• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone think that Chip Kelly ...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are closer then I am to them
its from the wildfires out east....the wind brought them over the cascades. You can usually see Mt Hood and the mountain ranges from certain areas on the road, but you cant see anything on the horizon...not even the west hills.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will work for a few games then the constant beating his team takes with all those hits will start to wear on the teams health.

Wait... Chip had the #2 O in the NFL in 2013 then had the #5 O in the NFL with his 2nd string QB and an OLine that was decimated by injuries... but this year the O wont be good cause they'll get tackled too much? Makes no sense to me. The Eagles problem last year was they had the worst secondary Ive ever seen on a pro team, it sure wasnt from them getting worn out.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to back 10-6 seasons with a division championship after only 2 seasons of taking over a 4-12 team. He's obviously doing something right.

Agreed. The reason I started this thread, though, is that so many posters expressed the belief that Kelly's personnel moves this offseason would destroy the Eagles. I'm not trying to crown them SB champs two games into the preseason, but I think they could be pretty good.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The reason I started this thread, though, is that so many posters expressed the belief that Kelly's personnel moves this offseason would destroy the Eagles. I'm not trying to crown them SB champs two games into the preseason, but I think they could be pretty good.

It's still preseason, I'll give it about four weeks before 1/4 of that ream in sitting on IR.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still preseason, I'll give it about four weeks before 1/4 of that ream in sitting on IR.

Perhaps you are right. Then again, perhaps you are less than unbiased in your opinion of a divisional rival. LOL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you are right. Then again, perhaps you are less than unbiased in your opinion of a divisional rival. LOL

Look at the guys he picked up. Injury concern after injury concern. On top of that he wants to run 80 plays a game. I will be completely shocked if that team isn't near the lead with injuries.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the guys he picked up. Injury concern after injury concern. On top of that he wants to run 80 plays a game. I will be completely shocked if that team isn't near the lead with injuries.

One thing: Over the last two seasons combined, the Eagles were the healthiest team in the league (IIRC in 2013 1st, in 2014 5th), and supposedly it is not even close.

So there is no reason (yet) to suggest things will be drastically different.

The team has been very good at reducing soft-tissue injuries. And for quite a few of the other type of injuries, there is little you can do to prevent them. There seems to be little actual evidence for the 'injury prone' label being justified for many of these injuries (ACL/MCL, broken legs and such), and more related to bad luck than anything. And there have been a number of players who stated that they feld better far into the season than before they ran into Kelly's sports science program - Cary Williams being one of the few exceptions (and the only one who has spoken out).

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he does know what he is doing. I also believe he misses the college game. Not so much the game, as much as the athletes he is coaching.

I still did not know when I asked the other day when he was accused by a black player of NOT UNDERSTANDING BLACK CULTURE, what that player meant by CULTURE.

No one attempted to explain. I wonder what he meant. Is it that hard to imagine?

Anyway, I am pretty sure he wants and will insist that he surrounds himself with players that do not UNDERMINE the process. Hence the reason we probably did not see him cutting a Riley Cooper, who is one of the main reasons he is called a racist. Cooper may have screwed up while shouting that iky word, but I will bet anything he is not undermining the process in any way.

Chip Kelly is going to give this a shot in the NFL and I am sure he is determined to do it his way. That way if he fails, he can say he did do it his way. If he fails and he knew he was not able to implement his system due to high priced arrogant athletes, he may not forgive himself. At least this way, he will be able to say he did do it his way.

BTW, Chip Kelly's quote, "Culture beats scheme" is catching on.

Chip Kelly's "Culture Beats Scheme" quote is now being used as Notre Dame football's motto - Bleeding Green Nation

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip has alway silenced his critics in the past and will again now, to say he can't win in the pro's shows you know nothing about football since he's amased a 20-12 regular season pro coaching record and a division crown in just two years in the pro's while retooling/rebuilding the team to his specifications. Keep on talking shit you'll only look more stupid as he continues to win!

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles' season is going to ride on the success of Sam Bradford and whether or not he can stay healthy. I would suggest to Chip Kelly to forgo the read-option play to avoid shots like the one Suggs took against Bradford yesterday, or once again Bradford will go to the DL.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes right now he has looked like the moves have made a big difference, but the Ravens were ripping big chunks of runs off in the first drive, ( that wasn't good) then there is the whole who is #2 behind Bradford? And can they compete against a true number one NFL defense?

It's way to early but as a fan I'm excited to see it unfold....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if that happens, (injuries) he'll still have Murray to run the rock......:thumb:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early, but if they avoid injuries at QB and a few other positions they have a chance to be very good. The defense is going to be better. They were without all three top ILBs last night and still played pretty well.

It all comes down to the health of Bradford because with Sanchez it's probably still 8-8 or 9-7 for Chip.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes right now he has looked like the moves have made a big difference, but the Ravens were ripping big chunks of runs off in the first drive, ( that wasn't good) then there is the whole who is #2 behind Bradford? And can they compete against a true number one NFL defense?

It's way to early but as a fan I'm excited to see it unfold....

You do realize they didn't start any of their linebackers last night leading to the big chunks of yards during runs, right??

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly Kelly has at least some idea what he's doing. However, I still think the issue with his offensive approach will be turnovers at the pro level....unless he finds the perfect QB to run it, and I'm not sure Bradford is that guy.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize they didn't start any of their linebackers last night leading to the big chunks of yards during runs, right??

Yes and yes after a couple runs they did shut it down, ( Graham tracking down the line for the lose was nice)
Acho love this kid, but he was getting sucked in and couldn't get off the blocks....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very curious to see what the Eagles will do this year. They are a complete wild card. I don't think preseason performances mean anything at all.

I have a number of doubts that the Kelly system can succeed in the NFL. I think it is just too grueling.