• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Jags

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our of their effin minds ? They signed Bradley for another year... HOW many chances does this guy get ? He's not head coaching material PERIOD .... I didn't like him as our D coordinator either, I think he was just fortunate to have a stacked roster, but he did everything he could to screw that up as well ..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our of their effin minds ? They signed Bradley for another year... HOW many chances does this guy get ? He's not head coaching material PERIOD .... I didn't like him as our D coordinator either, I think he was just fortunate to have a stacked roster, but he did everything he could to screw that up as well ..

Boogie you really carry a grudge. I don't think he was all that bad as DC myself, but I know most others will disagree here.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie you really carry a grudge. I don't think he was all that bad as DC myself, but I know most others will disagree here.

I think my grudge came after that Atlanta playoff loss when he was just smiling on the sideline like the loss didn't matter at all... Also the Chicago playoff loss where he sat back in a zone bubble all game long making no adjustments allowing effin Jay Cutler to pick us apart all day long ... Even the Seahawks players openly spouted there frustration after that game... I think the guy gets a free pass, and it does bug me, better coaches lose there jobs after 1 bad year let alone 3 bad years ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my grudge came after that Atlanta playoff loss when he was just smiling on the sideline like the loss didn't matter at all... Also the Chicago playoff loss where he sat back in a zone bubble all game long making no adjustments allowing effin Jay Cutler to pick us apart all day long ... Even the Seahawks players openly spouted there frustration after that game... I think the guy gets a free pass, and it does bug me, better coaches lose there jobs after 1 bad year let alone 3 bad years ...

:suds: I'd debate your opinion, but I'd just be spitting into the wind.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think losing Fowler earned him that extra year.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches know which other coaches can coach. They see it.
We on the outside only have opinion.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches know which other coaches can coach. They see it.
We on the outside only have opinion.

Results aren't an opinion though... This league ends up being about wins or losses ... Anything else ends up not meaning a dam thing ...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Results aren't an opinion though... This league ends up being about wins or losses ... Anything else ends up not meaning a dam thing ...

I'm not disagreeing Stu. I just think that the other coaches know best. Now, if they tell the truth when talking to the public, that's another question.

Meaning, what we hear from other coaches, probably means little. What other coaches think means way more.
How do you REALLY extract that info, that is the GM's job.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing Stu. I just think that the other coaches know best. Now, if they tell the truth when talking to the public, that's another question.

Meaning, what we hear from other coaches, probably means little. What other coaches think means way more.
How do you REALLY extract that info, that is the GM's job.

I hear ya man ....

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As coach:
Take THIS ^^^^^^ guy as an example.

Granted, the last line gives it away, but who had RR picked as the next great HC.
Right NOW, it appears to be a GREAT call. Congrats to the Panthers.

This is what makes teams GREAT, finding that guy.

This applies to ALL coaches.

Are guys like Holmgren and Reid great coaches? or surrounded by great coaches?????

Interesting Question.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wouldn't hold true if you were the coach in Cleveland for the Cavs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart franchises are beginning to change their philosophy a bit... The franchises that fire their coaches every 2 years or so, usually don't dig themselves out of a hole for years... Franchises that 'stick' with their guy for 4 plus years or so, usually end up having a sustainable, competitive team for a while... Not in all cases, but most cases...

For example, what if the skins' continued w/ their recent tradition of firing HC's every few years or so? Skins fan's were asking for Gruden's head on a silver platter last season... They wanted him fired... Good thing they stuck w/ him because it turns out he's turning the franchise around...

Coughlin is another example... Fans, mainly Tiki Barber was asking for his firing in '06 after losing 6 of their last 7 games of the season... See, Coughlin was out of coaching in '14 and inherited a 2-14 team in '05... That year, the Giants went 11-5 with '06 having huge expectations but the Giants went 1-6 down the stretch with J. Shockey coming out saying that, "We're getting outcoached in every game" along with Tiki criticizing Coughlin and his play calling... Good thing the Giants didn't give up on the guy...

Who knows what will happen in Jax but Jax was definitely a lot more competitive this year than they have been in years... They have a great nucleus to work w/ along w/ a great young group of players that can help turn this franchise around... Why mess that up right now by switching to another HC/Staff, while slowing the learning curve down a bit more for these young guys?

I personally feel this was a smart decision from the Jags to extend... Seems like they're learning from their past mistakes because they have been one of those teams that has been very quick on pulling the trigger on their HC's lately... Gus Bradley has been their 4th HC since 2011...

Just my two cents...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart franchises are beginning to change their philosophy a bit... The franchises that fire their coaches every 2 years or so, usually don't dig themselves out of a hole for years... Franchises that 'stick' with their guy for 4 plus years or so, usually end up having a sustainable, competitive team for a while... Not in all cases, but most cases...

For example, what if the skins' continued w/ their recent tradition of firing HC's every few years or so? Skins fan's were asking for Gruden's head on a silver platter last season... They wanted him fired... Good thing they stuck w/ him because it turns out he's turning the franchise around...

Coughlin is another example... Fans, mainly Tiki Barber was asking for his firing in '06 after losing 6 of their last 7 games of the season... See, Coughlin was out of coaching in '14 and inherited a 2-14 team in '05... That year, the Giants went 11-5 with '06 having huge expectations but the Giants went 1-6 down the stretch with J. Shockey coming out saying that, "We're getting outcoached in every game" along with Tiki criticizing Coughlin and his play calling... Good thing the Giants didn't give up on the guy...

Who knows what will happen in Jax but Jax was definitely a lot more competitive this year than they have been in years... They have a great nucleus to work w/ along w/ a great young group of players that can help turn this franchise around... Why mess that up right now by switching to another HC/Staff, while slowing the learning curve down a bit more for these young guys?

I personally feel this was a smart decision from the Jags to extend... Seems like they're learning from their past mistakes because they have been one of those teams that has been very quick on pulling the trigger on their HC's lately... Gus Bradley has been their 4th HC since 2011...

Just my two cents...
The Mariners do this as well. Fire a coach every couple years and wonder why the team just can't become competitive like it was during the Piniella years.

But to a degree it's a chicken & egg argument. Does the frequent hiring & firing of coaches cause the losing, or is the losing causing coaches to be fired?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my two cents...

Big difference is this... Bradley can't coach .... I would put money on it right now that they end the season at sub .500 again next year.... 4-12, 3-13, 5-11 .... Not many coaches would survive that resume ... One of the best things that happened to the Seahawks in 2013 was Bradley getting hired by Jacksonville... Now let's hope someone hires Bevell ...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a fan. I think PC had more to do with it than he did and Bradley was just along for the ride. The secondary was PC's brain-child and that's what was great about the defense back then. The pass rush was mediocre. Quinn had more talent to work with but he knew how to put both pieces together.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference is this... Bradley can't coach .... I would put money on it right now that they end the season at sub .500 again next year.... 4-12, 3-13, 5-11 .... Not many coaches would survive that resume ... One of the best things that happened to the Seahawks in 2013 was Bradley getting hired by Jacksonville... Now let's hope someone hires Bevell ...

In '15, 11 of their losses were by 7 or fewer points (7) times...

In '14, 13 of their losses were by 7 or fewer points just (1) time...

Personally, they were much more competitive this last season than most are giving them credit for... Proves that they're playing hard for their HC and they're trending in the right direction... IMO, that's enough to give the HC a one year extension... It's not like they gave him another 5 year extension or anything... My feeling, is the FO likes what they're seeing and wanted to ensure some stability/trust to the team and their coaching staff...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time something goes wrong some blame the coordinators.

Bradley, Bevell, Richard... all take the rap when players fail to execute. I know we have had a talented the past few years, but that doesn't make even perfect playcalling foolproof.

We don't know what these guys know. All we know is what we see, and that's immediately in hindsight. It's easy to call plays with a "shoulda" approach.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars have a nice young core of players, especially on offense, a franchise QB, some good wide outs, good young RB... If I was a Jags fan I would be fine with continuing to develop with the pieces in place. It's not like a bunch of proven premier coaches have their bags packed and ready to go to Jacksonville.