• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone think that Chip Kelly ...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I. And apparently we have seen quite a few different things last season.

Depending on what they say in public, and how they say it, then yes, it seems Chip is fine with it. Chip has also repeatedly said that - especially by the end of the season - players are put on an individual training regimen to keep them in the best shape possible, players are (almost) continuously monitored for their health (and questioned about them) during the season.

If truely there was such discontent about this aspect of Chip among the defense, it would have come out some time ago.

Also, Chip has an open door policy (unlike Reid), and has openly stated that if anyone thinks he has something of value to say to him, and can support his argument, he will listen - something that seemingly has been backed up so far (based on what coaches say, as well as Cary Williams' public statement, and IIRC even LeSean). Kelly has also openly and to some extent publicly apologized to his players when he turned out to be wrong (again involving McCoy). I have seen few people make the argument it was retaliation that got Wiliams or McCoy shown the door this season. And to some extent that even goes for Mathis and Boykin.

Would it be the smartest thing to do? No. But if it was as bad as you suggest it is, and players have so much trouble with the system then this would have gotten out into the press a while ago.

It does seem like every player that leaves the system has something negative to say about Chip.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not disputing that, nor am I discussing it. My teams defense being bad doesn't make yours any more able to stay on the field more than any other defense in the league.

The point being that if a defense sucks it doesn't really matter how long they're on the field. You think a healthy Seahakws defense would have a big problem with an extra possession or two a game? They might even score more... like the Eagles defense.:eek:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point being that if a defense sucks it doesn't really matter how long they're on the field. You think a healthy Seahakws defense would have a big problem with an extra possession or two a game? They might even score more... like the Eagles defense.:eek:

So let me get this right, if a defense sucks...it doesn't matter how many times a game or how long they are on the field.

Seems to me that Dallas completely proved that wrong last year. our defense sucked, and it was covered up because our offense was able to keep that sucky defense off the field.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you break it down by yards and points per possession, the Eagles offense last year was 14th in yards per drive last year and 13th in points per drive.

Last year they were an average offense that played fast. In 2013 they were a much better offense
even though they scored 30 points less over the course of the season.

What we see in 2015 is going to be interesting. I just don't see how they replicate 2013 with their OL in flux having had to replace both OG's and no WR as good as Maclin or Jackson on the roster.

Just like the rest of the league, the performance of the QB has a huge affect on all of that. I wanted Teddy, but that's besides the point. Chip looked around and found himself Sam Bradford. If nothing else, I'd suspect Chip certainly feels more comfortable about whose hands his offense is in now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem like every player that leaves the system has something negative to say about Chip.

Cary Williams said that while he was still here. What did Maclin say? I must have missed it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cary Williams said that while he was still here. What did Maclin say? I must have missed it.
Where did I say "every player does say something"?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this right, if a defense sucks...it doesn't matter how many times a game or how long they are on the field.

Seems to me that Dallas completely proved that wrong last year. our defense sucked, and it was covered up because our offense was able to keep that sucky defense off the field.

Wow the Cowboys won the Super Bowl? I didn't see that. What year is it?

If the defense sucks it sucks, and it will give up points to lose on the last drive on almost every chance they get. No matter if that's drive 11 or drive 12.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the Cowboys won the Super Bowl? I didn't see that. What year is it?

If the defense sucks it sucks, and it will give up points to lose on the last drive on almost every chance they get. No matter if that's drive 11 or drive 12.

Good grief you aren't bright at all.

If they suck, you want to give them as few options to show that they suck as possible.

And WTF are you talking about SB's for?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say "every player does say something"?

I know, you said it seems like it to you. I'm not convinced that what things seem like to you are the things that actually happened, but I asked anyway.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, you said it seems like it to you. I'm not convinced that what things seem like to you are the things that actually happened, but I asked anyway.

I have no idea what every player that has left the Eagles says all the time. That is why I qualified it with "seems like", as in there are a lot of people that leave his system and have some hot sports opinions about him and his system.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- DeSean
- McCoy
- Cary Williams (arguably)

And mostly some ESPN losers pushing the racism card. Something which was immediately spoken out against by team members.

Players who did not say anything negative about Kelly (other than what is clear disappointment in getting let go):

- Cole (wanted to finish his career here)
- Avant (wanted to finish his career here)
- Herremans (wanted to finish his career here)
- Vick
- Fletcher
- Nate Allen
- Mathis (who I think got played by his agent)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that is funny. One coach had success at one time. What is more funny is Eagle fans assuming that since a college coach did well for Dallas, it has any relevance on their own college coach.

Remember Jimmy won it all at the college level. Chip? Not so much.

Chip didn't win it all at the college level, but he was hardly a failure. He lost in the title game to an Auburn team with Cam Newton. After he left, the team he built with Mariota also played in the title game. Chip's general philosophy certainly worked at the college level. All we have yet to see is whether it can work at the pro level. So far, so good on that score. He went 10-6 two years running with Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief you aren't bright at all.

If they suck, you want to give them as few options to show that they suck as possible.

And in the end you'll lose on their last try whether you shortened the game or not.

Try to understand that the ball goes back and forth between the teams. If my offense is getting 4 points per drive and yours is getting 3 points per drive it's not going to matter how many total drives there are.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- DeSean
- McCoy
- Cary Williams (arguably)

And mostly some ESPN losers pushing the racism card. Something which was immediately spoken out against by team members.

Players who did not say anything negative about Kelly (other than what is clear disappointment in getting let go):

- Cole (wanted to finish his career here)
- Avant (wanted to finish his career here)
- Herremans (wanted to finish his career here)
- Vick
- Fletcher
- Nate Allen
- Mathis (who I think got played by his agent)

Well, guess it's another case of "squeaky wheel". My mistake

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the end you'll lose on their last try whether you shortened the game or not.

Try to understand that the ball goes back and forth between the teams. If my offense is getting 4 points per drive and yours is getting 3 points per drive it's not going to matter how many total drives their are.

:L

So that goes back to "enjoy losing 45-42". Sounds like all their defense has to do is stop your team.

Whatever, anyone with a brain that read what I wrote gets it. Maybe one day you will too. Until then keep hoping for injuries for players.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that goes back to "enjoy losing 45-42". Sounds like all their defense has to do is stop your team.

Or winning 45-42. Same with our defense. And we have a big play defense that is improved from last year. Best special teams in the league too.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, guess it's another case of "squeaky wheel". My mistake

No bad here - has a whole lot to do with the way the media handles Chip Kelly. My guess is the same would happen to me when talking about the Dallas Cowboys and whatever is going on within that organization.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip didn't win it all at the college level, but he was hardly a failure. He lost in the title game to an Auburn team with Cam Newton. After he left, the team he built with Mariota also played in the title game. Chip's general philosophy certainly worked at the college level. All we have yet to see is whether it can work at the pro level. So far, so good on that score. He went 10-6 two years running with Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez.

Too funny....27 Td's & 2 Ints in 13 games

you chip ball washers can put all that in Bradford, but I ain't buying. It is good however to see the eagle fans all giddy....reminds me of this time last year with Foles