• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business playing in the.....

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...national championship game"

-this was said in 2003 after Oklahoma was obliterated by KSU in the Big XII title game.......

Does anyone know who said it?

So I'll tell the St Louis Cardinals they didn't win the World Series, yeah Rangers, and the Green Bay Packers didn't win the Super Bowl. Neither could have won it because they didn't win their conference or division title.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll tell the St Louis Cardinals they didn't win the World Series, yeah Rangers, and the Green Bay Packers didn't win the Super Bowl. Neither could have won it because they didn't win their conference or division title.

You are a moron. Did the conference champion have a chance to win those titles??? :L Did they lose ON THE FIELD. :L

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had a PLAYOFF

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so when green bay beat chicago int the NFC conference championship that wasn't winning their conference?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but they had playoffs

when a championship game is selected and not played out on the field there should be no rematches and you should have to win your conference to get in

EvilVodka

Warlock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a little bit of a different situation...Green Bay got to play as a wildcard and went on to win the Super Bowl...

If the NFL had something similar to the BCS, Chicago would have gotten in over Green Bay, because they WON THAT DIVISION...Actually, the Super Bowl probably would have been Pittsburgh vs. Chicago

If college football had a 16 team playoff where all conference champs had a shot, and the top teams weren't dissected, then you'd have a case...

As it is right now, I think alot of sports writers are suddenly surprised that Alabama might actually be set for a rematch, above other teams that might actually win their conferences ...we all know Alabama is good, I think alot of people are watching these polls overrule the regular season, and are disgusted with it (yet again).

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, playoffs are awesome! I'm glad we all agree that college football does not have a playoff, and since every week is part of the "playoffs" of college football, Alabama won't play in week 14 and therefore has no business playing for the national championship. :wacko:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a little bit of a different situation...Green Bay got to play as a wildcard and went on to win the Super Bowl...

If the NFL had something similar to the BCS, Chicago would have gotten in over Green Bay, because they WON THAT DIVISION...Actually, the Super Bowl probably would have been Pittsburgh vs. Chicago

If college football had a 16 team playoff where all conference champs had a shot, and the top teams weren't dissected, then you'd have a case...
--> will never happen
As it is right now, I think alot of sports writers are suddenly surprised that Alabama might actually be set for a rematch, above other teams that might actually win their conferences ...we all know Alabama is good, I think alot of people are watching these polls overrule the regular season, and are disgusted with it (yet again).

The teams for the 16 team playoff in a few years have already been decided:
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Mrs. State
Ole Miss
UGA
Georgia Southern
Florida
Urban Meyer
Southern Cal
Texas AM
Missouri
Arkansas
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Kentucky

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saban said that in 2003 tho, times have changed...i watched bama wallop two decent teams and i am sold...if boise would schedule just one more big team in a season they deserve an nc shot too...altho in their defense they did play and beat an sec championship game participant, which is more than alabama can say

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Mrs. State
Ole Miss
UGA
Georgia Southern
Florida
Urban Meyer
Southern Cal
Texas AM
Missouri
Arkansas
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
i lolled!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Mrs. State
Ole Miss
UGA
Georgia Southern
Florida
Urban Meyer
Southern Cal
Texas AM
Missouri
Arkansas
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Kentucky

YES! My team made the cut...
oh wait

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saban said that in 2003 tho, times have changed...i watched bama wallop two decent teams and i am sold...if boise would schedule just one more big team in a season they deserve an nc shot too...altho in their defense they did play and beat an sec championship game participant, which is more than alabama can say

no, his situation has changed

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a moron. Did the conference champion have a chance to win those titles??? :L Did they lose ON THE FIELD. :L

Yeah they lost it on the field during the regular season. The conference champions also played, the Chicago Bears and the Milwaukee Brewers. Therefore under you're premise, whoever wins the Big East should be considered ahead of Alabama. Makes sense, eh moron.