• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone think that Chip Kelly ...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everybody keeps saying it the health of Bradford I disagree its the health of the RB's that can keep the defense honest and help keep them off Bradford by grinding up good chunks of yardage on 1st and 2nd down leaving a short 3rd and X opposed to 3rd and 6 or more. Keeping Bradford out of having to pass for the first down all the time.

Chip has assembled his team his way with some injury prone players it will be interesting to watch how it unfolds

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everybody keeps saying it the health of Bradford I disagree its the health of the RB's that can keep the defense honest and help keep them off Bradford by grinding up good chunks of yardage on 1st and 2nd down leaving a short 3rd and X opposed to 3rd and 6 or more. Keeping Bradford out of having to pass for the first down all the time.

Chip has assembled his team his way with some injury prone players it will be interesting to watch how it unfolds

Real interesting considering how many play they will run in his system.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask a few NFL Head Coaches about Chip Kelly. Bill Belichick will tell you without hesitation that Kelly is a football genius. He was the inventor of the "spread" offense and the "Hurry Up". He understands what is required to make certain things work flawlessly.

He wants a certain type player with a certain type of attitude and if a player doesn't want to play football the way Kelly designs his offense, he's gone.......like McCoy, like Foles.

I met him once. He's mesmerizing when he starts talking about football. It's like a movie you just don't want to ever end. He talks to his audience at a level they can understand and never does he ever try to make you think that he's smarter than you are.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask a few NFL Head Coaches about Chip Kelly. Bill Belichick will tell you without hesitation that Kelly is a football genius. He was the inventor of the "spread" offense and the "Hurry Up". He understands what is required to make certain things work flawlessly.

He wants a certain type player with a certain type of attitude and if a player doesn't want to play football the way Kelly designs his offense, he's gone.......like McCoy, like Foles.

I met him once. He's mesmerizing when he starts talking about football. It's like a movie you just don't want to ever end. He talks to his audience at a level they can understand and never does he ever try to make you think that he's smarter than you are.

Unfortunately the spread offense has been going on for over 90 years and hurry up over 100 years. Kelly was coaching at NH when Belichick met him

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the jury is still out on Chip. Saban and Spurrier were great college coaches but didn't fare well and returned humbled, same as Pitino in NBA. College and pros are 2 different animals.
Yeah...like Pete Carrol and Jimmy Johnson?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...like Pete Carrol and Jimmy Johnson?

Yep didn't say every college coach was a bust, just a different animal. You can yell at and intimidate collge kids, but things change when your trying that with $$$$$$ men , sometimes the coaches lose

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottomline on Kelly is this, if they have an OL that stays healthy and runs blocks really well then his offense will be a deep running game..... He's got a stable full of backs and they can be the best running game in the league this season...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
might know a little bit about what he's doing? Lots of people are convinced that his personnel moves were tearing the Eagles apart. Still very early and it's obviously only preseason, but the Eagles look pretty good to me.

He got the best spread QB in collegiate history (and who also throws the ball like Aaron Rodgers) to run his offense and signed the NFL's leading rusher last season (also played at Oklahoma' in college).

I wouldn't be shocked if they put up 500 pts on offense this year

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it sounds like Belicheck thinks Mike Leach is a genius too. Same deal, perfected the spread/hurry up and put up huge numbers

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got the best spread QB in collegiate history (and who also throws the ball like Aaron Rodgers) to run his offense and signed the NFL's leading rusher last season (also played at Oklahoma' in college).

I wouldn't be shocked if they put up 500 pts on offense this year
So far the spread offense hasn't been that effective in the pros. Baylor, Texas Tech, Oregon, Utah etc Qb's haven't fared that well. But I agree I could see Chip Kelly have that offense putting up some serious no#s

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is committed to the read option for Bradford?

I doubt it.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip has alway silenced his critics in the past and will again now, to say he can't win in the pro's shows you know nothing about football since he's amased a 20-12 regular season pro coaching record and a division crown in just two years in the pro's while retooling/rebuilding the team to his specifications. Keep on talking shit you'll only look more stupid as he continues to win!
Silenced who? How many championships has he won in college or the pros?

Stacking up wins in the regular season means nothing if you can't do it when it counts. Also, if I remember correctly, last year most of the Eagles wins came against below .500 teams.

I have said this numerous times. The Eagles fast break offense reminds me of the Suns with Mike D'antoni. His philosophy was take a shot in 10 seconds or less and outscore the opponent. They would win 60 games during the regular season and beat the lesser teams by 20 points per game. However when it came to the playoffs, the physical, defensive minded teams would dominate them. Where is Mike D'antoni now?

Chips gimmick offense will stack up some wins against lesser teams, but when it comes to winning championships, I don't see it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stacking up wins in the regular season means nothing if you can't do it when it counts. Also, if I remember correctly, last year most of the Eagles wins came against below .500 teams.

I have said this numerous times. The Eagles fast break offense reminds me of the Suns with Mike D'antoni. His philosophy was take a shot in 10 seconds or less and outscore the opponent. They would win 60 games during the regular season and beat the lesser teams by 20 points per game. However when it came to the playoffs, the physical, defensive minded teams would dominate them. Where is Mike D'antoni now?

Chips gimmick offense will stack up some wins against lesser teams, but when it comes to winning championships, I don't see it.

Nailed it. Chip is a gimmick coach. You can't have an NFL defense on the field 70% of the game and be successful. you can win regular season playing that way, but no way you win in the playoffs. Which is why Chip and the Eagles are a perfect match.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it. Chip is a gimmick coach. You can't have an NFL defense on the field 70% of the game and be successful. you can win regular season playing that way, but no way you win in the playoffs. Which is why Chip and the Eagles are a perfect match.
I lived it during the Nash MVP years. So much hope but then always being let down in the end. I hope the Eagles fans are prepared for that.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been closer to 55% the past two years, but carry on.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived it during the Nash MVP years. So much hope but then always being let down in the end. I hope the Eagles fans are prepared for that.
I always like Crosby, Stills and Nash and Young too

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is committed to the read option for Bradford?

I doubt it.

^^^^THIS

If they continue with the read options and you have knuckleheads like Suggs, I think Bradford is gonna get blasted.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will work for a few games then the constant beating his team takes with all those hits will start to wear on the teams health.

I think that may be the case with Bradford, but I don't see how it's any different than any other team as far as injuries go...It happens to all teams and I think it falls on the conditioning and position coaches for not doing a good enough job when a team is decimated with injuries....

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he will go through 3 QBs if he is committed to the read option.