• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

April 4-5-6-7 Rangers at the Halos

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early success was a mirage. They morphed right back into what they really are, just not very good offensively and the SP and BP are really inadequate
Yeah thinking it was fools gold.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller and Smyly are about what we thought they would be. For the sake of the bullpen we should have found a couple of better pitchers. We have one in Sampson, but they are too stubborn to move him to the rotation.

JD teams continue to be challenged when it comes to making the right decision about using a pitcher as a starter or a reliever. It has been that way since at least as far back as 2010.

I would put EV in same category. Gone to the knife twice. Miller has best stuff but very erratic. Did not expect much. Give it time Sampson will start. If he did not have options he would be starting. Regardless these 3 or 4 are only placeholders which is probably best move considering MILB call ups

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put EV in same category. Gone to the knife twice. Miller has best stuff but very erratic. Did not expect much. Give it time Sampson will start. If he did not have options he would be starting. Regardless these 3 or 4 are only placeholders which is probably best move considering MILB call ups

Was not that the plan from the git-go

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me if we can get Gallo, Mazara, Odor and Guzman producing consistently at a higher level. This season should be considered successful

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me if we can get Gallo, Mazara, Odor and Guzman producing consistently at a higher level. This season should be considered successful

I haven’t been as vocal about it this year, but Odor is playing up to his name so far.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller and Smyly are about what we thought they would be. For the sake of the bullpen we should have found a couple of better pitchers. We have one in Sampson, but they are too stubborn to move him to the rotation.

JD teams continue to be challenged when it comes to making the right decision about using a pitcher as a starter or a reliever. It has been that way since at least as far back as 2010.

Springs has also pitched well

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it is successful if we simply find out about them so we know what we need going forward. Each of those individuals do not need to have success for the organization to have a successful season.

I would put Calhoun in that category as well, but I can see that that part will not be successful.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t been as vocal about it this year, but Odor is playing up to his name so far.
Him and Gallo have continued trending like they were during the last few weeks of 2018.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Gallo have continued trending like they were during the last few weeks of 2018.

We might have to revive the send him down or keep him up with the big club debate in a few weeks if the little shit doesn’t get going.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might have to revive the send him down or keep him up with the big club debate in a few weeks if the little shit doesn’t get going.
One has to wonder how many opportunities Odor and DDJ gets.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has to wonder how many opportunities Odor and DDJ gets.
I think Odor has it made for quite awhile no matter how he hits. The only guy in the system that could even make the Rangers think about making a change in the next 2 years is Eli White. White would have to play better than Profar did to have even a remote shot.

I think JD is married to Odor as long as he is under contract. It will be very interesting to see how the organization responds if guys like Seise, Apostel and Arias continue to develop and are ready to make the jump to Arlington in 2022 while Odor still has a year left.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Odor has it made for quite awhile no matter how he hits. The only guy in the system that could even make the Rangers think about making a change in the next 2 years is Eli White. White would have to play better than Profar did to have even a remote shot.

I think JD is married to Odor as long as he is under contract. It will be very interesting to see how the organization responds if guys like Seise, Apostel and Arias continue to develop and are ready to make the jump to Arlington in 2022 while Odor still has a year left.

I still think odor got that contract and his protected status because of the Bautista punch.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giving Odor an extension was a huge mistake. He ,imo, plays with a chip on his shoulder knowing JD is locked in. Question to be asked, will he buy into Woody's process?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving Odor an extension was a huge mistake. He ,imo, plays with a chip on his shoulder knowing JD is locked in. Question to be asked, will he buy into Woody's process?

Doesn’t mean we have to double down on that mistake by giving him special treatment on line up cards and protecting him from going to triple A when he’s stinking up the joint every night.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t freaking know. The situation is weird.

Elvis is viewed as the leader of the team now and odor is so tight with Elvis. They always have that dump the Gatorade ritual after a home game. Odor had the Bautista punch which fired up the fan base and had veterans in the club house paying his fine for him.

I can’t help but think that Odor received that extension for social reasons and reasons related to off the field play. His play on the field never warranted the extension in my eyes. It’s all about the guy being friends with the best players on the team and being a fan favorite.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t mean we have to double down on that mistake by giving him special treatment on line up cards and protecting him from going to triple A when he’s stinking up the joint every night.

As long as we are rebuilding and waiting on MILB pitching there is nothing at stake. Odor is not going to AAA when nothing is depending on him right now. It would be political suicide to send him down with an extended contract and nothing to gain. IMO he will be gone when his contract is up.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout's final line versus the Rangers

6-11, 5 HRs (1 grand slam), 9 RBIs, 5 runs, 6 BB (2 IBB), 2.631 OPS, .7 WAR

He accrued 5.6 million dollars (according to WAR) of value in this series alone (9.6 Million on the season)

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Odor has 5 years of service time he cannot be optioned to the minors without his consent.

Actually, I am not even sure if Roogie has any options left. Either way, this should be the last year he can be sent down. I just don't see them doing that.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If DDJ is still struggling at the end of April. And if this year is about player evaluation, call up Tocci and send down DDJ.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout's final line versus the Rangers

6-11, 5 HRs (1 grand slam), 9 RBIs, 5 runs, 6 BB (2 IBB), 2.631 OPS, .7 WAR

He accrued 5.6 million dollars (according to WAR) of value in this series alone (9.6 Million on the season)
Any value based on WAR is built on someone's theory of worth and value. It is subjective.