• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else...

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's incorrect. Pronger called Giroux out behind closed doors. He was yelling at him in the locker room. He was yelling so loud that the media could hear him from out side the room. That's not the same thing as going to the media to air grievances. My guess is that plenty is being said that we don't know about...from the coaches as well as the players.

If you remember, no one knew who Pronger was yelling at, until Holmgren, basically unprovoked by the media, said Pronger was directing that at Giroux. It seemed like Holmgren wanted to explicitly point out that Giroux was being yelled at.

But my main issue is that calling someone out through the media is a last resort. van Riemsdyk got called out after his hat trick. That would seem he got the message and didn't need to go to a last resort, which means this team going to the media is not a last resort. Meanwhile, the same guys go through the motions every game but they're not being called out publicly, which means if anything is said privately, it's not working. I think we can all agree van Riemsdyk and Giroux have been the most dangerous players on the ice the last few games, so going to the media, and not as a last resort, has worked. So why aren't they teeing off on the lazy veterans through the media?

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ander, do you really believe that Versteeg, O'DOnnell and RIchards don't give a shit??? THat is just plain idiotic. I agree that RIchie and Versteeg need to be held to the same standard as others. O'Donnell too. BUt calling out a 39 year old 6th defenseman publicly can do no good whatsoever.

I actually want O'Donnell benched. I agree calling him out specifically will do no good. Say it's a nagging injury, but make sure he knows his last month is unacceptable. My posts are more guided at Richards and Versteeg. Versteeg has earned nothing on this team so far. He is directly responsible for as many goals against as he's scored for us. He's 24. Call him out now so he learns. Same with Richards. He's been a turnover machine lately. He's only 25. They're still young enough to learn from their mistakes, but they're not held to the same accountability as others because one's new and the other wears the C.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am trying to credit alot of Versteeg's turnovers to being on a new team and all. He seems to skate with alot of energy and trying to make up for his sins. Plus, he has put the puck in the net. RIchie has been the team's worst forward over the last 10 games. He has no energy whatsoever. I don't get him sometimes. Maybe he is bi polar.
O'Donnell needs abreak, but with Kimmo hurting now too, it isn't going to happen until they clinch something.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People need to ease up on Richards. I'm sorry, but I just don't see how he's the worst forward on the ice or needs to be called out.

In March, he's tied for third on the team for points and is a +3. The only forward with as much ice time and a better +/- is Giroux (and Carter, who leads the team but has played a minute less per game).

If you prefer to look at a longer period, since the all star break he's a +1 (8th on the team overall, 6th among forwards (including Versteeg) with only Giroux, Carter and Briere having as much or more ice time) and has 15 points, which is 5th on the team.

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but watching him play doesn't make me think any different. Maybe that's just me. I don't get a pit in my stomach the way I do every time I see Carcillo on the ice or O'Donnell. Richards is sound defensively and takes some chances on offense that sometimes backfire. He's clearly not playing his best right now, but I don't think that's the same as being "the worst forward on the ice" or holding this team back, which is what people seem to be saying.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to ease up on Richards. I'm sorry, but I just don't see how he's the worst forward on the ice or needs to be called out.

In March, he's tied for third on the team for points and is a +3. The only forward with as much ice time and a better +/- is Giroux (and Carter, who leads the team but has played a minute less per game).

If you prefer to look at a longer period, since the all star break he's a +1 (8th on the team overall, 6th among forwards (including Versteeg) with only Giroux, Carter and Briere having as much or more ice time) and has 15 points, which is 5th on the team.

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but watching him play doesn't make me think any different. Maybe that's just me. I don't get a pit in my stomach the way I do every time I see Carcillo on the ice or O'Donnell. Richards is sound defensively and takes some chances on offense that sometimes backfire. He's clearly not playing his best right now, but I don't think that's the same as being "the worst forward on the ice" or holding this team back, which is what people seem to be saying.

Very good post Bro, I agree.. Richie hasn't been the worst player by far.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Plus, people tend to forget that Richards spends a lot of his ice time matched up against the other teams best line. His play has been a little off recently but his defense is still good and he is putting up decent numbers. 21 and 41 ain't too bad.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't ride mike hard ever because i think he gives the effort that is necessary. i actually think that he is nursing some sort of injury. it would be nice to go on a little run the next 3 or 4 games so he can take off a few before the real grind starts.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck all of the Richards haters the guy is one of the best all around players in the league.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players that are good because they play physical, must play physical, or i get pissed

see Richards, Mike

see also Pronger, Chris

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I own a Richie jersey, one of my favorite FLyers. BUt he has looked a bit lost out there recently. He has played even, but he has taken some lazy penalties. Lost in BOston as a result of the PP from his slashing penalty. TOok one late in Pitt last night too. He has tried to make some real low percentage plays, which is not his style. I am not riding him as much as saying he needs to rest if he is banged up, or get it together. He is the leader, esp with Pronger out. He doesn't lead by yelling at people, he leads by example...

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Richards has gotten a lot of attention in this thread today, but I want to turn it back to O'Donnell.

O'Donnell needs abreak, but with Kimmo hurting now too, it isn't going to happen until they clinch something.

Solid post, but a few things I'd disagree with. I thought O'Donnell was solid, not spectacular against Boston, but he was a revelation last night. Physical, smart, ambitious, tough. He even led the rush that ended up scoring the GWG. All the things he did at the beginning of the year. I'm wondering if he wasn't playing through the flu for a while when he looked gassed. Timonen, on the other hand... Definitely his worst game so far this year, maybe since he became a Flyer. I don't recall ever seeing him pinch that badly when there was no play to be made, and he did it twice last night, both times ending up with the puck behind Bobrovsky. I'll chalk it up as a fluke, but it was startling to see.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Richards has gotten a lot of attention in this thread today, but I want to turn it back to O'Donnell.

Solid post, but a few things I'd disagree with. I thought O'Donnell was solid, not spectacular against Boston, but he was a revelation last night. Physical, smart, ambitious, tough. He even led the rush that ended up scoring the GWG. All the things he did at the beginning of the year. I'm wondering if he wasn't playing through the flu for a while when he looked gassed. Timonen, on the other hand... Definitely his worst game so far this year, maybe since he became a Flyer. I don't recall ever seeing him pinch that badly when there was no play to be made, and he did it twice last night, both times ending up with the puck behind Bobrovsky. I'll chalk it up as a fluke, but it was startling to see.

he was also injured.. didnt play the 3rd because of a 'nagging hip' injury

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was also injured.. didnt play the 3rd because of a 'nagging hip' injury

A hip injury doesn't make a player step up when there isn't a play to be made. Twice. It might and probably did prevent him from getting back in the play, but it does not excuse the initial gaff.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy who is a big Flyers fan and he knows his shit. But he is also a Bob fan.

Kovalev's goal last night was "a snipe" and it it going to be a tough shot to stop because he was 10 feet away from the net and has been an all star some many times.

:L

He looked at me like I was crazy when I disagreed

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know a guy who is a big Flyers fan and he knows his shit. But he is also a Bob fan.

Kovalev's goal last night was "a snipe" and it it going to be a tough shot to stop because he was 10 feet away from the net and has been an all star some many times.

:L

He looked at me like I was crazy when I disagreed

it has gotten to the point where you are blinded by your hate of BOB, you can't see the things that he does well and has improved on this year.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no basis for improvment this year, unless you want to consider October his start. If that is what you're thinking then he has gone downhill. Big time.

I said it last night and I'll say it again. He is inconsistent. I look forward to his future as a #1, but for now he is average

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He has no basis for improvment this year, unless you want to consider October his start. If that is what you're thinking then he has gone downhill. Big time.

I said it last night and I'll say it again. He is inconsistent. I look forward to his future as a #1, but for now he is average

i look forward to him proving you wrong in the near future

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I hope you are 100% correct.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob has showed holes, he was lights out to start the season. The thing that bothers me is down low he was unbeatable, now like the Kennedy goal last night he has given up weaker goals. On the positive he has had 4 out of 5 solid starts, with last weeks game against Pitt the highlight along with in Dallas, and the worst against the Caps. Just need Bob to consistant.