• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone think that Chip Kelly ...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went 20-12 in his first two years after inheriting a 4-12 trainwreck roster of malcontents

I give the benefit of the doubt

it will take a little bit of time to get rid of all the clubhouse distractions that got Andy Reid fired.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is year 3 isn't it? And with Chips players. He has exactly ZERO excuses for not winning big this year. I see a hard year for Eagles fans this year. I am thinking a red hot start, with a late season lag that ends them around 9-7 at best.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is year 3 isn't it? And with Chips players. He has exactly ZERO excuses for not winning big this year.

Funny. I look up and down the roster, and I still see a ton of Howie Roseman and Andy Reid players. This was Chip's first offseason with control over draft picks and free agent signings. So exactly how do you figure these are all "Chips players" after only one offseason of rebuilding?

That has to be some sort of record for fastest team rebuild in NFL history.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. I look up and down the roster, and I still see a ton of Howie Roseman and Andy Reid players. This was Chip's first offseason with control over draft picks and free agent signings. So exactly how do you figure these are all "Chips players" after only one offseason of rebuilding?

That has to be some sort of record for fastest team rebuild in NFL history.

There will still be some players not acquired on Chips watch. But you know exactly what I mean, so your game of semantics means that you have no leg left to stand on. You are arguing from a position of weakness if you have to stoop to such low loevels. And Chip is in his 3rd offseason, is he not?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is year 3 isn't it? And with Chips players. He has exactly ZERO excuses for not winning big this year. I see a hard year for Eagles fans this year. I am thinking a red hot start, with a late season lag that ends them around 9-7 at best.

LOL Of the 32 teams in the league, how many "win big" in a given year?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Of the 32 teams in the league, how many "win big" in a given year?

One. And how many win big by being all offense and no defense. Maybe I will care enough later to actually look up how many SB winners were in the bottom 3 of the time of possession stat. I'm willing to be zero.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One. And how many win big by being all offense and no defense. Maybe I will care enough later to actually look up how many SB winners were in the bottom 3 of the time of possession stat. I'm willing to be zero.

Well if only one team wins big each year, then it doesn't make much sense to me to think that any team has "zero excuse for not winning big", since that is saying that a team should expect to certainly win the SB.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if only one team wins big each year, then it doesn't make much sense to me to think that any team has "zero excuse for not winning big", since that is saying that a team should expect to certainly win the SB.

Ah, for the Eagles winning big would be a deep playoff run. I don't think he makes the playoffs, but if they do then they're not going further than their first game because of their style.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And got beat early in the playoffs, as everyone has said.

And the offense was not the biggest problem (and last season it definitely was not). And he has upgraded the offense this season, and the defense as well. At least that is what it has been looking like so far.

Yes, the lopsided TOP against is something to look at and keep an eye on. But it is not the be-all - end-all.

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will still be some players not acquired on Chips watch. But you know exactly what I mean, so your game of semantics means that you have no leg left to stand on. You are arguing from a position of weakness if you have to stoop to such low loevels. And Chip is in his 3rd offseason, is he not?

I'm the Eagles fan who actually follows the team, yet somehow I'm the one arguing from a point of weakness? K. Whatever you say big guy.

And yes, it's Chip's 3rd season as coach. But only his first as GM in control of player personnel moves. Is there a point you're trying to make? Do they all magically become Chips players in his 3rd year, regardless of who drafted them?

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now go count all the players drafted under Howie's regime and see how many of those still remain. Funny how so many were kicked to the curb as soon as Chip got full control this offseason. Which only further proves my point. Chip is in year 1 of a rebuild that he no doubt wanted to start when he first took the job. But somehow, after only one offseason, they're now all players that Chip wanted, and he now has zero excuses? Yeah, ok.

Dr-House-262x300.jpg

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt realize that soooo many people hate the Eagles. We got 3 Cowboy fans telling us how much we suck. INTERESTING.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt realize that soooo many people hate the Eagles. We got 3 Cowboy fans telling us how much we suck. INTERESTING.
Why are you surprised that Boys fans bear your Eagles no love?

I sure as shit don't expect any love from them as a skins fan.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you surprised that Boys fans bear your Eagles no love?

I sure as shit don't expect any love from them as a skins fan.

Yeah, I guess I shouldnt expect rival teams to be objective. Thats what makes this board so great... no one being objective.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess I shouldnt expect rival teams to be objective. Thats what makes this board so great... no one being objective.
You're just being silly now. Carry on.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just being silly now. Carry on.

Whats silly about that. Im getting absolutely crucified on the Cowboys board for stating Beasley is mediocre. I mean I said Romo, Witten, the OLine, Dez, and others are fantastic, but you question one 2 catch a game receiver and I get pummeled.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats silly about that. Im getting absolutely crucified on the Cowboys board for stating Beasley is mediocre. I mean I said Romo, Witten, the OLine, Dez, and others are fantastic, but you question one 2 catch a game receiver and I get pummeled.
First, don't expect rivals to agree with you on their team board.

Second, who's to decide what's objective? An opinion is just that, not right or wrong nor necessarily objective.

Third, here on the General Board and in this thread, I've seen posters lauding the Eagles and CK.