• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jags

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure lack of execution was certainly part of it... But 2 safety deep wasn't helping Kam much, look at the drop off in covering TE... WTF happened ? Kam was sitting back in cover 2 and that's not what he does... It was causing some confusion and actually made Earl pretty ticked off ... He wanted to say more but he bite his tongue... Check out this video and write up it's pretty good ...

Seahawks were in two different coverages on Greg Olsen touchdown play

Again, the problem here is execution, not scheme.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure lack of execution was certainly part of it... But 2 safety deep wasn't helping Kam much, look at the drop off in covering TE... WTF happened ? Kam was sitting back in cover 2 and that's not what he does... It was causing some confusion and actually made Earl pretty ticked off ... He wanted to say more but he bite his tongue... Check out this video and write up it's pretty good ...

Seahawks were in two different coverages on Greg Olsen touchdown play

That's just 1 play out of 1100 or so that the defense ran.

And Kam wasn't even the problem on that play, Thomas was. Kam was the intended deep safety there, which isn't that unusual in ther c-1 and c-3, usually it's Thomas, but sometimes it's Kam. Kam was doing something on that play that he had done lots of times, Thomas started the play out of position and it threw off Sherman.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the problem here is execution, not scheme.

Yes it was bad execution, but that doesn't change the fact that we were running more cover 2 ... lol I"m not gonna beat a dead horse anymore...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make this easy.... Remember when we blew that coverage vs Carolina ? TE uncovered for the game winner,... Richards called a cover 2, some of the Seattle players ran a cover 3 .... And I don't care if you don't believe me, I have eyes, I see ...

From Cover 0 to Cover 4, in images.
So you're telling me that this one play (and it really doesnt even matter if there are lots more) where there was confusion is proof that we were running a different defensive scheme under Richard than in previous seasons? Despite the players themselves claiming that the scheme has not changed? This is JV level logic, man.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me that this one play (and it really doesnt even matter if there are lots more) where there was confusion is proof that we were running a different defensive scheme under Richard than in previous seasons? Despite the players themselves claiming that the scheme has not changed? This is JV level logic, man.

No, not this one play... This was just an example ... He was running way more cover 2 in general, this was just an example... Anyway, you can dispute the video evidence all you want, proof is proof, Cover 2 or cover 3 is pretty obvious

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there were more issues with the defense this year than whether Richard tinkered with the scheme or not. The obvious one being that Cary Williams simply didn't fit with how they do things in the secondary and it took too long for the coaching staff to consider it a lost cause and do something about it. Another big one was Chancellor's holdout. He wasn't the same player this year at all once he came back and this defense just doesn't work as well when Kam isn't Kam. Thomas came back too soon from his injury and wasn't the same player either. The same could be said of Sherman to a lesser extent. Not having Lane available for a big chunk of the year also contributed to the defense's issues.

If, for the sake of argument, Richard did mess around with the defensive scheme too much, I think the issues listed above may have had something to do with it. I think Carroll's too involved on that side of the ball to let his defensive coordinator mess with what works unless there was a legitimate reason or reasons for doing so. I think there's a reason why he keeps going in-house to find defensive coordinators and having someone in there who he knows isn't going to just do his own thing is that reason. I'm not a big x's and o's guy, so I honestly wouldn't have noticed if Richard had messed with the scheme too much, but I just can't see Carroll letting it happen unless there was a legitimate reason for it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not this one play... This was just an example ... He was running way more cover 2 in general, this was just an example... Anyway, you can dispute the video evidence all you want, proof is proof, Cover 2 or cover 3 is pretty obvious
Proof is proof? Well then, I think this argument has culminated. I'm just not prepared to elevate my game to such a level.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just from my end or is the Seahawks message board out of alignment?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just from my end or is the Seahawks message board out of alignment?

Yeah. I'm getting it on random folders but not all of them. I posted something on the member forum this morning and so far no response.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a smart move by the Jags.

3 years ago they were severely deficient in talent. That took 2 years to rectify.

Their roster is in much better shape now but still has holes. At least they have a QB now.

This last year they should have had better results but they were basically in every game. The coaches now have one year and no more excuses. .500 or better in the AFCS or the staff is fired but at least they would now be an attractive destination as opposed to previous years.