• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arian foster says got paid at Tennessee

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken their asses down to the local food pantry and been like help yourselves boys.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody cheats to varying degrees. It's coming out more frequently now because there are people that want to break the NCAA system.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee has a An Athlete DINING HALL.

University of Tennessee Thornton Center

With 18 full-time staff members, the Thornton Athletics Student Life Center offers academic counseling services, a career development program, a student development program, a comprehensive tutoring program, a writing lab, a math lab, a computer lab, and accommodations for students with special needs.

Study Hall
Provides a quiet, equipped, and supportive environment for student learning
Objective-Based Study Hall is a program for at-risk student-athletes
Mentors assist students in organizational and study skills
Designed to provide students with a structured and supervised study environment conducive to learning

Tutoring
Free tutoring is available in nearly any subject
Writing Lab
Writing Lab staff work with student-athletes at all stages of the writing process and for any discipline
Staffed by tutors who have taught writing and literature courses
Math Lab
Provides individual assistance and group study sessions related to math

A Nutrition bar for Athletic Supplementation

Tennessee fired Derek Dooley yet have to continue to pay him. Tennessee spent a bundle on the
new facility and this has forced Tennessee into the red.

State licensed in house PHARMACY. There you go, Tennessee athletes have access to drugs, just like Oklahoma State.

There is a FULL SCALE dining hall.

What the heck!! They get a free education(if they go to class and study). They have tutors that write their papers.

Athletes are given access to room, board, books, tutors, free medical care, and extra stuff. yet, for some reason they think the school is supposed to give them other expenses? Where is their family? How come they don't get a summer job?

My son goes to college now. I pay tuition, rent, and ALL EXPENSES.

If my son was able to get an athletic scholarship you can bet I would love it, and I would still make sure he had food. I estimate his in state tuition is costing my wife and I $25,000 per year, this includes just about all expenses.

My son even has a job to help pay for some of his expenses and pocket spending money.

I admire Arian Foster for coming out and saying this, but still where is his sense of responsibility? As usual, maybe the American Culture of ENTITLEMENT is part of the problem.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody cheats to varying degrees. It's coming out more frequently now because there are people that want to break the NCAA system.
Yup. Thats the endgame: its coming out more and more because people want policy changes

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this doesn't warrant the death penalty, I don't know what does

I wouldnt go this far, but having to watch 50 hours of Florida gator football from the last couple of years should be enough to straighten them guys right out.:lol:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I have said the same thing. I have no problem with the hundred dollar handshakes or some free food. I didn't have a problem with Bush as he was already at USC. I do have a problem with Auburn buying scam.

-
this stupid. Of course cash filled handshakes are cheating. You dont think that influences recruits? Go to X school, because they give 500 a td.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior year. Don't really care. It's people paying for recruits to come to the school to start with that gets my attention and is what I consider to be cheating.

What stops someone from telling a recruit 'come to universityX and I'll give you 100k your junior year and another 100k your senior year.' etc etc etc?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stops someone from telling a recruit 'come to universityX and I'll give you 100k your junior year and another 100k your senior year.' etc etc etc?

Nothing, that is the reason they have the rules and tons of other stupid rules. Fear that if something minor is allowed it will become a recruiting tool. But I still don't care/get worked up about them.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of being a little bit mean there. :whistle:

Nah, you were just telling the truth, i was just adding in all the others who joined recently in that circle of controversy affectionately known as cheaters.:suds:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any problems what Foster said, he's right. What's the ncaa going to do, Investigate? Oh no's

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna go on record while LSU isnt in trouble and say I dont think this is a big problem, paying recruits yes problem this...not so much.

I didnt want to wait to comment when LSU gets in trouble at some point in the future for some stupid crap like this to come out and say "not cheating".

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are paid for their services, there is no greater payment than an education an a betterment of your life, nothing said will change my mind of that. That being said I have no problem with players who can not afford to be there receiving free housing and food.

I could eat 10.

pics or GTFO

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna go on record while LSU isnt in trouble and say I dont think this is a big problem, paying recruits yes problem this...not so much.

I didnt want to wait to comment when LSU gets in trouble at some point in the future for some stupid crap like this to come out and say "not cheating".

If I was an SEC fan I would not have a problem with paying recruits either, you guys never are investigated or punished with more than half a slap on the wrist.

If Cam Newton received $180k to play at AUBURN what the fuck do you think players are getting at Bama, LSU, Georgia, SC, A&M, Florida?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also I want tacos, but not these authentic mexican tacos, I want that shit you get from taco johns and their potato round things.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was an SEC fan I would not have a problem with paying recruits either, you guys never are investigated or punished with more than half a slap on the wrist.

If Cam Newton received $180k to play at AUBURN what the fuck do you think players are getting at Bama, LSU, Georgia, SC, A&M, Florida?

I would like to add I am certain that USC, Oregon, Stanford, Ohio and even my beloved Michigan pay players, but when we get caught we get post season suspensions. Auburn got probation? Oh, just googles it, they did not receive that.

Ohio got straponed for tattoos. So did USC. I hate them both but want it to be fair.