• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone think that Chip Kelly ...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is speculation at this point because Chip is still a new coach. I still don't think chips fast-break offense will stick in the pros. It's only my opinion, and only time will tell.

The Patriots have been using it for a couple years now and they just won the Super Bowl.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn apart? That sounds like a locker room issue, so who knows. I'd say no he hasn't lost the locker room. However, I think he undersold a lot of talent and replaced it with questionable talent. I know I know..."his" guys for "his" system. Well, there are plenty of doubters to see if it works. Will be a telling season.

LOL Didn't mean "torn apart" to carry such emotional baggage! Rather, I mean "not competitive".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have been using it for a couple years now and they just won the Super Bowl.

Wait, I thought Eagle fans have told us that Chip invented the spread offense and this fast pace style. Now Chip is just rehashing BB's system? :dhd:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the same people who said he'd be long gone by now after NFL defenses proved that his "gimmick college offense" would never work against the big boys. He keeps proving all the armchair experts wrong, and they're starting to get mighty pissed about it. :pound:

LOL. Running the football with the RB is so gimmicky! These clueless guys are pretty funny.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't remember anyone saying he wouldn't be given 3 years. Well, this is year 3.

Not sure why you think what you remember should matter to me. I remember it well, even if you don't. :noidea: I live in Cowboys country (San Antonio), and most of their fans around here were happier than pigs in shit when the Eagles hired Kelly. The thought of feasting on that "college offense" for a season or two made most of them downright giddy when they called into the local sports radio station (760).

He has his players. Time to put up or shut up, Chip.

Wait a minute. Last night you were saying you were "100% convinced" that Chip only acquired Bradford as trade bait. How can he be a "Chip player" if he never wanted except as trade bait? How exactly does that make sense in your book? Methinks when it comes to the Eagles, you just like to do a lotta talkin out of your ass. smiley-laughing009.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Running the football with the RB is so gimmicky! These clueless guys are pretty funny.

Seems like if you have to come out and correct analysts (and members of your own team) as to what the type of play is (option or not)...it's gimmicky.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not following that at all,since I'm not at all mad. I do, however, disagree with the thought that you and others have expressed that Kelly is somehow looking to get back to college coaching. Rather, I think he wants to build something in Philly, and I'm not at all convinced that he is incapable of doing so.
you aren't falling the bouncing ball all that good.

I said Chip was ALL-IN this season knowing he has a great fall back plan to college football. I actually like Chip the football coach, reminds me of Jimmy to some degree

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you think what you remember should matter to me. I remember it well, even if you don't. :noidea: I live in Cowboys country (San Antonio), and most of their fans around here were happier than pigs in shit when the Eagles hired Kelly. The thought of feasting on that "college offense" for a season or two made most of them downright giddy when they called into the local sports radio station (760).

Wait a minute. Last night you were saying you were "100% convinced" that Chip only acquired Bradford as trade bait. How can he be a "Chip player" if he never wanted except as trade bait? How exactly does that make sense in your book? Methinks when it comes to the Eagles, you just like to do a lotta talkin out of your ass. View attachment 23305

Hmm, I live in ACTUAL Cowboys country and never once heard that he wouldn't make it "but 1 or 2 years". maybe that is why your talking heads are in SAT and not DFW.

Sam is a Chip player because he was acquired by Chip. He has no one to blame but himself if he doesn't fit or if his plan to flip fell through. I wonder who exactly you think made the call to acquire Bradford it if weren't Chip.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn apart? That sounds like a locker room issue, so who knows. I'd say no he hasn't lost the locker room. However, I think he undersold a lot of talent and replaced it with questionable talent. I know I know..."his" guys for "his" system. Well, there are plenty of doubters to see if it works. Will be a telling season.

You can't always keep all the expensive players. Chip made his choices. Jordan Mathews and Nelson Agholor aren't questionable talents, they are young talents. DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews aren't questionable talents, they are proven talents. These are guys that have produced at every level they've been at. Foles isn't any more talented than Bradford. You are fishing for a negative here where there is none. He hasn't really made any decisions that other organizations haven't been forced to make before at this level since the salary cap.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you aren't falling the bouncing ball all that good.

I said Chip was ALL-IN this season knowing he has a great fall back plan to college football. I actually like Chip the football coach, reminds me of Jimmy to some degree

Sorry for my inability to "follow the bouncing ball". If it's not too much to ask, would you please humor me and answer this question: Do you think that the offseason personnel moves that Kelly made this past offseason make the Eagles not competitive this year?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not following that at all,since I'm not at all mad. I do, however, disagree with the thought that you and others have expressed that Kelly is somehow looking to get back to college coaching. Rather, I think he wants to build something in Philly, and I'm not at all convinced that he is incapable of doing so.

Well they are hoping. They are quite scrrred. Their fear oozes out of them and all over their keyboards. They're a mess.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait a minute. Last night you were saying you were "100% convinced" that Chip only acquired Bradford as trade bait. How can he be a "Chip player" if he never wanted except as trade bait? How exactly does that make sense in your book? Methinks when it comes to the Eagles, you just like to do a lotta talkin out of your ass. View attachment 23305
Cowboy country is much more than San Antonio.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I thought Eagle fans have told us that Chip invented the spread offense and this fast pace style. Now Chip is just rehashing BB's system? :dhd:

You can act obtuse, but it mostly makes you look dumb. It was working for Chip. Belichick liked it. He ran it. He talked to Chip. He ran it some more. He won the Super Bowl.:clap:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::clap:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for my inability to "follow the bouncing ball". If it's not too much to ask, would you please humor me and answer this question: Do you think that the offseason personnel moves that Kelly made this past offseason make the Eagles not competitive this year?
don't know....much to be seen. On the surface, I'd say they should be competitive. Good Oline and runningbacks

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't always keep all the expensive players. Chip made his choices. Jordan Mathews and Nelson Agholor aren't questionable talents, they are young talents. DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews aren't questionable talents, they are proven talents. These are guys that have produced at every level they've been at. Foles isn't any more talented than Bradford. You are fishing for a negative here where there is none. He hasn't really made any decisions that other organizations haven't been forced to make before at this level since the salary cap.

If you say so. I don't remember any other team getting rid of their entire starting offensive unit in the span of 2 years, but maybe that is just me.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles will be competitive early in the season, and fall flat late in the year.