• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Ravens the best 1-6 team in NFL History?

Are the Ravens the best 1-6 team in NFL History?

• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha haa!!

It only works for you if u dismiss the first 40 years of NE existence doesnt it?

Lol!! lets only count "Since Kraft purchased the Patriots" <------- lol!!!

40 years nothing!!! 0-2

pathetic:pound:

No, it just doesn't have anything to do with your comparison. You compare like items, otherwise it's meaningless.

You chose to cross compared because you know the Patriots have been better by far over the last roughly 20 years than the raisens have. It's that simple. The Patriots previous years mean absolutely nothing in comparison to the raisens 96 - present.

Here lets compare them another way.
Pats are 6-0 and in the hunt for the #1 seed for the post season.
raisens are 1-6 and are making golf tee times for January.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ur another one that just mad bc it took ur team a long long time to win it....

37 years for the Donks...I get why u r pissed.

:pound:
I'm not mad at all. Pointing out that the Ravens didn't start from scratch doesn't mean I'm mad, it just means I like to stick to the facts.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ur another one that just mad bc it took ur team a long long time to win it....

37 years for the Donks...I get why u r pissed.

They weren't newly formed. They simply changed names. All players and personnel contracts remained in place.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly for Ravens fans, nothing is about yesterday, it's about today and tomorrow. Tomorrow for the Ravens does not look as good as yesterday.

Tgann, your arguments about the Patriots being 0-2 for 40 years holds no water because you looking at any team's history you cannot be selective. It must be all or nothing. The reason you so hate the Patriots has nothing to do with their first 40 years, it has everything to do with the last 15. Worse, it could be for the next 15.

From 1960-2000 the Patriots played and lost 2 Super Bowls. From 2000-2014 they played in 6 and won 4 Super Bowls. They been to 3 times as many as the Ravens and won twice as many. You can't change the math. You've been screeching that the Patriots will become a shit pile when in fact the Ravens have become a shit pile.

Now you're screeching at the Broncos because they're 6-0 and will undoubtedly be a playoff team in 2015 while the Ravens will be a lottery picker. Peyton Manning is nearly forty years old and is having what may the worst season of an illustrious, Hall of Fame career and yet you continue to try to compare Joe Flacco to him at 30.
Peyton Manning has never had as many game ending INTs that killed his team as End Zone Joe.

So u consider "not" being selective only counting the years the Krafts have owned the Patriots?

which accounts for about 30% of the time since inception?

Ha haa nE fans really do run from their history...

No fair counting prior to the Krafts owning the franchise! red flag! lol!!!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So u consider "not" being selective only counting the years the Krafts have owned the Patriots?

No I counted the same years you did starting with 96, since those were the years you were using.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not mad at all. Pointing out that the Ravens didn't start from scratch doesn't mean I'm mad, it just means I like to stick to the facts.
I like to stick to the facts as well...

2-5 in Super Bowl appearances. lol!!!
37 years prior to the first SB victory and 4 SB losses before the first victory.

facts.

Ravens 2-0 in Super Bowl.

How does it feel to lose so many? ur a joke. :pound:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are hard for tgann
facts arent feelings.

40 years with no SB wins is a fact. 4-4 to date for a 55 year old franchise... lol

Ravens 2-0

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

37 years prior to the first SB victory and 4 SB losses before the first victory.

facts.

Doesn't feel like anything because it doesn't make any sense.

Since the Ravens came to be known as the Ravens. the Patriots are far more dominant in that same time span. The Ravens were not a startup so they get no exception for having to start out as a new team.

Try sticking to actual facts, you won't look so stupid on a daily basis.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
facts arent feelings.

40 years with no SB wins is a fact. 4-4 to date for a 55 year old franchise... lol

Ravens 2-0

What's creepy is you actually think that would bother someone somehow when in fact it doesn't.

The Patriots history won't change the fact that you were wrong in your prediction of the Ravens, and that the Ravens were overrated last year, and a complete joke this year. As others, including myself tried to tell you before the season started.

Now you looke like the fool that you are.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't feel like anything because it doesn't make any sense.

Since the Ravens came to be known as the Ravens. the Patriots are far more dominant in that same time span. The Ravens were not a startup so they get no exception for having to start out as a new team.

Try sticking to actual facts, you won't look so stupid on a daily basis.

U mean if you gift the Gaytriots a 36 year headstart?

and discount the first 40 year of losing correct?

right?

then it works for you?

I see what u r trying to do and failing miserably as usual. :pound:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

facts.

Losing the Super Bowl sucks. Getting there is pretty sweet though. And I'd rather relive 2013, including the Super Bowl loss, than go through a season like 2010 again (look it up, but it's kind of like what the Ravens are going through right now).

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.....nothing to be ashamed of losing a SB........and 8-Appearances to boot,.....I'm sure Detroit would love to go to a SB, someday....vs. buying tix....!?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's creepy is you actually think that would bother someone somehow when in fact it doesn't.

The Patriots history won't change the fact that you were wrong in your prediction of the Ravens, and that the Ravens were overrated last year, and a complete joke this year. As others, including myself tried to tell you before the season started.

Now you looke like the fool that you are.

and hence...the inevitable deflection away from the patriots first 40 years to the Ravens bc u cant hide from the facts...again...

lol...... nE was a laughing stock for 40 years...thats a long fkng time... lol!!!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens were not a startup so they get no exception for having to start out as a new team.

Just to be clear...the Jaguars and Panthers both came into the league in a much better position to succeed immediately than the Ravens were in when they came to Baltimore.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing the Super Bowl sucks. Getting there is pretty sweet though. And I'd rather relive 2013, including the Super Bowl loss, than go through a season like 2010 again (look it up, but it's kind of like what the Ravens are going through right now).
getting there and getting freight trained?

lol!!! embarrassed on the global level!!! lol!!!:pound:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....nothing to be ashamed of losing a SB........and 8-Appearances to boot,.....Detroit would love to go to a SB, someday.

Ha haaa!!!

that how u deal with it?

More participation awards! well ur team is 4-4 in SB's...pretty average for a 56 yr old franchise given the Ravens are 2-0 in the first 20 years.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no..

ur team was destroyed. embarrassed. and u found out ur QB is a has been....

Peyton has no chance in the playoffs,,cant stretch the field...January will be miserable for you here.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no..

ur team was destroyed. embarrassed. and u found out ur QB is a has been....

Peyton has no chance in the playoffs,,cant stretch the field...January will be miserable for you here.

But at least we'll be playing football in January, unlike the Ravens who will be hitting the golf course.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same roster? The only person that came over from the Browns was Matt Stover.

The Browns franchise stats are never mentioned with the Ravens read the second paragraph:
Baltimore Ravens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is why you Ravens fans make it so hard to take you seriously when you don't even know your own team. I mean this is a pretty simple search.

QB position from 1995 team and 1996 team

Vinny Testaverde and Eric Zeier--Same for both teams

RB

Players that are the same

Earnest Byner, Leroy Hoard, EArnest Hunter

WR/TE

Derrick Alexander, Michael Jackson, Frank Hartley, Brian Kinchen, Harold Bishop

OL

Herman Arvie, Orlando Brown, Steve Everitt, Tony Jones, Wally Williams

Do I really need to go on or have you caught on that the team actually moved and it wasn't just a complete reset?

I mean you can use the excuse of "Well Cleveland got to keep their history" all you want but this was the same team that moved over. Just because they have a different name as a team doesn't mean it was actually a different team.