• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the 49er's the best team in the NFL

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are equivalent to last year's Chicago Bears. ...They snuck up on us and are the beneficiaries of a weak schedule.

We'll have a much better grasp of who the 9ers are after they've played the Seahawks, Packers, Ravens and Saints.

So now its the seahawks eh?

First it was the Rams, then the Panthers, now its the seahawks.... They just put up 50+ points on one of the better defenses in the league.

Keep moving those goal posts back.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now its the seahawks eh?

First it was the Rams, then the Panthers, now its the seahawks.... They just put up 50+ points on one of the better defenses in the league.

Keep moving those goal posts back.

Do you think the Seahawks will be a walk in the park?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be - is it February yet?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least 49ers are in the argument..... GB isn't.

49ers are, based on yards/game, the best defense and 6th best offense. Best defense, and 2nd best rushing team.

It is not hard to get good defensive and offensive stats when the teams that you have played are shit. You should have good stats.

When the record of the opponents you have played is over .500 come back and talk to me until then STFU

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the NFL should be worried. They're beating these teams like a drum when Jimmy hasn't been playing anywhere near his best football. He's been missing easy passes all the time. ACL rust???

There's no guarantee his play will elevate past that, but it's definitely a fixable flaw. Also, he's been doing it with both starting OTs out with injuries.

Not saying he's been lights out, because he has made mistakes. Had one throw yesterday that looked to be terrible (the int., but I'll get a better opinion on it when I get a coaches film review) but not only does he learn from it, ie doesn't make the same mistake in the game, but he usually comes back and leads a scoring drive. I believe people are so caught up in fantasy football, so they look for bulk numbers...and yes...there is something to be said about them, but I found these numbers just as important (if they're legit, which I don't really care to look up):

Third down passing conversion %: 1st

% of all throws for 1st downs: 1st

Completion Percentage: 5th

Time to throw allowed by OL: 3rd worst in NFL

Yards/Attempt: 8th

Net Yards Gained/Attempt: 8th

% of Poor Throws: 10th best

Bottom line is this: He's converting 3rd and 8's into first downs, and keeps the chains moving. He's 15-2 as a starter including 13-2 as a Niners starter....that ain't all defense and running the ball. That's a lot of Jimmy G, with Kittle and little to no help from the receiver corp. If he just keeps improving with experience....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not hard to get good defensive and offensive stats when the teams that you have played are shit. You should have good stats.

When the record of the opponents you have played is over .500 come back and talk to me until then STFU

I think there are 4 strong NFC teams.

GB
SF
SEA
NO

And a couple might be strongs.
MIN
LAR

Window shopping.
DAL
PHI

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I'd say it's a tie between them and Packers/Saints. I just don't trust Jimmy G in the playoffs (YET). No track record and he is hardly the reason for their success this season.

Before this season started and even as it's been going, I've said numerous times, "Let's see what the 49ers keep doing before we crown them." That's not a wrong statement, but so far they are the class of the NFC given their wins (outside of Redskins) have been largely dominant.

THAT SAID, again, this is a new regime that for the most part has no postseason experience (yes I know Shanny has been there before, I said MOST part) and that can bring a different state of mind and intensity... so let's see how they do there, first.

That said, 49ers and Pats going at it right now if the season ended today would be a pretty cool Super Bowl. I'd be down for Chiefs vs. Pats (again) with Mahomes, and Packers/Saints/49ers (any) for an NFC/AFC Title showdown. Naturally I want Seattle to get to the SBOWL but I just don't see it this year. They have a decent shot to make the playoffs, but I think they get bounced in the division at best (if not WC). Ken Norton is a fuckin' idiot and has no clue how to call a defense.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 for sure but not ready to crown them the best in the league... If they had Garden Minshew, then maybe I'd crown them #1...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. 9 points versus the Redskins. The Patriots hung 33 on them.

I'd say the Patriots' defense is superior, though neither team has played more than one or two winning teams.
The 49er defense is on par with the Patriot's defense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was a monsoon yesterday in New England, when the Pats beat a better team than the Redskins handily. Dominant teams are dominant, rain or shine, dome or no dome, home or away.
The Browns are only 2-5.