• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you took the bait.

The only team that managed to do as good or better than the Dbacks since KT arrived, did it by buying their team. KT managed to do it with half the payroll.

I took your bait, so you could take mine. Of the 12 teams who had a worse payroll than the DBacks, half of them had a better record (KC being the worst at 86-76 .531). And of those teams, 5 went to the playoffs. That means that half of the teams who made the playoffs had a worse payroll than the DBacks.

Because if you look at payroll, taking the top ten teams in payroll, 3 made the playoffs. Take the bottom ten teams in payroll, 4 made the playoffs.

If half of the teams who made the playoffs have a worse payroll than AZ, half of the teams who have a worse payroll than AZ had well above a winning record, and there are more teams from the bottom ten teams in payroll who made the playoffs than teams from the top ten in payroll, then payroll is not an excuse.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Scherzer just turned down a 6 year, $144 million offer from the Tigers. He rejected a contract for $24 million a year. What the hell is going on with these players? How much damn money do they want? This is completely ridiculous.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what's more depressing. Our 0-2 record on the real opening day or the fact that McCarthy is starting tonight.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how fast things change. Midway through last season we were all talking about how bright of a future this team had and how we would be WS contenders for years to come. Oh how things have changed. The future looks bleak at best. Towers needs to go ASAP. Gibson does make questionable managerial decisions but the guys liked playing for him not too long ago. We are great at drafting guys, but Towers is too impatient with developing our top prospects.

Skaggs pitched a gem in his first start with the Angels, and yes it was against the Astros but I am still angry that we traded him for a guy who won't hit his weight. Towers got lucky in 2011 with the deadline moves he made but he has depleted the farm for average guys at best. I won't be surprised if Bradley is a bust simply because he is called up too early.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks posting their worst start in franchise history is a headline on the front page of ESPN. We made it! :gaah:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNhqiwdIXGE]How to Pitch When You Don't Throw 95+ with Domingo Ayala and Josh Collmenter - YouTube[/ame]

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollock has a fractured right hand. That sucks. :(

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool to see the DBacks draft my boy Cameron Bishop in the 32nd round yesterday. He was a Top 5 round talent but he told clubs he was going to honor his commitment to UCI, so their was no point in drafting him.

Have gone to school with the guy for more than 10 years now, cool deal.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool to see the DBacks draft my boy Cameron Bishop in the 32nd round yesterday. He was a Top 5 round talent but he told clubs he was going to honor his commitment to UCI, so their was no point in drafting him.

Have gone to school with the guy for more than 10 years now, cool deal.

It is always respectable when a guy stays true to his word. I am a big proponent of achieving higher education. I understand why players hit the pros early but it is nice to see some value an education. He deserves to be drafted and given his chance!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be time to call Trevor Cahill up from the minors.