• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Appeal to Last Into the Season

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear of this process dragging on is if all or part of the suspension remains having it come in the second half of the season is a worst case scenario.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First scenario, Rog says not Brady did not participate, Brady has been accused of being the main culprit.

Do the Pats then get the picks back? Or are they still being punished for past transgressions?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
85% of people out there are saying Brady is a cheater. What did he cheat at? The Wells report says he didn't do anything. Brady is being suspended for not turning over his cell phone or providing emails or texts relating to anything or anyone involved in deflategate. The emails and texts requested are from anytime prior to the AFC Championship Game and any time after the AFC Championship game.

Brady refused to give Wells his phone and he refused to give him any emails or texts regarding the AFC Championship Game alleged incident. I wouldn't give up anything I said after the game either. Anything can be twisted and construed to make the author appear guilty and I'm sure Brady's legal team made absolutely sure that nothing was voluntarily given to Wells.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodger wanted to talk to Brady, I am sure he could have anytime during the investigation. I am beginning to think that the NFLPA and people behind the scene want Brady to take this to court and destroy Roger in the process. The suspension does not fit the crime, and they could no prove he did it, even though some people on this site think the Wells report did prove he did it. This is deep now. You have media, other teams, TV shows and etc....dragging Brady's name through the mud. Past players calling him a cheater, and that is not going to fly. Anyone here would defend their name to the death if they were innocent. You would not Risk more humiliation and ridicule if you were actually guilty and there was a way to prove it. Roger needs to hear this case and he is going to beg Brady to stop and not go any further. I think Roger and NFL are about to be hit, and hit hard once the courts get their hands on the evidence and force the NFL to hand over their emails and text messages. I expect Roger to be out a job by the end of the July, and the truth is not going to make people happy.

I said this before, there is no way TB or his lawyers would pursue this further if there was any evidence out there that could link TB to telling the ball boys to deflate the balls AFTER they were checked. If he was guilty, I think this would have been over a long time ago...IMO TB and NE did not expect this to go this far and for him to be suspended. The NFL did this thinking he would accept the penalty because Kraft would have told him too. After all, Kraft keeps bending over for this guy....This has stopped being about footballs and turned into a Man defending himself!

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.....just thinking.....

Deflator text was in May 2015. Refs over inflate the footballs during the Jets game, in what October? Brady then takes notice and had more interest in the balls....Somehow TB has been doing this his whole career? No texts from Brady to either ball boy on their phones. If the Refs did not set the balls so high, he would have never took an interest..LOL.....the more I think about the Wells report and the dumb-asses that believe it, I want TB to go to court....

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it gets lowered to 2 games in the appeal and I hope he, the haters and the media move on. Have said from the start Brady had his hand in this, but it is no where near as big or exclusive a crime as it is being made out to be. The more this goes on it reminds me of Clinton's BJ. As far as US security and criminal acts go........fucking harmless. It was the public denial and dragging it out that did the long term public image damage. Wish you guys the best next year and my money is still on a Super Bowl rematch.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it gets lowered to 2 games in the appeal and I hope he, the haters and the media move on. Have said from the start Brady had his hand in this, but it is no where near as big or exclusive a crime as it is being made out to be. The more this goes on it reminds me of Clinton's BJ. As far as US security and criminal acts go........fucking harmless. It was the public denial and dragging it out that did the long term public image damage. Wish you guys the best next year and my money is still on a Super Bowl rematch.

I agree to some extent. If the league did not push all the misinformation out at the beginning, like 11 of 12 balls underinflated by 2 psi and such it would have been easier for Brady to defend himself at the beginning but he's been behind the 8-ball sort of speak since the start of this. Given that nobody ever looks good trying to defend themselves especially in the court of public opinion he really had very little chance of changing perception.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to some extent. If the league did not push all the misinformation out at the beginning, like 11 of 12 balls underinflated by 2 psi and such it would have been easier for Brady to defend himself at the beginning but he's been behind the 8-ball sort of speak since the start of this. Given that nobody ever looks good trying to defend themselves especially in the court of public opinion he really had very little chance of changing perception.

Brady will NOT accept any suspension, not even one game. To do so would be admitting he was guilty of "something" and would haunt him through the rest of his life.

Kessler and the rest of Brady's legal team will rip the Wells Report and Roger Goodell to shreds in court. The NFL, Ted Wells, Kinsler and NFL Owners are not the law of the land. They get away with tons of bullshit because their a private club and if you want to be part of it, you play along. Brady's doesn't have to play along, he's going to force the NFL to apologize, revoke the suspension and when that happens, the Patriots will be exonerated and get their draft picks back along with the $1M fine.

I'd be willing to bet that the owners have pretty much told Goodell that they don't want this anywhere near a courthouse. Once this gets into court, every fine, suspension, and penalty ever handed down by the league office could be challenged. Once witnesses start getting called to the stand, every little piece of dirty laundry could be hung out for public view.

I can't wait for June 23, 2015.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I'm a CBSSports refugee. I've always known about this site but never visited.

Oh, and, Tom Brady FTW.

Thought I recognized the name but it has been a couple years now.

Welcome aboard.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I recognized the name but it has been a couple years now.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks Yankee, I recognize you as well. I remember when CBS Sports drastically changed their format and many went into exile. Someone posted the link to this site; I joined but peaked in every once in awhile. The whole Deflategate fiasco has me visiting everywhere. Especially CSNNE.com, given how Boston sports writers subjectively bash Tom and Pats repeatedly. There's a lot of XY chromosones saturated with Estrogen.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more than OK with a one game suspension. AS long as Brady played games 1, 2, 3, suspended 4, back on the field for 5.
Nothing personal but I'd prefer not play the Patriots at full strength.:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more than OK with a one game suspension. AS long as Brady played games 1, 2, 3, suspended 4, back on the field for 5.
Nothing personal but I'd prefer not play the Patriots at full strength.:suds:
Not sure I could blame you? I'm thinking when Brady does get on the field he's going to be angry and put up some huge points this year. I'm thinking a good deal for my fantasy team?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just knowing how the system works, I can't see Brady serving any suspension in games 1-4.

Look at how long it's taken to get to this point and what we know is coming...........

June 23 is the appeal hearing. It might be over in 2 hours or it could take two weeks. Even if Goodell knows that Brady doesn't deserve the harsh 4 game suspension, he also knows that 95% of NFL fans hate the Patriots and TB. Once the evidence is presented, Goodell has to make a decision. My guess is that he'll call the NFLPA and Kessler into a private quiet meeting and try to work out something that will make him look good yet be fair to Brady. He'll also have to consider the fallout from fans across the league.

The easiest way out for Goodell is to revoke the suspension but fine Brady say $500,000 for not cooperating 100% with the investigation. That allows the haters to continue to say Brady cheated and got away with it. It allows the Patriots fans and Brady's legal team not to continue to bring up legal issues that the league certainly doesn't want to deal with. It allows Brady to play and not take the issue into federal court where more than deflated footballs could be brought out into the open and the "Integrity" of the NFL could be compromised. It also allows Brady not to have to be punished for anything to do with tampering with footballs. It allows Goodell to appear to be somewhat a disciplinarian by forcing Brady to acknowledge that he didn't fully cooperate with Wells investigation.

After two weeks, 2015 NFL camps open and everyone is back to talking about their teams and football. Goodell and the owners are happy because they didn't have to go to court, Brady is happy because he's back playing 19 games of football again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just knowing how the system works, I can't see Brady serving any suspension in games 1-4.

Look at how long it's taken to get to this point and what we know is coming...........

June 23 is the appeal hearing. It might be over in 2 hours or it could take two weeks. Even if Goodell knows that Brady doesn't deserve the harsh 4 game suspension, he also knows that 95% of NFL fans hate the Patriots and TB. Once the evidence is presented, Goodell has to make a decision. My guess is that he'll call the NFLPA and Kessler into a private quiet meeting and try to work out something that will make him look good yet be fair to Brady. He'll also have to consider the fallout from fans across the league.

The easiest way out for Goodell is to revoke the suspension but fine Brady say $500,000 for not cooperating 100% with the investigation. That allows the haters to continue to say Brady cheated and got away with it. It allows the Patriots fans and Brady's legal team not to continue to bring up legal issues that the league certainly doesn't want to deal with. It allows Brady to play and not take the issue into federal court where more than deflated footballs could be brought out into the open and the "Integrity" of the NFL could be compromised. It also allows Brady not to have to be punished for anything to do with tampering with footballs. It allows Goodell to appear to be somewhat a disciplinarian by forcing Brady to acknowledge that he didn't fully cooperate with Wells investigation.

After two weeks, 2015 NFL camps open and everyone is back to talking about their teams and football. Goodell and the owners are happy because they didn't have to go to court, Brady is happy because he's back playing 19 games of football again.
Really enjoyed this piece. Especially tge 19 game part.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ken,

Is $500k appropriate? I mean, what was Favre fined, $50k for not turning over his phone? Brady and Giselle are 2 of some of the most recognizable couples....haters like it or not. I imagine, that there are perhaps intimate texts between the 2 of them and Brady is protecting his woman. The way text are misconstrued anyway, if there's a hint of phone sex in them, the gossip media will cream over themselves....literally.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken,

Is $500k appropriate? I mean, what was Favre fined, $50k for not turning over his phone? Brady and Giselle are 2 of some of the most recognizable couples....haters like it or not. I imagine, that there are perhaps intimate texts between the 2 of them and Brady is protecting his woman. The way text are misconstrued anyway, if there's a hint of phone sex in them, the gossip media will cream over themselves....literally.

Boobie pictures of Giselle don't concern me much, there is not a lot there...

But there may be info on his phone that could be incriminating for other players in other situations. He is a players rep for the union.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players rep and boobies aside, Brady offered to give the phone to Goodell, he did not trust Wells. Why would anyone say that was bad judgment? Wells is a POS and Brady knows this. So does Goodell.
Can you imagine the rage of Wells being told by Brady to go FYS?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of a $500,000 fine for failure to comply would be nothing more than a red herring to Patriots and Brady haters. It would also give Goodell a small ledge to hold on to and his "Integrity of the NFL" somewhat undamaged.

You're correct, Brady would not give his phones or any texts or emails to Wells because Mike(?)Kinsler who was part and parcel to the AFC Championship Sting Operation would surely have gotten hold of anything Brady passed on. Christ only knows what that psychopath would have done with them. The guy's like a serial killer when it has to do with Patriots.

We only have two more weeks to the Magic Date...................I need more drugs.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players rep and boobies aside, Brady offered to give the phone to Goodell, he did not trust Wells. Why would anyone say that was bad judgment? Wells is a POS and Brady knows this. So does Goodell.
Can you imagine the rage of Wells being told by Brady to go FYS?

Boobies in front please, had not heard that Tom had offered up his phone to Roger. When did this come out?