• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arian foster says got paid at Tennessee

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add Miami and every other school that got the shaft not in the SEC.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they better be VOLUNTEERING a LOT more money to guise REAL quick.

They get to come to NORMAN next year!:dance::hungry:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I have said the same thing. I have no problem with the hundred dollar handshakes or some free food. I didn't have a problem with Bush as he was already at USC. I do have a problem with Auburn buying scam.

-
this stupid. Of course cash filled handshakes are cheating. You dont think that influences recruits? Go to X school, because they give 500 a td.

Don't be so quick to cast aspersions, Tex. You have no idea what Texas is doing to get recruits or feed some of the poorer student athletes.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add I am certain that USC, Oregon, Stanford, Ohio and even my beloved Michigan pay players, but when we get caught we get post season suspensions. Auburn got probation? Oh, just googles it, they did not receive that.

Ohio got straponed for tattoos. So did USC. I hate them both but want it to be fair.

Ohio didn't get in much trouble for the tattoos, they got nailed for covering it up.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against paying players.

MastaCow53

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are furnished with enough food to choke an elephant. Players also get money for food and shelter.

If Arian Foster had to choose between food and rent, it's because he was spending his money on something else.

Foster is the worst kind of punk. Take the scholarship, take the money, then f**k over everybody after the fact.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
If Texas is giving cash, it is wrong. The team committing the act does not change my moral compass.

And that may very well be. My point isn't that your moral compass would allow the Longhorns to feed kids but that they probably are. It's human nature to want to help those that you spend a great deal of time with if they are hungry. Giving money is a totally different matter.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more nail.

I don't think that there is a top program out there that isn't doing something against the rules.

First, the rules are so Byzantine and confusing that it takes armies of lawyers to figure them out. Every school must have highly paid compliance officers, post the rules, and nag the boosters to behave themselves. The "student athletes" are supposedly given hours of training in what they can and cannot do.

But it seems like our SEC friends see cheating as almost a badge of honor, something to be proud of. When my school does it, I'm angry and want the offenders gone, even if it means firing folks and sending promising athletes elsewhere, which is exactly what they did. Besides, my school sucks at cheating. They allowed kids to crash in apartments, get rides to the airport, and raid the refrigerator. While doing this, our friends down South got sex with cute university "hostesses," houseboat parties, fancy rides, bling, designer clothes, and cash in unmarked envelopes.

I guess the moral is that if you are going to cheat, go whole hog. And be proud of it. Silly me, I was raised to think it wrong, what old fashioned parents I had.:doh:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to hear the entire explanation as to why a scholarship guy who has his meals paid for him ended up being so hungry that he had to call his coach to pick up taco bell? Did he miss cafeteria hours? Did he blow his food allowance on something else? Forgive me for not feeling sorry for the guy, but an empty fridge is something that people scraping their way through school have to deal from time to time. He was hungry because he didn't plan properly.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that may very well be. My point isn't that your moral compass would allow the Longhorns to feed kids but that they probably are. It's human nature to want to help those that you spend a great deal of time with if they are hungry. Giving money is a totally different matter.

That is different story. I was talking about the cash handshakes. This story does sound a bit odd. I truly doubt Tennessee players are going hungry at school. Something does not quite pass the smell test

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that some of you actually believe Arian's bullshit is laughable. I guarantee you the players at the University of Tennessee are not fucking starving! These athletes eat like KINGS, KINGS I TELL YOU! 3 squares a day and they're not eating Ramen, tuna fish, PB&J, etc like I did in college, they're eating badass breakfast food, steaks, seafood, chicken, etc, etc. That's every single day. When they go on the road, do you honestly believe the Vols team is eating at Taco Bell? Fuck no.

They don't need to be paid, they live like kings and are treated like kings! Tony Brackens always had a fat roll of hundos when he and Bryant Westbrook and some of the other old school Texas football players would bar hop on 6th St back when I was at Texas.......