• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the 49er's the best team in the NFL

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in the top couple. Can't really say 1 team is the best.
They are solid all the way around. It'll be tough to beat them.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are much better without Kap.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll defintitely know more after the 1st SEA game.

4NK69e7.png

7iVXd01.png

If they win @BAL I'll be very impressed.
Ya know, I'm not sure whether we will know more after this game or not. If they beat Seattle, it's really what they should do. If Seattle wins, it's a divisional rival pulling off the upset and honestly, SF being due for a loss. Nothing really more or less. It's the natural course of a season. Nobody with any knowledge of football expects a perfect season. Now, if on the other hand, Seattle wins and the 9ers go on a mini skid vs. those other good teams, then we maybe learn something. If they bounce back and go on another winning streak, we learn something. But one game? I don't think you ever learn anything from one game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I'm not sure whether we will know more after this game or not. If they beat Seattle, it's really what they should do. If Seattle wins, it's a divisional rival pulling off the upset and honestly, SF being due for a loss. Nothing really more or less. It's the natural course of a season. Nobody with any knowledge of football expects a perfect season. Now, if on the other hand, Seattle wins and the 9ers go on a mini skid vs. those other good teams, then we maybe learn something. If they bounce back and go on another winning streak, we learn something. But one game? I don't think you ever learn anything from one game.
Accurate take I think.Go Seahawks.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that the author of each one seems to have learned nothing from the game they said they would learn more from....... because the 9ers won. The intent wasn't to learn anything, the intent was to hope the 9ers lose and then say.... see, I told you the 9ers weren't that good. Then the 9ers win, and they simply pick the next toughest game on the schedule to move the sticks to. Sooner or later I suspect the 9ers will lose a game.... and when they do, they are still a top NFL team. Learn that.

Sure.

Whatever you say.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel that SF needs to keep this up to hold off the Rams. This is where things get interesting.

SF's tough games remaining
Seattle (at least one)
GB
@Baltimore
@New Orleans
LA

LA's tough games remaining
Chicago(maybe)
Baltimore
Seattle
@San Francisco
@Dallas (meant to put this before SF)

Looking at this closely, LA lost to Seattle already so they should win the other one. LA lost to SF already so they should win the other one. I don't see them losing two straight weeks at home. I see 2 more losses at most. I don't know if they lose to Dallas however.

SF should lose to LAR. Can they win back to back road games at Baltimore and NO? I'm not sure, so give a loss there. Now there is Green Bay week 12 and Seattle week 17 (or 10). If SF loses to GB they will need to sweep Seattle.

A 4-2 division tie between SF and LA is more likely. SF sweeping either LA or SF gives them the division.

If SF loses to both Baltimore and NO, they better beat GB.

If both SF and LA are 12-4 with 4-2 division records, SF needs LA to lose to Baltimore as common games become first tie-breaker. Because the next tie-breaker is conference record, that will come down to whoever SF beats between Baltimore and NO. If it's Baltimore, it's going to strength of victory. If it's NO, SF should have it. If SF loses to both Baltimore and NO, it won't matter if LA loses to Dallas or not because they will have more common wins.

Under a strength of victory scenario, LA beat NO alone compared to SF beating TB alone. LA beats Dallas compared to SF beating Washington. Those two alone cover the gap between Green Bay and Chicago if they both win those games.

After week 12, we'll know if SF has this division locked up or not.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the NFC and where SF could end up...

It's going to be a combination of these top three seeds

SF/LAR/Sea
NO
GB
NFC East fourth seed
NFC West runner-up first wild card
NFC West third place second wild card
I'm looking at these playoff scenarios assuming the NFC East winner has no chance. Any two of the NFC West, NO, and GB.

Does LAR lose to Baltimore and SF loses to both NO and Baltimore? If so, Seattle could win the division if they maintain 4-2 in it and beat everybody else. If one of those scenarios don't happen, no division win. Seattle has two losses in common games and will be relying on strength of victory tie-breaking.