• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP suspended til April 15

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Goodell's motivation confused. He isn't doing this out of some sort of moral obligation. He is doing this to protect 32 owners' pockets. That is what his obligation is. The NFL is a trade association created with the mission to protect the interests of it's 32 member organizations. Goodell is the head of that association.

If I made a mistake in my personal life that caused my company a shit ton of money, I would be canned immediately (as I should be).

do you realize this would have blown over with in 2 weeks if he were reinstated .. people forget fast and it would have been on to the next problem

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh .. i still say let him play .. im sick and tired of joe Q public and the press fucking up peoples lives

As much as I agree, Joe q public and the press are what makes AP, the owners and the NFL as a whole the millionaires and billionaires that they are. This has to go with the territory.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you realize this would have blown over with in 2 weeks if he were reinstated .. people forget fast and it would have been on to the next problem

I won't speak for you, but there are people (deeply involved in Goodell's decision making) who are much smarter than I am, who don't believe that is the case.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot help but to return to pondering about the occurrence of one single person who would cease watching NFL games because the Vikings kept an abusive father, the Ravens kept an abusive boyfriend or another team kept a convicted DUI on their roster.

Can anyone explain to me how any of these cases actually impact the wallets of NFL owners? I suppose advertising dollars from certain sponsors but again, allow me to extend that to them. I cannot fathom saying something like "Hey honey, can we stop using dial soap? I just saw an ad for dial during a vikings game and those bastards didn't fire AP so I don't want anything to do with Proctor and Gamble products."

I recall Warren Moon famously beating on his wife and it never occurred to me to stop watching football or boycotting any product. Is this all just a huge over-reaction?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sponsers were pulling out. It wasn't just going to blow over if they just slapped him on the wrist, the NFL has played that card hundreds of times. But after the Ray Rice deal, its probably never going to happen again.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I agree, Joe q public and the press are what makes AP, the owners and the NFL as a whole the millionaires and billionaires that they are. This has to go with the territory.

people wouldnt stop watching ... people these days dont have the resolve to do that ..is a self gratifying world .. no one is willing to sacrifice anything to get a point across

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sponsers were pulling out. It wasn't just going to blow over if they just slapped him on the wrist, the NFL has played that card hundreds of times. But after the Ray Rice deal, its probably never going to happen again.

it would have been different because of the court ruling

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people wouldnt stop watching ... people these days dont have the resolve to do that ..is a self gratifying world .. no one is willing to sacrifice anything to get a point across

Absolutely correct!:suds:

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall Warren Moon famously beating on his wife and it never occurred to me to stop watching football or boycotting any product. Is this all just a huge over-reaction?

As a society we should get better.

That means making sure people know it is not okay to do this crap!

Yes, 45 years ago it was normal to beat your kids, it was normal to treat your wife like a slave, normal to smoke cigarettes.

None of that is okay now because we know the negative effects it has.

Evolution...Its a good thing.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a society we should get better.

That means making sure people know it is not okay to do this crap!

Yes, 45 years ago it was normal to beat your kids, it was normal to treat your wife like a slave, normal to smoke cigarettes.

None of that is okay now because we know the negative effects it has.

Evolution...Its a good thing.

Unfortunately not everyone evolves.:doh:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately not everyone evolves.:doh:

But the whippings worked so will in Peterson's case. Look at what a fine upstanding person he turned out to be. Dedicated father to all of his surviving kids, well... the ones he knows about. Very charitable man....ok his charity was under investigation for using funds to pay for wild sex parties but I'm sure he didn't know that was going on.

Yep, the man was brought up right

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the whippings worked so will in Peterson's case. Look at what a fine upstanding person he turned out to be. Dedicated father to all of his surviving kids, well... the ones he knows about. Very charitable man....ok his charity was under investigation for using funds to pay for wild sex parties but I'm sure he didn't know that was going on.

This is why you used to be Pope.:suds:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It works both ways. I know a couple families who raised their kids without ever spanking or laying a hand on them and both families kids (now grown in their early 20's) have turned out to be dirt bags. One of them (a 19 year old girl) just made big news by evading police on three different occasions, speeding past trick or treaters on Halloween night trying to flee cops, and finally getting arrested on drug and firearms charges. I'm just sayin', maybe not spanking her as kid didn't work either. No is no one size fits all, cookie cutter method, of raising kids. Every kid is different and what works for one may not work for another.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All true. But the NFL is not just concerned about about the customers they have, they're concerned about the customers that they dont have yet. Bad publiticity may not scare away me or you from the NFL. But it could push someone from becoming interested in it, especially women, who the NFL has made an incredible effort to target in marketing.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from an earlier post by money.The ones who think he's the devil are the majority in the MN society. The NFL is going to act based on the majority viewpoint. The majority sucks in MN

And that's wrong. If the Vikes go with what the mad mothers and what others want, that's just fucked up. And that's exactly what's happening. 2 weeks ago groups of people were going to boycott the Vikes games if AP had been reinstated. That's how how it is here in MN. Sad

Last edited by a moderator:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from an earlier post by money.The ones who think he's the devil are the majority in the MN society. The NFL is going to act based on the majority viewpoint. The majority sucks in MN

And that's wrong. If the Vikes go with what the mad mothers and what others want, that's just fucked up. And that's exactly what's happening. 2 weeks ago groups of people were going to boycott the Vikes games if AP had been reinstated. That's how how it is here in MN. Sad

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:L

Wow, dude... you got us pegged... Moron.

Seminole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's ridiculous. These kids are so bad as hell now. Parents try to be friends than parent nowadays. That's why these kids are out of control and shooting up schools.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if AP will appeal,....he'll supposedly still get paid if he does right up until he's exhausted his appeals-process,...maybe he'll get thru this season with a paycheck, but next year there's no more ''guaranteed-$$$''.....[???]........will he be in another uniform....???