• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we breaking the faab bank for ford?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth I'm bidding $387 of a $500 budget on him, but I need running back help pretty bad in that league.

I think this is right for a team that needs a good RB.

if you don't have dire need, 30-50% to keep your league honest, if you have a need at RB, you need to be going at least 60-80% or you might have to wait a few more weeks for another cherry opportunity like this

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spy:

Card Game Poker GIF

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bid 35% on MR. Fairlane and 20% on Hunt. I got Hunt but lost on Fairlane cuz dude bid 100% on him....lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got #1 waivers in one league I'm in and I'm gonna pull the trigger on him (gonna try in others but I doubt I get him). He looked good and Cleveland is a run heavy team. They say he's gonna be the #1 back so I'm not too concerned about who else they bring in (unless they do pull off some big trade for Taylor). Not playing in any FAAB leagues this year, but I'd spend a good chunk on him. Every year there's always a small handful of players that you need to go after early on waivers/FAAB that will change the fantasy season outlook. Puka was one of those guys last week (I'm pissed I went for Flowers instead of him). Ford is probably gonna be another (Kyren Williams too if by chance he's still available in any leagues yall are in).

The first couple of weeks of every season is not the time to be super conservative. You need to be aggressive for guys now. After games 3 and 4 is usually when the fantasy dust settles a bit and you see who are performers and who isn't, but by then its too late to grab them.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll see how this goes with Hunt back in the fold in CLE, still think Ford is a player

CLE had Ford, Hunt, and D'Ernest Johnson in-house last season and they chose to only keep Ford. I'm hoping that is indicative of the workload he gets going forward

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like more info on Centerville RubNTug. They got a website?

Centreville IL is a small town next to East St Louis that has been known to have some shady and seedy establishments for decades now.
The names change on the buildings, but the goods and services available for sale remain the same on the inside.

A former detective use to own a couple of the clubs, I'm sure everything going on there was by the book.....

1695234220963.png

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have less than 400 yards with Chubb last year?
Not expecting much.
well yeah, but why would any sane coach decide to go to Hunt for anything more than the absolute bare minimum when Chubb was ripping off 1500 at 5 a clip? Dude only got like 7-8 touches a game.

I'm not saying I expect a ton from him either, but I certainly don't hold his usage last season as a negative indicator, not when Chubb was crushing it last year in front him.

Now his first ever sub 4 ypc, especially in relief of a big bruising back like Chubb, when generally its the opposite..the fresh back benefits from D's being beaten down by the big stud.. THAT is a point of concern

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was only available in one league I’m in.

And I spent that precious #1 waiver claim on him.

Whatever I can do, to not get relegated.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I expect a ton from him either, but I certainly don't hold his usage last season as a negative indicator,
I'm also basing this on the 2 or 3 visits to other teams in the off-season. We may not know what Hunt's asking price was, but the fact that no team was interested enough to sign him tells me more than his usage behind Chubb.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also basing this on the 2 or 3 visits to other teams in the off-season. We may not know what Hunt's asking price was, but the fact that no team was interested enough to sign him tells me more than his usage behind Chubb.
Just as much as money, I’ve assumed Hunt had a level of usage he was looking for.

Better to wait for an opportunity to present itself than settle for what could be a smaller role than he already had.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just as much as money, I’ve assumed Hunt had a level of usage he was looking for.

Better to wait for an opportunity to present itself than settle for what could be a smaller role than he already had.
Browns did let hunt and johnson
Walk in favor of ford