• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone have Sling Tv?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus they're charging me out the ass for stand alone internet. To get to 25-30Mb/sec would cost me $99/month plus taxes and fees.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TNT or no TNT with Sling?

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man, just unplug yourself!!!!!

Actually, Innermind is right and I didn't interpret what he said to be insulting to cord cutters.. just more of a reality check overall about how both sides are screwed either way (as things currently stand and are changing to prevent endless streaming).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 7 people in the household... three of those people (a 93 year-old WWII vet, a 2 year-old infant, and a 4-year-old toddler) don't stream anything and only watch cable TV.... two more people in the household are gaming addicts, and are constantly online with their games...
...and as far as I know, only two people are using Netflix, but I believe they are addicted to it. I have never used Netflix myself, heck I don't even know the Netflix password in our household.
As for myself, aside from three or four very short YouTube videos per week someone shares on the Hoop or Facebook, I don't stream any video other than if I happen to miss an episode of a broadcast TV program, so I might stream perhaps only one or two 1 hour programs per week.
So... the two people in our household using Netflix must be going nuts with it!

I just checked our October usage so far, and we are already up to 579 GB.... and it's only the 18th of the month... and that figure can be delayed by up to 24 hours, so our actual usage is probably closer to 600 GB.... so, we are probably on our way to another 1200 to 1300 Gb month!

The new Comcast/Xfinity one Terabyte monthly data limit begins November 1st in our area... with the first two months (November and December) being considered courtesy adjustment months when no overage charges will be placed on the bill. However, after the two month free adjustment period, the overage charge penalties will begin to kick-in beginning January.

Yikes!

Sounds like you use way less data than me, but your numbers are wayyyy higher. 5 people, all of us stream tv constantly and less than 500gb a month.

I even work at home and stream slingtv or youtube football games almost constantly. And although the content is lacking, from time to time I watch 4k netflix which requires 25mb/s streaming speeds.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playstation Vue is superior to Sling TV in nearly every single way. Way better Interface, Way more channels i pay 35 a month for every espn fox sports btn etc and am able to use Watch ESPN apps no problem. The 1 and only win column for Sling TV is the Device availability. I pay 75 a month for internet. 35 flat fee for PS Vue. I had Sling TV it was a non starter have had PS Vue now for 4+ months. I would suspect at some point Android TV will have the same app that is on Fire TV (i bought 3 fire tv's to start watching PS Vue)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playstation Vue is superior to Sling TV in nearly every single way. Way better Interface, Way more channels i pay 35 a month for every espn fox sports btn etc and am able to use Watch ESPN apps no problem. The 1 and only win column for Sling TV is the Device availability. I pay 75 a month for internet. 35 flat fee for PS Vue. I had Sling TV it was a non starter have had PS Vue now for 4+ months. I would suspect at some point Android TV will have the same app that is on Fire TV (i bought 3 fire tv's to start watching PS Vue)

I have stayed iwth playstation vue if not for the small device selection. If it ever comes to xbox( :lol: ) ...

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus they're charging me out the ass for stand alone internet. To get to 25-30Mb/sec would cost me $99/month plus taxes and fees.

Where do you live and what provider do you have ?

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it.

TNT is one I'd like to have with my Charter ROKU package. I get 5 HBO channels and every other standard channel except TNT. I want to watch Hawks basketball GD it.
I tacked on Sling for a month for SEC TV games, and it has TNT, so I'm safe for a few weeks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still leaning towards PSVue and using it as an excuse to get a PS4.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you use way less data than me, but your numbers are wayyyy higher. 5 people, all of us stream tv constantly and less than 500gb a month.

I even work at home and stream slingtv or youtube football games almost constantly. And although the content is lacking, from time to time I watch 4k netflix which requires 25mb/s streaming speeds.

OK.... after reading your comments I'm changing our WiFi password. Perhaps hackers with range extenders in our neighborhood were leaching our WiFi? The houses are pretty close together with small yards in my neighborhood, so it could be several homes near us who might be hacking us?

We shall see if this password change alters our data usage numbers.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GrjC7rG.png

Hate to burst anyones bubble, then again my situation is unique with tv on 2 tvs minimum and netflix on another at a minimum of 12 hours each per day PS Vue x 2 and Netflix usually 1 sometimes x2 My ISP recently raised my "cap" but they never enforced it previously anyway.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.... after reading your comments I'm changing our WiFi password. Perhaps hackers with range extenders in our neighborhood were leaching our WiFi? The houses are pretty close together with small yards in my neighborhood, so it could be several homes near us who might be hacking us?

How would they have gotten your password? Also, your router should have an app where you can always see who's signed onto your network (by device name) and can even send you alerts of new sign-ons.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would they have gotten your password? Also, your router should have an app where you can always see who's signed onto your network (by device name) and can even send you alerts of new sign-ons.
I seriously doubt anyone is on his router, from the sound of it netflix is likely the culprit especially if there are 2 heavy watchers. See my chart above that is my internet usage after i dropped cable completely in late may early june. If he was really worried he could change the pw to some long random password, turn on mac address filtering, and would likely be safe but 1300GB / month is not very much.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check your router for the devices that are listed and see if there are any that don't belong. Don't forget phones, laptops and all that shit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt anyone is on his router, from the sound of it netflix is likely the culprit especially if there are 2 heavy watchers. See my chart above that is my internet usage after i dropped cable completely in late may early june. If he was really worried he could change the pw to some long random password, turn on mac address filtering, and would likely be safe but 1300GB / month is not very much.

I wonder how I use so little then.