• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business playing in the.....

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quote was on wikipedia, it has been removed now though. You wont be able to find it anywhere. LoL

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they lost it on the field during the regular season. The conference champions also played, the Chicago Bears and the Milwaukee Brewers. Therefore under you're premise, whoever wins the Big East should be considered ahead of Alabama. Makes sense, eh moron.

exactly. you want to play for a title? win your conference. otherwise STFU & GTFO

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. you want to play for a title? win your conference. otherwise STFU & GTFO

You can get the f--- off also. Look how many champions wouldn't have won. If you finish 2nd in the Olympic trials, than I guess you can't win the gold medal in the olympics. Forget the wild cards in any sports, you can't win the championship. The Dallas Mavericks should not have been eligible for the NBA finals because they didn't win their conference. Since there is no playoff in college football you have to allow the polls and computers to make certain decisions. Sorry, totally disagree with you. Learn to respect other people's opinions and then come back and post.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a little bit of a different situation...Green Bay got to play as a wildcard and went on to win the Super Bowl...

If the NFL had something similar to the BCS, Chicago would have gotten in over Green Bay, because they WON THAT DIVISION...Actually, the Super Bowl probably would have been Pittsburgh vs. Chicago

If college football had a 16 team playoff where all conference champs had a shot, and the top teams weren't dissected, then you'd have a case...

As it is right now, I think alot of sports writers are suddenly surprised that Alabama might actually be set for a rematch, above other teams that might actually win their conferences ...we all know Alabama is good, I think alot of people are watching these polls overrule the regular season, and are disgusted with it (yet again).

I'm certainly not an Alabama fan, but they went 11-1 in the regular season, had only 1 close game, the LSU game which they lost by 3 points. The sportswriters and coaches and computers say they are number 2, at the moment and I agree with them. We've written a set of rules and I expect that the BCS will follow them. At this point I have a hard time dealing with anyone else playing LSU. No one else has shown they deserve it.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are jumping on him and you're not seeing what he is saying..
His point is sometimes the BEST teams don't win the conference.
A shitty team wins pac 12 or big east and under what you guys are saying they should be over alabama or stanford.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, playoffs are awesome! I'm glad we all agree that college football does not have a playoff, and since every week is part of the "playoffs" of college football, Alabama won't play in week 14 and therefore has no business playing for the national championship. :wacko:

Where does it say the 2 best teams can't be from the same conference? It dosen't. In 1971, the final AP poll had Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Colorado as 1-2-3. Since they had all played each other within the conference, Nebraska took on number 4 Alabama and trashed them. Since we did not have the BCS system, there was no chance they could play each other in a bowl. Nebraska accepted an invite to play in a game where the SEC champ automatically get the bid. Therefore impossible for them to have played Oklahoma or Colorado again.

I believe however that LSU and Mississippi did play each other twice in 1 season, regular and a bowl and they split the 2 games.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get the f--- off also. Look how many champions wouldn't have won. If you finish 2nd in the Olympic trials, than I guess you can't win the gold medal in the olympics. Forget the wild cards in any sports, you can't win the championship. The Dallas Mavericks should not have been eligible for the NBA finals because they didn't win their conference. Since there is no playoff in college football you have to allow the polls and computers to make certain decisions. Sorry, totally disagree with you. Learn to respect other people's opinions and then come back and post.

why are you bringing up other sports where more than two teams get a shot at the title?

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is jumping the gun.... Wait for the dust to settle after "championship" week.... If it doesn't work out your teams way, then start bitching. I know I will. LOL

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

riiiiiight...actually pro sports have a conference or league championship game or series...the winner is the conference champ...then they go on to face the other conference champ...in what parallel universe did the mavericks not win the western conference finals?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you bringing up other sports where more than two teams get a shot at the title?

I'm bringing it up because winning a conference championship does not mean you are the best team by the end of the season and what if only 2 teams make the "playoffs," like college football and the best 2 are in the same conference.
I don't have a problem if they change the rules, maybe they should if only 2 teams can play, but you know there will be complaints. If Alabama dosen't make the nc game, the Alabama fans on this and every board will be screaming bloody murder.

BTW, it looks like the best team in the PAC 12 is now USC, but they weren't even close the 1st half of the season. USC just might give LSU a better game than Alabama or anyone else.

If Oklahoma beats Okie St, I cannot see putting Stanford or Virginia Tech in the game.

How's this scenario, LSU loses to Georgia and Alabama gets in and Stanford gets in. 2 teams that not only didn't win the conference title but didn't even play for it.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
riiiiiight...actually pro sports have a conference or league championship game or series...the winner is the conference champ...then they go on to face the other conference champ...in what parallel universe did the mavericks not win the western conference finals?

Regular season they finished behind the San Antonio Nuggets. If only a playoff between the division champions, the Mavericks aren't even in the playoffs. They won the Western Conference title in the playoffs not the regular season. I forget what seed they were, but it wasn't 1 or 2.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres been alot of times where 2 teams from the same league almost played for the title. In 2002 Iowa was a Miami loss away from playing OSU for the title. In 2006 Michigan and Ohio State almost played for the title. Its not like this is the first time this ahs been a possibility. Lets wait and see what happens. In 2006 the pollsters dropped Michigan behind Florida to ensure a rematch didnt happen. Not saying that will happen here but it wouldnt shock me if it did. Especially if a team like Okie State puts the hammer down on the Sooners this weekend. Or if VT annihilates the Tigers.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season they finished behind the San Antonio Nuggets. If only a playoff between the division champions, the Mavericks aren't even in the playoffs. They won the Western Conference title in the playoffs not the regular season. I forget what seed they were, but it wasn't 1 or 2.

I find that offensive

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bringing it up because winning a conference championship does not mean you are the best team by the end of the season and what if only 2 teams make the "playoffs," like college football and the best 2 are in the same conference.
I don't have a problem if they change the rules, maybe they should if only 2 teams can play, but you know there will be complaints. If Alabama dosen't make the nc game, the Alabama fans on this and every board will be screaming bloody murder.

BTW, it looks like the best team in the PAC 12 is now USC, but they weren't even close the 1st half of the season. USC just might give LSU a better game than Alabama or anyone else.

If Oklahoma beats Okie St, I cannot see putting Stanford or Virginia Tech in the game.

How's this scenario, LSU loses to Georgia and Alabama gets in and Stanford gets in. 2 teams that not only didn't win the conference title but didn't even play for it.

so would it be fair for the yankees and red sox to play each other in the world series?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres been alot of times where 2 teams from the same league almost played for the title. In 2002 Iowa was a Miami loss away from playing OSU for the title. In 2006 Michigan and Ohio State almost played for the title. Its not like this is the first time this ahs been a possibility. Lets wait and see what happens. In 2006 the pollsters dropped Michigan behind Florida to ensure a rematch didnt happen. Not saying that will happen here but it wouldnt shock me if it did. Especially if a team like Okie State puts the hammer down on the Sooners this weekend. Or if VT annihilates the Tigers.

I agree.