• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else...

cjs182848

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Think that it's possible to back to that form we had midway through the season? I was really hoping this last week was going to bring out the best in the team but outside of two good periods against the Caps our boys shit the bed. Pens game was an absolute joke as far as effort goes. Last night watching the B's game I just keep seeing one stupid blind or forced pass after the other, no consistant forcheck or backcheck, passing up shots by skill guys (mainly Giroux). I mean was it really that long ago we were watching these guys play smart, forcheck the hell outta people and dominate zone time? Can we get that back with only two weeks until playoffs?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think that it's possible to back to that form we had midway through the season? I was really hoping this last week was going to bring out the best in the team but outside of two good periods against the Caps our boys shit the bed. Pens game was an absolute joke as far as effort goes. Last night watching the B's game I just keep seeing one stupid blind or forced pass after the other, no consistant forcheck or backcheck, passing up shots by skill guys (mainly Giroux). I mean was it really that long ago we were watching these guys play smart, forcheck the hell outta people and dominate zone time? Can we get that back with only two weeks until playoffs?

I really don't know. I've tried to remain optimistic but they are pissing me off. I have a feeling the team thinks they'll be able to just turn it on once the playoffs start. I don't think it will be that easy and they'll be in for a rude awakening if they keep up the lazy, sloppy play.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger is the wild card for me. Our 7th sits and O'Donnell plays less. He needs to come back with a real mean streak.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger is the wild card for me. Our 7th sits and O'Donnell plays less. He needs to come back with a real mean streak.

I think he'll make a difference too. However, the forwards are the ones that have making me mad lately. Where the hell did the forecheck go?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the heck is the Breirre Leino Hartnell line go....i want to put their picture on a milk carton.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1967 Ed Snider patented the idea of having a hockey team underachieve for a chunk of each season. We are doing what we do every year. We are just doing it at the wrong time.

Can we get our shit together?

Hell yes

Will we?

The way I see it we will probably enter the playoffs going back, hobble through the first round, and then start growing into the team that we can be.

The only problem is that we can easily fuck up a good seeding.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pronger is over-rated on the ice (had to :D).. but hopefully his leadership will get these fuck-heads to play the game like they mean it, rather than looking like their bored of it

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pronger is over-rated on the ice (had to :D).. but hopefully his leadership will get these fuck-heads to play the game like they mean it, rather than looking like their bored of it

That first period yesterday was hilarious, both teams looked so disinterested.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the veteran leadership. There was an article the other day where Timonen just rips into JvR for lack of consistent effort, not an hour after he had a hat trick. Why the hell is Timonen calling out van Riemsdyk? Why is Pronger calling out Giroux? Who's calling out Richards and Versteeg and O'Donnell? Maybe they need to step back from the typical NHL seniority hierarchy and actually look at who's producing/giving effort and who's just cashing checks.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the veteran leadership. There was an article the other day where Timonen just rips into JvR for lack of consistent effort, not an hour after he had a hat trick. Why the hell is Timonen calling out van Riemsdyk? Why is Pronger calling out Giroux? Who's calling out Richards and Versteeg and O'Donnell? Maybe they need to step back from the typical NHL seniority hierarchy and actually look at who's producing/giving effort and who's just cashing checks.

:thumb:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
o hey guys, we're still losing arent we

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is not veteran leadership. The team is filled with it. Kimmo was right about JVR. Until JVR had that hat trick he was invisible for about a month. That is the definition of inconsistent. Also, turnovers will cost you a game...so any one who turns the puck over a lot (whether it's Giroux or Carcillo or who ever) should be called out for it. We have no idea what is said behind closed doors. There are things to be worried about on this team but lack of leadership is not one of them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont need anything but goals for and stops by our goalies and ther will be peace and harmony throughout that locker room.:boink::grouphug:

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is not veteran leadership. The team is filled with it. Kimmo was right about JVR. Until JVR had that hat trick he was invisible for about a month. That is the definition of inconsistent. Also, turnovers will cost you a game...so any one who turns the puck over a lot (whether it's Giroux or Carcillo or who ever) should be called out for it. We have no idea what is said behind closed doors. There are things to be worried about on this team but lack of leadership is not one of them.

But they're not. No one associated with the Flyers has said a peep about Richards or Versteeg or O'Donnell and their blatant turnovers.

We don't know what goes on behind doors, but that's not the issue. If everything was dealt with in private, I would have no problem. But they've already ripped Giroux publicly, and they ripped van Riemsdyk publicly. Why are they using the media to get their point across for those 2 and not the guys who don't give a shit anymore? If Giroux tries to be fancy, it's either a highlight reel scoring opportunity, or a turnover going the other way. If Richards or Versteeg tries to be fancy, it's guaranteed to be a turnover going the other way. And I'd say they all try to get fancy an equal number of times during a game. So why call out one guy through the media and not the other two? It doesn't make sense, which leads me to believe nothing is going on behind closed doors.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they're not. No one associated with the Flyers has said a peep about Richards or Versteeg or O'Donnell and their blatant turnovers.

We don't know what goes on behind doors, but that's not the issue. If everything was dealt with in private, I would have no problem. But they've already ripped Giroux publicly, and they ripped van Riemsdyk publicly. Why are they using the media to get their point across for those 2 and not the guys who don't give a shit anymore? If Giroux tries to be fancy, it's either a highlight reel scoring opportunity, or a turnover going the other way. If Richards or Versteeg tries to be fancy, it's guaranteed to be a turnover going the other way. And I'd say they all try to get fancy an equal number of times during a game. So why call out one guy through the media and not the other two? It doesn't make sense, which leads me to believe nothing is going on behind closed doors.

Well, that's incorrect. Pronger called Giroux out behind closed doors. He was yelling at him in the locker room. He was yelling so loud that the media could hear him from out side the room. That's not the same thing as going to the media to air grievances. My guess is that plenty is being said that we don't know about...from the coaches as well as the players.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ander, do you really believe that Versteeg, O'DOnnell and RIchards don't give a shit??? THat is just plain idiotic. I agree that RIchie and Versteeg need to be held to the same standard as others. O'Donnell too. BUt calling out a 39 year old 6th defenseman publicly can do no good whatsoever.