• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona @ Southern Cal

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be retarded. We are talking the Arizona Wildcats here. They were bottom 5 in the NCAA in passing ypg coming into today, just ahead of Air Force and Navy. USC made them look freaking awesome, which is absolutely humiliating for USC

There is no questioning the quality of the players USC have on it's roster. It's that for this season and next, they'll be razor thin at depth at most positions. Where they really suffer is the ability to rotate players, especially D. By the 4th, the D is utterly gassed. Unless they are playing a scrub at O. And most PAC teams are not scrubby at the O thing.

By the way, thanks again for all those great preview posts on the Furd game thread last week. Really good stuff. :suds:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no questioning the quality of the players USC have on it's roster. It's that for this season and next, they'll be razor thin at depth at most positions. Where they really suffer is the ability to rotate players, especially D. By the 4th, the D is utterly gassed. Unless they are playing a scrub at O. And most PAC teams are not scrubby at the O thing.

By the way, thanks again for all those great preview posts on the Furd game thread last week. Really good stuff. :suds:

LSU had just as many scholarship players as USC last season (no joke...due to injuries, ineligible player, players leaving etc). Then LSU set an all-time record for juniors leaving for the draft last year.

As for USC, they are deeper and more loaded than pretty much any team in the country. Last year too. UW has great talent but nowhere close to talent and depth of USC (this year or last)

Last edited by a moderator:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans happy about this win remind me of the Texas fans that were thrilled they beat Iowa State. Sad in reality

It's because Kiffin is gone & we can now move foward we know theres alot of work to be done & wins like these dont mean anything....USC program is about winning national titles..so your comment is irrelevant because USC fans know college football & atleast a win today at home is a good start. We know that we can atleast finish the season decent & see what happends next year & if USC fans got happy it's because it was a win with out Kiffin but nobody is celebrating like we won a title...get real dude!

And college football is always fun for fans but i guess to you we are not supost to be happy or cheer for our Trojans!

" its is wrong because it's LA all their fans dont derserve anything only we have the right to talk smack" - typical LA haters

Last edited by a moderator:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because Kiffin is gone & we can now move foward we know theres alot of work to be done & wins like these dont mean anything....USC program is about winning national titles..so your comment is irrelevant because USC fans know college football & atleast a win today at home is a good start. We know that we can atleast finish the season decent & see what happends next year & if USC fans got happy it's because it was a win with out Kiffin but nobody is celebrating like we won a title...get real dude!

And college football is always fun for fans but i guess to you we are not supost to be happy or cheer for our Trojans!

" its is wrong because it's LA all their fans dont derserve anything only we have the right to talk smack" - typical LA haters

3og4ru.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to see what happens at USC if Orgeron starts winning games and continue to have fun like they are. IMO this man is not qualified to be the head coach at USC, but they will have problems on their hands if they do start winning under Orgeron.

Rich Rodriguez continues to prove he is a poor mans Chip Kelly. Arizona will never be legit under this parasite. The most the Cats win each year is 8 wins.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A poor mans Chip Kelly? Are you just throwing the name out there because it was your former coach?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU had just as many scholarship players as USC last season (no joke...due to injuries, ineligible player, players leaving etc). Then LSU set an all-time record for juniors leaving for the draft last year.

As for USC, they are deeper and more loaded than pretty much any team in the country. Last year too. UW has great talent but nowhere close to talent and depth of USC (this year or last)

Incorrect. Yes, we have a lot of talent, however, much of that talent is very young and many of them would be redshirting if we were at normal scholarship levels. We had 56 scholarship players available when we played ASU and tonight, we were without Marqise Lee and Morgan Breslin (one of our top defenders) at the start of the game and then lost Xavier Grimble and Tre Madden during the game.

We did show some depth, but outside of running back and tight end, we are very thin at virtually every other position, including the defensive secondary where we are very inexperienced.

While I don't think the defense was necessarily gassed at the end, fatigue did show up in the form of some mental mistakes (particularly in the secondary) which left Arizona receivers wide open due to missed assignments or reading a route incorrectly. On Arizona's last TD (I believe) Su'a Cravens misread a play, was caught flat footed and got burned.

Bottom line, it was good to get a win, this team has alot of work to do if they want to salvage the season and the schollie reductions are doing exactly what they are designed to do, which is put a team at a disadvantage and make it hard to compete.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fitting for all the USC fans to show up AFTER the game.

I was in at the start of the game, but I rarely post during a game because I miss too much of the game. Not much of a "multi-tasker".:lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, save your breath when it comes to tshirt. He does some great pregame posts, but he has his own agenda and doesn't listen to reason. You should have seen his rant about Seahawk fans on the NFL board. According to him ALL seattle fans are an embarrassment to our city and the NFL because of the words of a few posters on a forum. Trust me, he has his views and they are not subject to change.

:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, save your breath when it comes to tshirt. He does some great pregame posts, but he has his own agenda and doesn't listen to reason. You should have seen his rant about Seahawk fans on the NFL board. According to him ALL seattle fans are an embarrassment to our city and the NFL because of the words of a few posters on a forum. Trust me, he has his views and they are not subject to change.

:suds:

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. and I see nothing wrong with Seahawks fans since I'm a Seahawks fan myself.

And no, not because of Pete Carroll (although I admit it doesn't hurt).:lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, you can jump on our wagon for any reason you like. All are welcome!!!!
(was that the right usage of the !):noidea:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, you can jump on our wagon for any reason you like. All are welcome!!!!
(was that the right usage of the !):noidea:

I'm not ready to jump on your bandwagon but I am hoping that the Seahawks get another chance at it this year after the screw job they took in Superbowl XL. Your boys took a major screw job in that game.