• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are there any Josh Freeman fans left?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the raiders or Jacks should trade for him. he has talent and a Big arm.

So does Pryor and he wouldnt be an upgrade IMO. I think the cardinals struck out with C. Palmer and they should be a team that considers trading for him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Freeman - QB - Buccaneers

The Bucs are considering making Josh Freeman inactive for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

Freeman was demoted in favor of rookie Mike Glennon on Wednesday, but it sounds like he might not even be the No. 2 quarterback this week. If Freeman is inactive, Dan Orlovsky will serve as Glennon’s backup.
Source: Tampa Bay Times

Sep 27 - 11:38 AM

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Freeman - QB - Buccaneers

The Bucs are considering making Josh Freeman inactive for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

Freeman was demoted in favor of rookie Mike Glennon on Wednesday, but it sounds like he might not even be the No. 2 quarterback this week. If Freeman is inactive, Dan Orlovsky will serve as Glennon’s backup.
Source: Tampa Bay Times

Sep 27 - 11:38 AM

This tells me, if it happens, that Schiano is a defensive guy (even more than I already thought) - if it isn't for hesitancy to allow the off chance of Freeman coming in after a Glennon injury to prove himself, why not have the main backup be the guy with the experience and knowledge of the playbook (though Orlovsky knows it, too)? It seems like Schiano wants Glennon to work out or down with the ship. You have to do what's best for your team and having Freeman inactive when a rookie could get injured is not in the best interests. I'd understand letting Glennon play through rookie mistakes, but the best backup should be in, in case of injury. I'm not a fan of Freeman though, it's just I feel this is a similar feeling to Nolan to me, minus the lipservice support.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh just needs to shut up. I do think this is also a mistake by TB because I dont think their new QB isnt ready.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Josh Freeman WILL be a starter next season with a new team. The new coaching staff wanted to bring in their own guy plain and simple. Jacksonville, Oakland, Minnesota, Cleveland are all possible landing spots for him but he will be a starter next season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Pryor and he wouldnt be an upgrade IMO. I think the cardinals struck out with C. Palmer and they should be a team that considers trading for him.

I am a USC alum, but anyone who plays the "I'll just retire" card in negotiations and acts like he doesn't need the NFL or wants to play that much, I hope to have a mediocre to poor rest of career. It doesn't always work out that way, but that should be the last resort, as I want someone who is not only passionate about football but so much so that he wouldn't say that - now, I know that helps in negotiation and you have to do what you have to do, but I wish they had called him on his bluff. True, he'd get paid for nothing or just fined a lot, but come on - I know you saved your money but you don't want to play and don't like that you are stuck where you signed the extension? Then, you should wait or retire.

He ended up getting what he wanted, but having to play for the Raiders and Cardinals is punishment enough almost. What makes it funny is that the Bengals are now playing well and they now have a weapon in Green. (Not saying he hadn't held out, just saying). Doesn't make me root for the Bengals, but whatever success they have, good for them. Don't sign the contract and if you do and want out, just ask for the trade an accept it if the owner says no. I know NFL teams can leave contracts but players can't go freely, but that's what was collectively bargained. He can do what he wants and I understand that he did it the way he could to get out, but I have more reason to not want success than just a division rival. No, I don't wish for injury. It's not that big of deal.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Schiano is an idiot.

Freeman will be longer in the league than Schiano will be a head coach.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh just needs to shut up. I do think this is also a mistake by TB because I dont think their new QB isnt ready.

This is basically what ESPN says. He should do what Alex Smith and Kevin Kolb did after they were replaced. That's basically his best chance of getting a good situation later. He could pout and he might eventually get a starting job, but I don't think that it would necessarily be the best place for him to start. If he is cooperative and a teammate and professional he may end up being somewhere that is good for him. People can and will know that he wants to start without him pouting.

NFL Josh Freeman's next move? - ESPN

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
freeman is a waste of qb talent.

Why? He's shown promise every year he's been in the NFL, he's had pro bowl caliber years and last season threw for over 4,000 yards. The fact that his new HC didn't like him does not make him a waste of talent. He will certainly land on his feat.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a USC alum, but anyone who plays the "I'll just retire" card in negotiations and acts like he doesn't need the NFL or wants to play that much, I hope to have a mediocre to poor rest of career. It doesn't always work out that way, but that should be the last resort, as I want someone who is not only passionate about football but so much so that he wouldn't say that - now, I know that helps in negotiation and you have to do what you have to do, but I wish they had called him on his bluff. True, he'd get paid for nothing or just fined a lot, but come on - I know you saved your money but you don't want to play and don't like that you are stuck where you signed the extension? Then, you should wait or retire.

He ended up getting what he wanted, but having to play for the Raiders and Cardinals is punishment enough almost. What makes it funny is that the Bengals are now playing well and they now have a weapon in Green. (Not saying he hadn't held out, just saying). Doesn't make me root for the Bengals, but whatever success they have, good for them. Don't sign the contract and if you do and want out, just ask for the trade an accept it if the owner says no. I know NFL teams can leave contracts but players can't go freely, but that's what was collectively bargained. He can do what he wants and I understand that he did it the way he could to get out, but I have more reason to not want success than just a division rival. No, I don't wish for injury. It's not that big of deal.

:agree:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why? He's shown promise every year he's been in the NFL, he's had pro bowl caliber years and last season threw for over 4,000 yards. The fact that his new HC didn't like him does not make him a waste of talent. He will certainly land on his feat.

Dodub, you I think you would make a great ship captain because you absolutely never jump ship. Not even when it's 90% under water.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodub, you I think you would make a great ship captain because you absolutely never jump ship. Not even when it's 90% under water.

Why would I jump ship? It is your opinion that 90% of the ship is under water, you are entitled to your opinion but I disagree.

He's been successful in the NFL and only hit a hurdle in his career (a coach that wants his own guy). I just don't give up when faced with obstacles as some would and I imagine any player in the NFL would do the same. Again Freeman WILL be a starter next season for a new team, just watch.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Freeman right now as our backup. We might could at least then afford to let Kaep play like Kaep without fear of him getting hurt.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

???? Did you even read it?

Josh Freeman reportedly in stage one of NFL drug program

By Sander Philipse  @Sanderrp on Sep 30 2013, 7:35p 29

USA TODAY Sports

Stay connected

Josh Freeman is in the drug program, but has never tested positively for banned street-drugs.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Josh Freeman is in stage one of the NFL's drug program, but is not close to suspension. In stage one, players undergo more regular drug tests than usual. Players could be placed in the drug program for a number of reasons, including behavioral reasons, and the medical director determines the length of the stay.

According to ESPN, Freeman has not tested positive for any banned street-drugs and has not had any incidents that he could have faced suspension for. Freeman has a temporary use exemption for a prescription drug, per ESPN. It's not clear why, exactly, Freeman is in stage one of the drug program.

None of this is likely to affect Josh Freeman's trade value, which is pretty low anyway given his large contract and current bitter breakup with the Bucs. With Mike Glennon being the starting quarterback for the foreseeable future, the Bucs need to find a way to move on from Freeman.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Players could be placed in the drug program for a number of reasons, including behavioral reasons, and the medical director determines the length of the stay.

Even if that's what it is, Freeman isn't good enough to rick bringing more off-field crap to the team.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that's what it is, Freeman isn't good enough to rick bringing more off-field crap to the team.

What off the field crap has he had? He has had a terrible relationship with his coach and break up with his team. I don't really consider that off-field issues to be worried about as who ever his next team is will surely want him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What off the field crap has he had? He has had a terrible relationship with his coach and break up with his team. I don't really consider that off-field issues to be worried about as who ever his next team is will surely want him.

That might be the reason he's in the drug program. They don't just arbitrarily put a guy in those programs for no reason. Let's not be naïve about this.