• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone think that Chip Kelly ...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Classic Cowboy's fan living in the past.

Haha, so the most recent results we have is "living in the past". I guess we could be playing all out in order to win preseason games, and then boast about them like Philly :pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask a few NFL Head Coaches about Chip Kelly. Bill Belichick will tell you without hesitation that Kelly is a football genius. He was the inventor of the "spread" offense and the "Hurry Up". He understands what is required to make certain things work flawlessly.

He wants a certain type player with a certain type of attitude and if a player doesn't want to play football the way Kelly designs his offense, he's gone.......like McCoy, like Foles.

I met him once. He's mesmerizing when he starts talking about football. It's like a movie you just don't want to ever end. He talks to his audience at a level they can understand and never does he ever try to make you think that he's smarter than you are.

Ummm...How old is Kelly exactly?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so. I don't remember any other team getting rid of their entire starting offensive unit in the span of 2 years, but maybe that is just me.

He tried to keep Maclin. Wasn't in the cards, but the money invested at WR is at a minimum now and they are still plenty talented at the position. And so what if he saw a chance to get a young linebacker for his RB with 500 more carries on his body than the talented guy he replaced him with? These moves helped to shift resources to improve the defense. He traded offense for defense and trusts himself with the offense. A sound move.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the same "everyone" that said he would fail miserably in the NFL, and would be back to coaching college by now? :noidea:

Did everyone say that? I thought a lot of NFL fans felt he would have to change things up, but had enough of a mind for the game that he would be able to. I for one disagree with a lot of what he does, but feel he may do a better job of getting his offensive play makers isolated than any coach in the league.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so. I don't remember any other team getting rid of their entire starting offensive unit in the span of 2 years, but maybe that is just me.

Denver tried in 2009-2010. It didn't go so hot.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles will be competitive early in the season, and fall flat late in the year.

So NOT like Kelly's first season when all the players were new to his way of conditioning? Not like that year when they finished the year 7-1 and only lost on a Tuesday night game?

It's one thing for you guys to have opinions that are proven wrong, but it's even worse when you guys try to explain yourselves and the statements can't even hold up to some rudimentary logic.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tried to keep Maclin. Wasn't in the cards, but the money invested at WR is at a minimum now and they are still plenty talented at the position. And so what if he saw a chance to get a young linebacker for his RB with 500 more carries on his body than the talented guy he replaced him with? These moves helped to shift resources to improve the defense. He traded offense for defense and trusts himself with the offense. A sound move.

I was just replying to your comment that he hasn't done anything that every other team has done, which I don't remember any team that in 2 years ditched their starting QB, RB, WR1 and WR2.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, so the most recent results we have is "living in the past". I guess we could be playing all out in order to win preseason games, and then boast about them like Philly :pound:

This whole thread is about this season. Wake up, it's 2015.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said San Antonio was the extent of Cowboy country, did I? Not sure why that's what you got out my comment. :noidea:

What I got from your comment was that the sports guys in SAT need to stick with basketball :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So NOT like Kelly's first season when all the players were new to his way of conditioning? Not like that year when they finished the year 7-1 and only lost on a Tuesday night game?

It's one thing for you guys to have opinions that are proven wrong, but it's even worse when you guys try to explain yourselves and the statements can't even hold up to some rudimentary logic.

So let me get this straight...talk about the most recent season is off limits because it is the past. But talk about two seasons ago is fair game.

Someone help me out here, did I get that right? Last season we aren't allowed to talk about. We just need to exclude the most recent real life examples in favor of something that happened before that. :L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thread is about this season. Wake up, it's 2015.

Except when it is about 2013 like you just said. Forget how the Eagles completely fell apart late last season. No, just focus on 2013.

What a crock.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. I look up and down the roster, and I still see a ton of Howie Roseman and Andy Reid players. This was Chip's first offseason with control over draft picks and free agent signings. So exactly how do you figure these are all "Chips players" after only one offseason of rebuilding?

That has to be some sort of record for fastest team rebuild in NFL history.

And Dallas fans that aren't allowed to bring up the past giggle at this comment while thinking about what happened after 1989...

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I live in ACTUAL Cowboys country and never once heard that he wouldn't make it "but 1 or 2 years". maybe that is why your talking heads are in SAT and not DFW.

Sam is a Chip player because he was acquired by Chip. He has no one to blame but himself if he doesn't fit or if his plan to flip fell through. I wonder who exactly you think made the call to acquire Bradford it if weren't Chip.

K. I don't think you really believe that Chip only acquired Bradford as trade bait. Not at all. Chip is the kind of guy who doesn't even take a dump without a plan. Yet somehow you believe he traded for Bradford without even knowing if he had a willing trade partner to complete the plan? Yeah right. No way you can truly believe that nonsense. I hope not anyway. Maybe people like you go into a plan half-assed, but guys like Chip Kelly don't.

I think you're just trying to leave yourself room for excuses later. I think you're scared that Bradford will turn into a great qb in Chip's system, and you want to be able to come back and say it's all a fluke since Chip never wanted Bradford to begin with.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think you're just trying to leave yourself room for excuses later. I think you're scared that Bradford will turn into a great qb in Chip's system, and you want to be able to come back and say it's all a fluke since Chip never wanted Bradford to begin with"

Gotta love these philly fans...they have Dallas fans all figured out

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has upgraded the offense this season

I don't agree. We all have our own opinions, but I think Foles is better than Bradford, I think McCoy is still one of the best RBs in the league and just had a bad year, I think your OL will be worse and I think Maclin was a big loss that you can't just expect to fill with rookies and young guys. Your team may certainly end up better, but I'm not sure you can say you upgraded the Offense at this point.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight...talk about the most recent season is off limits because it is the past. But talk about two seasons ago is fair game.

Someone help me out here, did I get that right? Last season we aren't allowed to talk about. We just need to exclude the most recent real life examples in favor of something that happened before that. :L

No, you didn't get that right. The problem you are having here is following your own web of bullshit. Let me help you sift through some of what's put you into a pretzel. You said that the Eagles will fail down the stretch because Chip's defense will be tired and for some reason the example of 2013 eludes you... Probably because it doesn't fit with the fake narrative you've tried to spin here. Do you get it yet?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except when it is about 2013 like you just said. Forget how the Eagles completely fell apart late last season. No, just focus on 2013.

What a crock.

You claimed his defenses would be tired and they weren't in 2013. They weren't in 2014 either, they were simply exposed as the worst secondary in the league which was mostly expected going into the season. It was a hole he didn't fix, but he did address it this offseason by spending for the top FA defensive back and drafting a top defensive back. These are just the facts. I don't expect you to let them form your narrative instead of your own misguided opinions.