• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone have any experience with Sling TV or any of its brethren?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmm... I might have to think about it
Just so you know, Mobdro has its pros and cons. Its can be frustrating sometimes when it comes to using it to watch live tv. Check out some reviews online to get a better idea what to expect.

As far as the Amazon Fire Stick, I think its bust used for movies and watching shows on. The quality is 90% HD but it can be a pain in the ass having to deal with apps getting shut down but in the last year alone, the money we have saved on not having cable, not spending for movies, etc. is totally worth it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know, Mobdro has its pros and cons. Its can be frustrating sometimes when it comes to using it to watch live tv. Check out some reviews online to get a better idea what to expect.

As far as the Amazon Fire Stick, I think its bust used for movies and watching shows on. The quality is 90% HD but it can be a pain in the ass having to deal with apps getting shut down but in the last year alone, the money we have saved on not having cable, not spending for movies, etc. is totally worth it.

well that sucks! Thanks for heads up

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For NFL I go to reddit, find the most upvoted stream, and hook HDMI cable from TV to my laptop.. there is probably some way to cast it that I don't understand, but low tech works fine for me LOL.

Yeah, you're doing that the long way. Just use the silk browser on your firestick to go to reddit. Then save it to your favorites to make it easier next time. No computer needed.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried SlingTV. I thought it wasn't great for sports. They'd lay out all their football games in a selection format, but some games didn't appear, and i had to switch to another type of layout to find a game. On their schedule view, I don't think the names of the games appeared. Just "College Football", and you'd have to click on it to see who's playing. My PSVue experience was better.
I would try PS Vue but Sony is notorious for getting hacked and exposing your information.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use Sling, I turned off cable because I never watched anything on it besides sports so when a local company offered it, I went with unlimited data fiber to home. Sling has Sports South so I could watch Braves every night, so I took that with the Fiber. They have a buttload more channels now that when I signed up 3 years ago. Occasionally they offer freebies on HBO, Showtime, whatever else, but I don’t get that package, so have to wait till it’s free. Just as well, nothing but shit on those channels anyway. Coupled with Netflix and Amazon that I had already, I’m still paying less than slow as hell cable and also enjoy super fast unlimited data on fiber.

I have the base package and then the additional sports package. Blue and Orange. I think it runs me about $45 a month for Sling. Worth it in place of slow cable.