• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the lightning a contender ?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are contenders for sure. A solid group of forwards, a much improved and stabilised defense and a solid goaltending duo. We are young but extremely talented and deep in my opinion. The east is wide open for the taking and I can't see why this team can't represent the East in the Stanely Cup Finals and dare I say it, win it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had this optimism before but never to this extent. I believe Stevie has put together a winner.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the defense IMO.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the defense IMO.

I really like our defense with Hedman, Stralman, Garrison, Carle, Brewer and Gudas as your 6 regulars with two young NHLers with Barberio and Sustr as extras, I can't remember when we had a defense that good and that deep. It's probably a better D than the one that we had in 04.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like our defense with Hedman, Stralman, Garrison, Carle, Brewer and Gudas as your 6 regulars with two young NHLers with Barberio and Sustr as extras, I can't remember when we had a defense that good and that deep. It's probably a better D than the one that we had in 04.

I think they have good dmen but the defense of the forwards also matters. I think they're for sure contenders but defense was the question last year, I'm interested in knowing how it will perform next season. Good luck regardless.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big question is can we compete with boston and the penguins! I think we got better while the penguins and bruins did not improve really.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big question is can we compete with boston and the penguins! I think we got better while the penguins and bruins did not improve really.

Pretty sure everyone will be able to compete with the Penguins this year. I pick the Rangers, Flyers, Blue Jackets, Devils, & Capitals to all finish ahead of us in the division. Maybe even the Hurricanes and Islanders as well.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure everyone will be able to compete with the Penguins this year. I pick the Rangers, Flyers, Blue Jackets, Devils, & Capitals to all finish ahead of us in the division. Maybe even the Hurricanes and Islanders as well.

I don't think you guys are that bad doobee I still say you finish first in that division. As for two way forwards Johnson palat and Callahan are very good two way forwards. Stamkos is coming into to his own on two way hockey! Is this the year steven stamkos overtakes Crosby as the best player in the game ? Can stamkos score 60 next year ?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobee just wants Connor mcdavid it sounds like you guys got steve dowine you are fine!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you guys are that bad doobee I still say you finish first in that division. As for two way forwards Johnson palat and Callahan are very good two way forwards. Stamkos is coming into to his own on two way hockey! Is this the year steven stamkos overtakes Crosby as the best player in the game ? Can stamkos score 60 next year ?

True, a lot of good 2 way play, on paper I won't deny the Bolts look solid this upcoming season.

:suds:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to bet that the Bolts bought a Cup just like the 1997 Marlins did. The question will be, can they hold the team together? Or will they end up like the Marlins? I can't wait for the season to start! What a team the Bolts have now! Stevie Y must have not felt good during the draft & trade season because he actually addressed the D!!!!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to bet that the Bolts bought a Cup just like the 1997 Marlins did. The question will be, can they hold the team together? Or will they end up like the Marlins? I can't wait for the season to start! What a team the Bolts have now! Stevie Y must have not felt good during the draft & trade season because he actually addressed the D!!!!!!

True IShall, D has been addressed it's really about the system now.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True IShall, D has been addressed it's really about the system now.

I totally agree 150% Doobster! They need to implement a D system that doesn't lose out to offensive/defense but they really need to have a D that plays more stay at home instead of always being caught with their pants around their ankles! I'm old & a warrior, I still believe in the old school hard nose defense that has at least 1 D-man staying at home & checking the opposition off the puck. Closing out the opposition along the boards. I'm a hard nose D lover! Get mean, get nasty but don't take stupid penalties & limit the SOG for your net-minder period!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree 150% Doobster! They need to implement a D system that doesn't lose out to offensive/defense but they really need to have a D that plays more stay at home instead of always being caught with their pants around their ankles! I'm old & a warrior, I still believe in the old school hard nose defense that has at least 1 D-man staying at home & checking the opposition off the puck. Closing out the opposition along the boards. I'm a hard nose D lover! Get mean, get nasty but don't take stupid penalties & limit the SOG for your net-minder period!

:agree:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the system will be fine cooper and rick bowness have more to work with this season on defense. smart moves keeping callahan getting brian boyle should give us some more grit up front. Tampa bay is a legit top 3 team in the east! now are we better then the ducks ? LA ? Blackhawks ? not yet! but we can compete with boston now! I think the east belongs to boston or Tampa Bay this season! if bishop maintains what he did plays the same as last season everyone in the east should be scared of tampa bay!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the system will be fine cooper and rick bowness have more to work with this season on defense. smart moves keeping callahan getting brian boyle should give us some more grit up front. Tampa bay is a legit top 3 team in the east! now are we better then the ducks ? LA ? Blackhawks ? not yet! but we can compete with boston now! I think the east belongs to boston or Tampa Bay this season! if bishop maintains what he did plays the same as last season everyone in the east should be scared of tampa bay!

Don't forget the Canadiens & Rangers. Not trying to troll you guys but the Eastern Conference is still deeper than the Bruins & Lightning IMO. Even the Atlantic is deeper than the Bruins & Lightning if you think about it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead & bash my Pens BTW, I'll admit they'll suck next season. I just don't think the Eastern Conference will be as weak as people say.