• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone still follow college basketball?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things are consistent on the hoop with basketball fans.

1) The ignorance of really good defense
2) Stat geeks love some offensive stats

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well their offense got D’d the hell up and got lockdown so I guess those skills need more work. Lol

Gonzaga’s skills aren’t why they lost. No team is more skilled than Gonzaga.

They lost because they got physically manhandled on both sides of the ball by a more athletic team and since they have been playing teams like Santa Clara all year, they couldn’t adjust quick enough.

I would love to see what a 7 game series might look like between these 2 teams.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga’s skills aren’t why they lost. No team is more skilled than Gonzaga.

They lost because they got physically manhandled on both sides of the ball by a more athletic team and since they have been playing teams like Santa Clara all year, they couldn’t adjust quick enough.

I would love to see what a 7 game series might look like between these 2 teams.

game 2 would be closer. Maybe. But great defense like that always gonna come out on top with guards like that as well. You do realize that game was never close? They got stomped because Zags couldn’t do anything offensively with those lesser skills lol

I love the offensive stat geeks here. Crax me up

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple...

great defense beats great offense. You just witnessed it

And it can actually get rather ugly no matter what kind of skills the offense has LMAO. Get it in the bucket or get beat down

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game 2 would be closer. Maybe. But great defense like that always gonna come out on top with guards like that as well. You do realize that game was never close? They got stomped because Zags couldn’t do anything offensively with those lesser skills lol

I love the offensive stat geeks here. Crax me up

Since watching, I never once said that Gonzaga was better. Game 2 would definitely be closer. Definitely. Baylor was up 15 before Gonzaga knew what hit them. And yes I realize it wasn’t close. I watched it.

You do realize a team can be more skilled and inferior at the same time right?

Like Steph Curry is more skilled than Michael Jordan. That is fact. That doesn’t mean he is the better player, far from it. Just means he has a better offensive skill set.

But yeah, obviously there are other things that go into a making a player or a team great

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple...

great defense beats great offense. You just witnessed it

And it can actually get rather ugly no matter what kind of skills the offense has LMAO. Get it in the bucket or get beat down

No. It isn’t that simple at all.

The best teams are great on both ends. Baylor was great defensively and very good offensively. Gonzaga was great offensively but got exposed defensively in the Final 4. They were not nearly as good defensively as many people (including me) thought.

But make no mistake, if Baylor doesn’t hit all those 3s, it is a totally different ball game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s real simple unless you like to make things complicated.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since watching, I never once said that Gonzaga was better. Game 2 would definitely be closer. Definitely. Baylor was up 15 before Gonzaga knew what hit them. And yes I realize it wasn’t close. I watched it.

You do realize a team can be more skilled and inferior at the same time right?

Like Steph Curry is more skilled than Michael Jordan. That is fact. That doesn’t mean he is the better player, far from it. Just means he has a better offensive skill set.

But yeah, obviously there are other things that go into a making a player or a team great

Too bad skills mean Jack squat when you’re getting your ass D’d up huh. What happens to Skills then? Lmao

Hilarious. Are we playing by ourself now? Or is someone actually guarding this said skillful player

:L

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad skills mean Jack squat when you’re getting your ass D’d up huh. What happens to Skills then? Lmao

Hilarious. Are we playing by ourself now? Or is someone actually guarding this said skillful player

:L

Dude. You responded to my comment about Gonzaga being more skilled by using the result of the game as proof they weren’t.

That isn’t how it works.

Gonzaga is more skilled.

And they got beat down anyway because they got D’d up.

Both things can be true.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. You responded to my comment about Gonzaga being more skilled by using the result of the game as proof they weren’t.

That isn’t how it works.

Gonzaga is more skilled.

And they got beat down anyway because they got D’d up.

Both things can be true.

And now I’m here telling you obviously skills mean nothing when you can’t use them. That’s why great defense will always Trump great offense

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now I’m here telling you obviously skills mean nothing when you can’t use them. That’s why great defense will always Trump great offense

Not true at all.

Gonzaga scored 70 points and shot 51% from the field.

They had a horrible start, but let’s not act like they couldn’t score. Baylor’s great D held them below their averages by a good bit, but Gonzaga still scored enough points to beat most teams.

They got blown out because they allowed 16 offensive rebounds and Baylor hit 10 3s.

Really hard to win when your opponent takes 18 more field goal attempts. That had nothing to do with skill and everything to do with toughness, hustle and athleticism.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all.

Gonzaga scored 70 points and shot 51% from the field.

They had a horrible start, but let’s not act like they couldn’t score. Baylor’s great D held them below their averages by a good bit, but Gonzaga still scored enough points to beat most teams.

They got blown out because they allowed 16 offensive rebounds and Baylor hit 10 3s.

Really hard to win when your opponent takes 18 more field goal attempts. That had nothing to do with skill and everything to do with toughness, hustle and athleticism.

They were almost 25 points under their season average there Clark. That’s a helluva offense but skills can only do so much when a man is in your shorts as soon as you step across half court.

it’s reeeeel simple. Great offense got beat by a great defense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were almost 25 points under their season average there Clark. That’s a helluva offense but skills can only do so much when a man is in your shorts as soon as you step across half court.

it’s reeeeel simple. Great offense got beat by a great defense.

51% from the field man. That is still very good.

They were 25 points below their season average because they only shot the ball 49 times and they missed their open 3s. they didn’t get as many possessions because:

They turned the ball over 4 times more than average (credit to defense there)

AND they couldn’t get the ball back defensively. 16 offensive rebounds is a crazy number. Extended possessions for Baylor had as much or more to do with holding Gonzaga down than anything else.

A team who shoots 51% is not shut down. Sorry dude.

There are a lot of ways to lose a basketball game. But the rebounding disparity was the single greatest cause.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51% from the field man. That is still very good.

They were 25 points below their season average because they only shot the ball 49 times and they missed their open 3s. they didn’t get as many possessions because:

They turned the ball over 4 times more than average (credit to defense there)

AND they couldn’t get the ball back defensively. 16 offensive rebounds is a crazy number. Extended possessions for Baylor had as much or more to do with holding Gonzaga down than anything else.

A team who shoots 51% is not shut down. Sorry dude.

There are a lot of ways to lose a basketball game. But the rebounding disparity was the single greatest cause.

Baylor D is why they won. Period it’s stupid simple. Zags didn’t get a lot of open 3s and yeah they took less shots. Why? Turnovers? How does that happen? Defense maybe? Gutenesss gracious

you can spin all you want.

hell my hairstylist has mad skills. Lmao. But she doesn’t have a 6’5 dude tryna take her scissors

Skillssss lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so the story is.... again

defense wins championships

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so the story is.... again

defense wins championships
And how did that work out for the Rams against GB?

In any one and done game, anything can happen.

that is why we love March Madness, and NFL playoffs.

and Baylor shot better than they normally do as well. It happens. If they played a best of 7 series like the NBA, who knows what happens.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how did that work out for the Rams against GB?

In any one and done game, anything can happen.

that is why we love March Madness, and NFL playoffs.

and Baylor shot better than they normally do as well. It happens. If they played a best of 7 series like the NBA, who knows what happens.

And now only 1 game match up doesn’t mean anything. :L I saw the same kind of D from Baylor when they played Illinois earlier in DEC. no reason to think that was a fluke.

Rams didn’t stop the run. Been over this a few times. Not a great D

It definitely applies to all sports but even more so in b-ball. Stopping your opponent is pretty important LOL

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d even say that Tampa defense was better than the Rams late in the year when Devin White was playing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor D is why they won. Period it’s stupid simple. Zags didn’t get a lot of open 3s and yeah they took less shots. Why? Turnovers? How does that happen? Defense maybe? Gutenesss gracious

you can spin all you want.

hell my hairstylist has mad skills. Lmao. But she doesn’t have a 6’5 dude tryna take her scissors

Skillssss lol

You're arguing with yourself. No one has said Baylors defense wasn't the reason they won. In fact, it's the one thing everyone agrees on.

Nothing like posting something no one disagreed with, then trying to take a victory lap like you won the internet.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're arguing with yourself. No one has said Baylors defense wasn't the reason they won. In fact, it's the one thing everyone agrees on.

Nothing like posting something no one disagreed with, then trying to take a victory lap like you won the internet.

Ain’t nobody arguing. The internet loves to forget about defense. I’m the friendly reminder. Don’t hate the messenger, the Zags got lockdown. FG % proves absolutely nothing.

And I’m laughing at the skills comment. that was funny shit. Him tryna pitch his spin like the Zags were good by FG % alone.

I’m still picturing my hairstylist and her skills while a 6’5 dude tries to take her scissors

It’s just funny some of these b-ball nerds. Comedy is comedy

Last edited: