• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are These really The Best Officials The League has?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the kick return 2 big holds that weren't called.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still have yet to figure out how they awarded the ball back to Seattle when in the clear open Bowman was down by conct.
Its not like he was in a pile.He was in the wide open field of play.

And the running into the kicker penalty...The announcers harbaugh and everyone else knew the rule of the planted leg,why didn`t thee officials?

That was pathetic...........

That was the most egregious of a number of missed plays by the refs. Though itdidn't influence the outcome of the game because they fumbled on the next play, that miss was flat out embarrassing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and how do the refs not know that hitting the plant leg of the punter is a roughing call? And why can they not go back and eview that call and the Bowman call? If Harbaugh and everyone else tells them what happened it is downright criminal that they don't go back and look.

Based

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the officials had an agenda in this game. They were helping Seattle as mucha s they could. It seemed that Harbaugh knew the rules better than the officials did yesterday. The calls were a joke. I know there is the element of human error, but it happened way to much for it to just be human error. I'm a huge boxing fan and when I see questionable scorecards and questionable officiating by a ref, it all because of corruption and being biased. I think that's what we had here. Still the Hawks out played SF in the 4th, so they deserved the win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all ok NFL just apologized for the bad calls. Well it does shit now assholes. Fuck your sorry it means nothing.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I knew the refs were going to screw us. There has been so many bad calls this year. Whitner had like 5 unecessary roughness calls that should never have been called throughout the year and Brooks sack on Brees are just some of the bigger ones.

The officating is a complete joke.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were bad, but they didn't cost us the game. The horrible PF at the end of the half didn't matter. The missed fumble actually helped us (we ended up with the ball at the 18 instead of the 2). The only call that really hurt was the missed roughing the kicker. Even there, it wasn't intentional by the Hawks and really, at that point you're just asking for the refs to bail out a stalled drive which was our offense's fault.

The game, IMO, was lost on the last possession before and first possession after halftime. Two steaming piles of suck when we could've made it a two score game. IMO that would have just about won the game. Boldin dropped passes, Kap bad throws, OL inability to block, Kaps inability to go through his progressions -- all added up to letting them stay in the game. At that point, a loss seemed pretty likely even though we were "winning."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I think the Falcons would disagree...

AGreed. I've never heard a fan say "The refs really like us and give us all the calls" Its always the opposite. The point of this thread was not to say that the 49ers lost because of the officiating, they didn't. The point was the referees don't seem very good at their jobs and that needs to change.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were bad, but they didn't cost us the game. The horrible PF at the end of the half didn't matter. The missed fumble actually helped us (we ended up with the ball at the 18 instead of the 2). The only call that really hurt was the missed roughing the kicker. Even there, it wasn't intentional by the Hawks and really, at that point you're just asking for the refs to bail out a stalled drive which was our offense's fault.

The game, IMO, was lost on the last possession before and first possession after halftime. Two steaming piles of suck when we could've made it a two score game. IMO that would have just about won the game. Boldin dropped passes, Kap bad throws, OL inability to block, Kaps inability to go through his progressions -- all added up to letting them stay in the game. At that point, a loss seemed pretty likely even though we were "winning."

I am not saying the refs cost the game either, but that doesn't give them a pass. Just because they fumbled the ball the next play, doesn't mean they shouldn't have gotten the call right the first time when Bowman more than clearly had it. The roughing the kicker penalty... biggest one of the game. You aren't asking them to bail the team out, you are asking them to get the call right. Who cares if the Hawks did it on purpose or not... it was a penalty which should have been automatic first down. For the refs to not know the rule (when Harbaugh is clearly yelling it at them) is inexcusable.

Even if all things considered, the penalties and no calls etc evened out perfectly... you expect professionals in the biggest game of the year thus far, to know the rules and get the calls correct. It was a joke.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last Seattle TD was off the back of that botched penalty call. I see 7 points unwarranted but it still doesn't excuse Kaepernick's idiotic last play. He didn't even need to go to the endzone that early. They were imposing their will offensively on that last drive.

Yep. the 49ers need kaepernick to play well in order to win and when he collapsed in the 4th quarter it killed them. Two fumbles (one he kicked forward to Goodwin) and two INTs are too much to overcome. The Seahawks pretty much dominated the second half but we still could have won if our quarterback did not melt down in the 4th.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the "Failmary" and this game.. Seattle has been more than compensated for that Superbowl loss.

Only to be screwed out of another one more than likely. Trust me Manning's receivers will get those holding and interference calls that no one else every gets against the Seahawks.