• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Lions looking to go 0-17?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood's and Quinn are doin' a GREAT job for the Ford Family. The Ford family would be liars if they said otherwise. It's only week two of the preseason and the NFL Network cut off the last seven minutes of the Lions - Steelers game. WOW, the Lions...

Mother Changes Dirty Diaper To Little Baby At Home Mom changing stinky diaper to her little daughter on table, holding the diaper far from her with one hand. She touches her nose and does a grimace for disgust. Wide shot, low angle dirty diaper stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaaaaaaaaaayBeeeeeee

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lions doing a complete reset was obvious well before the preseason. Not shocked that they have done that part well. It's the next part that you have to doubt

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions will win a few games. It will really depend on Goff. 2-6 wins depending on how well he plays. I am leaning toward the former though.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care if they do. They aren't going to be good this season, and a high pick in the draft will be ideal.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care if they do. They aren't going to be good this season, and a high pick in the draft will be ideal.
With the Ford Family ownership it's always been maybe "Next Year." An endless cycle of mediocracy and stealing from the Fan Base.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Ford Family ownership it's always been maybe "Next Year." An endless cycle of mediocracy and stealing from the Fan Base.

Don't disagree. I gave up expecting anything out of the Lions decades ago. But I will say this, I like the Holmes hiring (Campbell, I'm kinda meh) and there is simply no way to get around it taking a couple of years to retool after Quintricia decimated this roster. Your 3rd overall pick from last season looks like a complete bust, not to mention every 2nd rounder that Quinn picked. There isn't a lot of talent, it will take time. And, frankly, being as bad as possible this year will help.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the Lions are going to look like this year...
1. An offense that needs to outscore our defense?
2. A defense that shows up without an offense?

there is simply no way to get around it taking a couple of years to retool after Quintricia decimated this roster.
In the past 20 years the Organization has gone through 6 head coaches and 2 interim HC's. Rebuilding and/or a different philosophy and scheme/system.
There isn't a lot of talent, it will take time.
That right there seems to be the Ford Family game plan.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 3rd overall pick from last season looks like a complete bust,

too early to state this, imo. Yes, he's had a rough 1st year but so do the majority of rookie and even 2nd year CB. There is one CB from the 2020 draft that stood out for the entire year or even 1/2 the year. It's the most difficult defensive position to transition to coming from CFB.

I understand your thought process though I think there exist too many other variables as to why he was so bad.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stuck Hazen Audel GIF - Stuck Hazen Audel How To Survive Quicksand GIFs

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too early to state this, imo. Yes, he's had a rough 1st year but so do the majority of rookie and even 2nd year CB. There is one CB from the 2020 draft that stood out for the entire year or even 1/2 the year. It's the most difficult defensive position to transition to coming from CFB.

I understand your thought process though I think there exist too many other variables as to why he was so bad.

Sure, and that is why I would never take a CB that high. It's a waste of a pick. If you take a CB in the top 5, they have to be hall of fame material. Anything else is a bust for the resource utilized. There are several positions I would never take in the top 10 (obviously excluding kickers and punters): CB, S, WR, RB, LB, C, TE. Many of those I wouldn't bother with in the first round at all to be honest.

That said, I've seen nothing that gives me any hope that JO is anything other than a zone CB or a nickel back. You can't waste a 3rd overall on that.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the Lions are going to look like this year...
1. An offense that needs to outscore our defense?
2. A defense that shows up without an offense?

In the past 20 years the Organization has gone through 6 head coaches and 2 interim HC's. Rebuilding and/or a different philosophy and scheme/system.

That right there seems to be the Ford Family game plan.

I won't tell you to think otherwise, history is on your side. And I don't know that this latest regime will be successful, they just are more in the mold of what I was hoping for.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I've seen nothing that gives me any hope that JO is anything other than a zone CB or a nickel back. You can't waste a 3rd overall on that.

It's quite possible you could end up being correct with this statement.
I hope not but @broncosmitty tried to warn me regarding Okudah and at this time, you both stand being correct.

If you take a CB in the top 5, they have to be hall of fame material.

agree here, but it's damn near inconceivable to truly know whether any of these players, no matter their position, will become HOF players.

The only CB's taken in the 1st round over the last dozen years that "might currently qualify as HOF" are most likely Patrick Peterson and maybe Joe Haden and Stephon Gilmore. The first two were 5th and 7th overall, i think, but I see your rationale.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite possible you could end up being correct with this statement.
I hope not but @broncosmitty tried to warn me regarding Okudah and at this time, you both stand being correct.

agree here, but it's damn near inconceivable to truly know whether any of these players, no matter their position, will become HOF players.

The only CB's taken in the 1st round over the last dozen years that "might currently qualify as HOF" are most likely Patrick Peterson and maybe Joe Haden and Stephon Gilmore. The first two were 5th and 7th overall, i think, but I see your rationale.
I hold nothing against him though. He didn’t draft himself 3rd after facing maybe 3-4 NFL caliber receivers.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hold nothing against him though. He didn’t draft himself 3rd after facing maybe 3-4 NFL caliber receivers.

I blame Jim Harbaugh. If Harbaugh would have a decent game plan against Ohio State, we could maybe see the flaws in all the Buckeyes.

:behindsofa::rofl::peep:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEC WR :cheer2: would've given him some competition

I would've loved to see tTeam from South of you join the SEC over either one of Sooner's or Longhorn's
Just to see how they'd fare
They have very little competition standing in their way when it comes to tBG10 and football outside of the occasional - look ahead snafu

but now you have this possibility

The Big Ten, ACC and Pac-12 on Tuesday announced an alliance that ultimately aims to "stabilize a volatile environment" throughout college athletics by collaborating on weighty issues facing the industry and agreeing to create a future scheduling partnership.

The scheduling component for football and women's and men's basketball "will begin as soon as practical while honoring current contractual obligations," but the decision-makers involved said the alliance was not driven by revenue.

While there is no contractual agreement between the three leagues as far as it relates to the alliance -- and nothing in writing that prevents them from poaching each other's teams -- the message conveyed Tuesday was that the creation of the partnership lessens any incentive for that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH OH, @broncosmitty might want to pull all of his

R.cfa014c92f8c662822a38b3aa819a64a

together

so Mao Mao can live the life he deserves

Like drinking Voss Water and eating Black Pearl Ossetra Sturgeon Caviar

Either Detroit Lions fans have a huge share of the gambling market, or there are a lot of sports bettors hoping to cash in on long-shot odds.

Because according to sports business reporter Darren Rovell, no team has received more bets at BetMGM to make the playoffs in 2021 than the Detroit Lions.

At the time of this publication, the Lions currently have +700 odds to make the postseason, which means a $100 bet would yield a $700 profit if the bettor wins the wager. Only the Houston Texans have longer odds, with a current potential payout of +900.

The general thought on the 2021 Detroit Lions is that they will be in contention for the first overall pick this year. The over/under for 2021 wins is set between four and six, depending on which betting site you look at. Just a few weeks ago, it was reported that the Lions were the team receiving the most “over” bets at five wins. Of the money bet on the Lions’ win total at BetMGM, 84 percent was on the over. But here’s the twist: 90 percent of those bets came from the state of Michigan.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH OH, @broncosmitty might want to pull all of his

R.cfa014c92f8c662822a38b3aa819a64a

together

so Mao Mao can live the life he deserves

Like drinking Voss Water and eating Black Pearl Ossetra Sturgeon Caviar

Either Detroit Lions fans have a huge share of the gambling market, or there are a lot of sports bettors hoping to cash in on long-shot odds.

Because according to sports business reporter Darren Rovell, no team has received more bets at BetMGM to make the playoffs in 2021 than the Detroit Lions.

At the time of this publication, the Lions currently have +700 odds to make the postseason, which means a $100 bet would yield a $700 profit if the bettor wins the wager. Only the Houston Texans have longer odds, with a current potential payout of +900.

The general thought on the 2021 Detroit Lions is that they will be in contention for the first overall pick this year. The over/under for 2021 wins is set between four and six, depending on which betting site you look at. Just a few weeks ago, it was reported that the Lions were the team receiving the most “over” bets at five wins. Of the money bet on the Lions’ win total at BetMGM, 84 percent was on the over. But here’s the twist: 90 percent of those bets came from the state of Michigan.
Never mind making the playoffs, I don’t see how this team doesn’t finish last in the division.

Online sports gambling is going to be very, very bad for some hardcore fans.

I like our hopes of being decent by 2023 though. Three drafts removed from BQ should be enough. One isn’t. This defense is still gonna have a hard time. Even if I’m pumped for Barnes.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind making the playoffs, I don’t see how this team doesn’t finish last in the division.
The NFL Network cut the last 7 minutes of the Lions/Steelers game during a PRE-SEASON game. Week 3 is set for.... :drum:roll.... 4:30 AM EST Saturday.

I would not be upset if the Lions won the Super Bowl while Matthew Stafford got to watch from afar!!!

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse, someone like the desperate and clueless Dan Snyder could own the team, this is a guy who has even fumbled away his team mascot after vowing to stand firm against the virtue signalers.