• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Seahawks the luckiest team in NFL history?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ain't too swift, are you Sparky?

Tell me, who lost SB 49?

Then tell me when the Seattle organization put you on the payroll?

Those answers will clarify things in your feeble mind.

You're welcome :thumb:
I'd rather type "we" than" Seattle", "The Seahawks", "The Seattle Seahawks", or" the team". You know exactly what is meant yet must ask the sophomoric on when did one get hired.
I think it is childish point you make.
Oh, also I am not an official team spokesperson.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, saw an interview with Butler and he said Lockette gave up the slant route by planting his right foot heavily in the turn and Butler just beelined towards the slant and basically got to the spot at the same time... Lockette didn't sell it well at all ... Still though....#Q$^@#$^@#$^#!$^#!@ hand the ball to Lynch... lol ok I"m over it....

It was a heck of a play by Butler, that was good football IQ on his part. Should never have called that play, just too many defenders close to the line. Yep, hand it to Lynch and see if he could have made it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, to clarify your statement, NOT my statement. Seattle botched the last play of the SB, allowing NE to win.
Had RW converted that TD pass, Sea wins-NE losses.
Had Walsh made the FG Minny wins-Sea losses.
Meaning, Seattle was the better team in SB49? Is that correct, or am I spinning your words?

Well almost but this analogy falls a little short because it took Butler making a play

If it was the final offensive play of the game (4th down) and Wilson tossed an easy lob to a wide-open Lockette in the corner of the end zone and he dropped it, that would be analogous as would a 27 yard kick getting missed on the final play.

Even so, I wouldn't say about SB 49 that the better team won. I don't believe either team was clearly better nor was there a better team in the Hawks/Vikes game. One team simply came out on top. Again, that's just my opinion but this Sunday you guys were exactly like Pats fans before the Butler play. We fully expected to lose the game and it took the unexpected to win.

Same thing applies to Sunday's Hawks/Vikes game. Before the snap, you were all expecting to lose the game.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well almost but this analogy falls a little short because it took Butler making a play

If it was the final offensive play of the game (4th down) and Wilson tossed an easy lob to a wide-open Lockette in the corner of the end zone and he dropped it, that would be analogous as would a 27 yard kick getting missed on the final play.

Even so, I wouldn't say about SB 49 that the better team won. I don't believe either team was clearly better nor was there a better team in the Hawks/Vikes game. One team simply came out on top. Again, that's just my opinion but this Sunday you guys were exactly like Pats fans before the Butler play. We fully expected to lose the game and it took the unexpected to win.

Same thing applies to Sunday's Hawks/Vikes game. Before the snap, you were all expecting to lose the game.

Very Fair. I agree.

I just think the "Luck" word is used too often and easily.
Bottom line, Minny had their opportunities to score, and they couldn't. To say Seattle was Lucky, means that Minny was UnLucky. It is anything but that. There was zero 'unlucky' in that kick.
Did I think we were going to lose, not 100%, but close to that, like 85%. I did believe there was a chance.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to Brock and Salk last week, and they were talking about the KC game last year, where Lynch was stuffed in short yardage. Lynch had a lof of problems for 2 years plus now running in clear running situations.

Belichek isn't an idiot. They came out in a jumbo d designed to stop Lynch on that down and distance.

The right call WAS to throw. Or have Russ get to the edge.

Butler made a play.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to Brock and Salk last week, and they were talking about the KC game last year, where Lynch was stuffed in short yardage. Lynch had a lof of problems for 2 years plus now running in clear running situations.

Belichek isn't an idiot. They came out in a jumbo d designed to stop Lynch on that down and distance.

Butler made a play.

I have said that many times when people call the play the dumbest in history and should have giving Marshawn the ball. I believe he was like 1/6 on 3rd or 4th and 1 for the year and got stopped earlier on a 3rd and 1, and in fact got stopped this season in OT on 4th and 1. The way Marshawn runs, he needs to get a little space and then the way he turns his feet and zig zags tough to stop. not a N to S type of runner.

If Kam doesn't make that block, then Butler never makes that pick and Wilson makes that TD. Kam was equally as instrumental as Butler on that play

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They win by a missed gimme field goal last week and this week they almost come back and win because Carolina gave up their momentum and let their foot off the throttle.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They win by a missed gimme field goal last week and this week they almost come back and win because Caroline gave up their momentum and let their foot off the throttle.

If there was another dropped Onside kick then yes they're the luckiest team of all time.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Over the last few years, they've commonly won games where they were thoroughly outplayed but won due to 1 or 2 fluke plays and calls that went their way. Although my team, the Rams, have beaten them 3 of the last 4 and are 4-4 against them in the last 8, the Rams should have won more. For instance, in 2013, the Hawks beat the Rams 14-9 when the Hawks had only 7 first downs and 135 total yards and 80 of those yards were on 1 play. 55 yards for the entire game other than that 1 play. The Rams, meanwhile, playing with a backup QB, had 23 first downs and 339 total yards. The backup QB just couldn't get them in the endzone and the Hawks just won on a couple of fluke plays. Lucky is an understatement.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They win by a missed gimme field goal last week and this week they almost come back and win because Carolina gave up their momentum and let their foot off the throttle.

LOL...I love this logic. Carolina rattles off 31 unanswered points and it's talent and skill. Seattle nearly does the same thing and it's "oh, Carolina took their foot off the throttle..."

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butler made a play.

Agree. Pete got way too much crap for that. Lynch has actually been relatively poor in short yardage. It's up to the QB not to make the most horrible pass in SB history there and give them another down to get it done. But RW is a media darling, so it was blamed on pretty much everyone but him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Pete got way too much crap for that. Lynch has actually been relatively poor in short yardage. It's up to the QB not to make the most horrible pass in SB history there and give them another down to get it done. But RW is a media darling, so it was blamed on pretty much everyone but him.

Heh. Holy fvck. Why don't you just enjoy your team's run this year, and let Seattle leak from your enraged inflamed brain?

You started off pretty good.

The second couple of sentences are your usual bullshvt.

It was a slant pass. It was off by 8 inches. Butler guessed right, and backed it up with an otherworldly play.

Bad passes? Better hope Carson doesn't throw some of that junk he did against GB against Carolina.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Holy fvck. Why don't you just enjoy your team's run this year, and let Seattle leak from your enraged inflamed brain?

You started off pretty good.

The second couple of sentences are your usual bullshvt.

It was a slant pass. It was off by 8 inches. Butler guessed right, and backed it up with an otherworldly play.

Bad passes? Better hope Carson doesn't throw some of that junk he did against GB against Carolina.

Sure hope so. The Seahawks will have a front row seat in their living rooms to watch the action!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope so. The Seahawks will have a front row seat in their living rooms to watch the action!
Well can't go to the SB every year. In another week Cards might be sitting right beside the Seahawks on that coach.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well can't go to the SB every year. In another week Cards might be sitting right beside the Seahawks on that coach.

No worries. Nobody outside Seattle was concerned about that lol.

You may be right. Rather take longer to get there though. Carolina is a beast.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unlike you, I actually wish the Cards luck. I have a good friend who is inexplicably a Cards fan from back when they sucked. Do the division proud.

Get some joy from your own team, and concentrate less on the Seahawks.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike you, I actually wish the Cards luck. I have a good friend who is inexplicably a Cards fan from back when they sucked. Do the division proud.

Get some joy from your own team, and concentrate less on the Seahawks.

My wife is a Cardinals fan (Because of her dad) So the Cardinals better win or I get the couch and wont get to have any extra curricular activity in the bedroom for at least a week...

Also I will always be a Palmer fan because he was a big reason USC became relevant again in the early 2000s.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I love this logic. Carolina rattles off 31 unanswered points and it's talent and skill. Seattle nearly does the same thing and it's "oh, Carolina took their foot off the throttle..."

nothing I haven't heard many Seahawks fans spew over the years

When the Hawks win it's because of talent and heart
When the Hawks lose it's because they shot themselves in the foot and never because they were outplayed