• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Lions looking to go 0-17?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already traded Stafford for nothing currently and let Golladay walk for free. Just cut some MF'ers that cost money and sign some street FA that's happy to work for the minimum. Don't mortgage whatever future you're trying to rebuild towards in order to make the 2021 slightly less bad.

They didn't have the money to cut anyone who could give them any decent money to work with.

Golladay didn't walk for free. Golladay will give them the first 3rd round comp pick and No One Team would've worked a sign and trade for Golladay once Holmes and company came on board.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's anybody worth the pick, you need a QB eventually. It just doesn't feel like there is anybody currently.

Yes, eventually we do need a QB, but that defense needs to be shored up and a couple of WR drafted and a years experience in the league before drafting a QB.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, eventually we do need a QB, but that defense needs to be shored up and a couple of WR drafted and a years experience in the league before drafting a QB.
I like the idea others have had with Bailey Zappe, but I think he could be had in a later round. I am not sure he ever becomes a top level starter, but he is worth a shot.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any thoughts on Thibedeaux at this point? He's definitely filling up the stat sheet, and seems to be the current #1 darling. But the words of caution from Onwuzurike's scouting reports, that the PAC12 is weak opposition to judge on, gives me a bit of pause. And Levi certainly hasn't done much so far.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea others have had with Bailey Zappe, but I think he could be had in a later round. I am not sure he ever becomes a top level starter, but he is worth a shot.

mediocre arm strength but he does possess pinpoint accuracy on short to intermediate routes and even throwing on the run in those situations

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on Thibedeaux at this point? He's definitely filling up the stat sheet, and seems to be the current #1 darling. But the words of caution from Onwuzurike's scouting reports, that the PAC12 is weak opposition to judge on, gives me a bit of pause. And Levi certainly hasn't done much so far.

Arguably the most explosive burst and first step of any of the edge rushers.
Athletically gifted
The type of build you're looking for in and edge rusher/defender
He still has a ways to go for tools in his box as a "pass rusher". He wins mostly off of pure speed.
There's 2 decent LT's in the Pac 12 in Washington's Kirkland (Aidan Hutchinson burned him alone for 2.5 sacks this year in their meeting and then the LT from UCLA (Rhyan) is suppose to be good. I didn't watch that game last weekend, yet.

I've yet to see the dominant or even good run defender you'd expect from him.
I've never seen him drop into coverage, but I haven't watched every single game of his either

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aidan Hutchinson isn't anywhere near as gifted as Thibs but his technique as a pass rusher and run defender is better at this time, imo. Hutchinson's motor is greater than that of Thibs but I highly doubt the former will ever be that 10+ sack artist every year in the NFL. Maybe.

I don't believe that Thibs is the best all-around edge rusher, edge defender and one who can drop into coverage out in the flat. I'd give that nomination to Bama's true sophomore, Will Anderson, with right below him having Sooner's edge rusher/defender Nik Bonitto.

All just my opinion.

Thibs arguably has the highest ceiling of any draft eligible OLB/Edge player (speed, athletic ability, physique,) this year but Hutchinson's floor, to me, is much higher than Thibs.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After today's game this is starting to look like a pretty good bet. I didn't think that it was until about an hour ago.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have the money to cut anyone who could give them any decent money to work with.

Golladay didn't walk for free. Golladay will give them the first 3rd round comp pick and No One Team would've worked a sign and trade for Golladay once Holmes and company came on board.
Golladay is a good player but he wont see the end of too many seasons. A third is good enough for him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a middle round pick. Anything before that is reaching.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mediocre arm strength but he does possess pinpoint accuracy on short to intermediate routes and even throwing on the run in those situations
That is what everyone said about Drew Brees.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After today's game this is starting to look like a pretty good bet. I didn't think that it was until about an hour ago.
You can't expect good things from the Lions when they get rid of their Playmakers and Pro Bowlers for lesser talent. The writing on the wall has been there.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't expect good things from the Lions when they get rid of their Playmakers and Pro Bowlers for lesser talent. The writing on the wall has been there.

I wasn't expecting good things, but I hadn't been expecting them to lose them all either.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting good things, but I hadn't been expecting them to lose them all either.
I've seen a couple of post on here for chances of winning a game... they were Eagles, Vikings and Falcons, but as luck would have it there's one more chance in week 18 against the Packers if they don't really need the win. On a side note... the more the team plays together the chances get better for an upset somewhere.

The Lions are an upset team... other fan bases get upset when the Lions win, I get upset when they lose. :D

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap... the Lions can't out due their 0-16 record with 0-17.