various other plays to change the outcome. Does it really come down to that one play every time for you?

In the 2015 Lions vs Cowboys post-season game... was it the flag being picked up for you? Or could it be the half-a-dozen or so non-holding calls on Dallas offensive line during their last scoring drive while calling a couple of defensive holding calls on the Lions that changed the outcome of the game to take the wind out of Detroit's sail?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still bring up the "Coin Toss," in fact it wasn't even two months ago the last time I brought it up.

In all honesty, I would rather see a fair game called... win, lose or draw. But, it depends on the situation... Did the Lions score or were they able to score because of it? Did it happen in the forth quarter when it mattered? Was it a game changer? The fact of the matter is... the calls and non calls can and do dictate the game.

I know exactly what you mean, an example... 2011 Post-Season Giants 37 vs Officials 14 + Packers 6. Not one Packer player or fan said anything about getting "THE CALLS." 2012 week 3 Packers vs Seattle (replacement refs) the whole Packers fan base was in an outrage over "a call." In regards to the NFL... you can keep telling yourself that because no fan will tell you different when their teams are getting "THE CALLS" time after time. Like most Lions fans you write it off believing the Lions suck.

You don't have a pot to piss in judging me. I don't feel bad when the Lions gets one back from a team that got favored in the past.

In the 2015 Lions vs Cowboys post-season game... was it the flag being picked up for you? Or could it be the half-a-dozen or so non-holding calls on Dallas offensive line during their last scoring drive while calling a couple of defensive holding calls on the Lions that changed the outcome of the game to take the wind out of Detroit's sail?

Never judged you. That was a broad statement of fans being hypocritical. I am guilty myself.

My eyes were open to this view as a young kid coaching. I was hollering at a ref about a call he missed. I had a kid run a kickoff back earlier. He walked over and asked me. "Did you have a problem with me not calling that hold at the goal line on that kickoff? I sad no... He said me either. It was a incredible run and I left the flag in my pocket. So normally a bad call yes in your favor just as much the other way.

Good luck seeing a fair game called. Too many chances for human error on calls that are a judgement calls. Then see errors after the judgement call was made. as in the flag pickup in Dallas. Holding can be called on most plays in the NFL either way. I will get back with you later on this topic LMW. Taking a trip north again.