• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone you'd trade up for the 9-12 picks overall?

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be a steep price. The Draft Value chart lists the 9th pick as 1350 points. That's our 31, 34, 74-1380 points.

I know many have talked about trading up but what guys do you think could realistically be there that you'd give up all that for?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't do it this year - not that far up. Too much talent will fall to where we're sitting.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would stand pat with our first 3 picks, because all three of those picks will get very reasonable, 4 year rookie deals, probably $1M or less per year cap hit initially.

So those financial deals will be very easy to handle under the cap.

Also, with the depth of talent in the draft on the defensive side, I think we can draft 3 future defensive starters with those first 3 picks. Safety and 2 guys on the D-line or 1 guy on the D-line and a OLB.

That's the way I would go.

Then 3rd round and onwards go BPA route and draft some WRs, a QB, another safety, RB, etc.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this draft is strongest in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Also, isn't the traditional trade chart (which I think you're using here) pretty outdated at this point with the new CBA and all?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree, there's lots of good players to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I'm glad we have 4 picks there (two 2nd's and two 3rd's).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rumor that Patterson is falling the answer is no one.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely nobody. I think the value in this years draft falls between the bottom half of the first round and the top half of the 2nd round. There is hardly any drop off if you ask me. I see teams taking gambles on guys like Patterson and Geno Smith due to need. I think the same can be said for some other likely top picks as well.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There just isn't that J.J. Stokes caliber player worth trading up for in this year's draft.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like me some Sheldon Richardson and I really feel as if we need to look into taking a higher tier DE talent-wise then I feel the 2nd and 3rd rounds will provide. IF we moved up, the only way I would be ok with it is if we are taking CP, Austin, or the highest rated 3-4 DE was have graded out. I feel our DL needs some power and explosiveness to complement Justin and Ray Ray and I don't know if we can afford for that player to be a developmental type. If Carradine grades similar to Richardson and we can get Carradine at 31, then fuck everything I just said before.

In other words, who knows?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like me some Sheldon Richardson and I really feel as if we need to look into taking a higher tier DE talent-wise then I feel the 2nd and 3rd rounds will provide. IF we moved up, the only way I would be ok with it is if we are taking CP, Austin, or the highest rated 3-4 DE was have graded out. I feel our DL needs some power and explosiveness to complement Justin and Ray Ray and I don't know if we can afford for that player to be a developmental type. If Carradine grades similar to Richardson and we can get Carradine at 31, then fuck everything I just said before.

In other words, who knows?

Agree with the thinking in that go ahead and trade up as necessary. If it is for a DE, fine, but my preference would be a pass rusher.