• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if y'all want to work off of hate and ignorance, but I will work off logic and best practices.... pass on 2nd down is the best choice.

Then why are past and present players along with almost every sports writer disagreeing with you? It was a fucking horrible call.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are past and present players along with almost every sports writer disagreeing with you? It was a fucking horrible call.
Appeal to authority = logical fallacy.

The "experts" are wrong all the time.

26 seconds, 1 time out, 2nd down. There are three options:

A. Run Lynch twice and not even worry about running a play on a 4th down... a 4th down you'll never see because of time. We call this option the DUMB option.

B. Run Lynch on 2nd down, call Time Out, and then the Defense knows that you have to Pass on 3rd.

C. Throw on 2nd which saves Time Out and keeps options open on 3rd [run or pass].

=====================

C. is the best option, which is what Carroll did.

I have shown you the logic. You can choose to agree with it... or say something substantive to counter.. but what you can't do is ignore it and say something dumb like "well, that other guy thinks it's dumb."

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "experts" are wrong all the time.

But your right? :pound:

I have shown you the logic. You can choose to agree with it... or say something substantive to counter.. but what you can't do is ignore it and say something dumb like "well, that other guy thinks it's dumb."

As great as you think your logic is, it flat out failed when it counted. Sometimes people need to put the stat sheets down and use common sense.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C. Throw on 2nd which saves Time Out and keeps options open on 3rd [run or pass].

=====================

C. is the best option, which is what Carroll did.

Lets clarify something here. Everybody understands the logic of the pass. Nobody understands the logic of the play. If you must pass (which is still bullshit. Lynch twice would have satisfied everybodys feelings whether he made it or not. That made the most sense), why a slant with all of that congestion? Hell, the Seahawks cant throw a slant to save their lives anyways and that's not from the 1 yrd line. It was and will always be a horrible call.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets clarify something here. Everybody understands the logic of the pass. Nobody understands the logic of the play..

Unfortunately not. Everyone including the EXPERTS you cite say NOT TO RUN is the dumbest call in the history of the Super Bowl... and you know it. Don't change the story.

If you want to argue which pass play is better, we can argue that.... but the debate of DUMBEST PLAY OF ALL TIME BLAH BLAH has been unanimous in that it should have been a RUN... and you know it!

And all you people including the experts are STRAIGHT WRONG.... pass is the better option on 2nd down... it's not a slam dunk, but it is *more logical... and DEFINITELY NOT the "dumbest call of all time blah blah"

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(which is still bullshit. Lynch twice would have satisfied everybodys feelings whether he made it or not. That made the most sense),.

lmao. So, you're calling for a run on both 2nd and 3rd, and just not run a 4th because of lack of time... you choose the option of leaving a DOWN on the field unplayed?

lmao.

sorry, i didn't realize the caliber of ignoramus I was dealing with. [please, tell me you don't really think this]. WOW!

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guys been quoting this on a couple of different boards. He must of copied it from an espn site or something. I guess he must be related to Bevell or Carroll or something with all the sucking off he's doing. I guess you'll have that when there's nothing going on on the other boards.
Or I wrote it up myself because I think clearly and can see logic of play calls... like when i called out Kiffin in the USC-ND goal line fiasco and Malzahl at the end of the Iron Bowl 1st half when he turned three calm chances for a TD at the goal line into one hurried rush play... thus only getting a FG for his stupidity.

See... some of us can think, use logic, and areticulate our stances... and others just rant, call names, and don't deal with clear logical arguments put right in front of our faces.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*articulate

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets clarify something here. Everybody understands the logic of the pass. Nobody understands the logic of the play. .
Your avatar says "possesses the power of beast mode and calls a pass anyway"

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story of the SB was not the last play, its the defense that gave up 28 points, (14 of them late) on exactly the same types of plays that the San Diego Chargers ran against the Seahawks.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with the pass play on second down it's the actual play itself I have a problem with no play action? throw it in the flat? tight end in the corner? anything but a 1 yard slant with 9 patriots around the ball.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he being criticized for getting the Hawks the #1 seed that last 2 years?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he being criticized for getting the Hawks the #1 seed that last 2 years?

He has always been criticized as far as I know. He calls a ton of stupid plays.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your avatar says "possesses the power of beast mode and calls a pass anyway"

I didn't make it, but I felt it was fitting. Hey like you have been saying all along, the 'experts' are wrong and your right.

I just pray that Bevell and Carroll will be haunted by that crap call for the rest of their lives. I know us fans will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make it, but I felt it was fitting. Hey like you have been saying all along, the 'experts' are wrong and your right.

I just pray that Bevell and Carroll will be haunted by that crap call for the rest of their lives. I know us fans will be.

So you still have not offered a single response to the literally numbered logic of the play call I posted. You just call names and rant. Genius.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm starting to feel more vindicated, and no I don't mean the bears fan agreeing with me.

Kurt Warner originally said the same thing as everyone else and now has entirely changed his tune.

He called into a local Arizona radio station this morning (replayed on KJR in seattle during the 8am segment if it's on podcast) that he was listening to their conversation about what they were calling the worst play call in SB history. Warner went bit by bit through the decisions made and those available and came to the conclusion that he might well still have ran the ball, but the decision wasn't a bad one and the pass play called was the right play for the defense that was out there. He said that play is a walk in TD almost every time, as long as they players run it right, which obviously didn't happen.

He corrected the radio guys and ran them through the same options I gave you all that night when this bitching started:
3 plays with the first being a pass and your last two being run or whatever you want.
or
Put a run play in and likely only get one more chance after that and likely be forced to throw it on 3rd down anyway.

I'll say this CLEARLY again: I would have put a power set in and ran it twice and called it good. But, if you wanted 3 tries instead of two Bevell/Carroll made the best call they had given the defense that was out there. That's per Kurt Warner.

Now, I'll expect as other former pros and coaches start looking at what the staff was actually facing and not just going off their first knee jerk reactions (like most of you have been) I'm sure they come to the same conclusion.

When do you reach the ability to reason out why they did what they did you can't come to the conclusion that Bevell is the sole reason they lost and you'd have to be a retard to still want to see him fired.

Bevell got you to the SB despite the O line injuries throughout the year. Despite losing Harvin. Despite losing Richardson. Despite losing Miller. He also got you a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter! And did so featuring a guy that didn't have a catch in the regular season. It was brilliant use of assets he had available knowing Revis and Browner were going to be on Baldwin and Kearse.

It isn't Bevell's fault that Lane and Avril both got knocked out of the game. (only reason Pats were able to get to 28 to begin with) and it wasn't his fault Kearse entirely blew that play or Lockette was inable to run the route with conviction. And it wasn't his fault Wilson didn't just throw it away as he should have seen Kearse blowing that clear out.

No one likes the call. Hindsight being what it is I'm sure they wouldn't call that again. But understanding what information they had, and what options they saw as viable, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the media, casual fans, and those being overly emotional are claiming.

Time will bear that out. As more real football insiders look at it you will hear more coming to that same conclusion.

Bevell will not be fired and should not be fired. He has taken your team to within a play of the NFCCG, Super bowl winner, and one play away from Super bowl winner in the last 3 years.

Is there anything I haven't liked about him? Sure. He is far from perfect, but who is? Hated how they used Harvin. Fly sweeps and screens were so lame. We are learning now that he just refused to take the shots going down field and that's why he wasn't in the passing game, but I still hated it. He has gone to the run too many times (or at least the same obvious dive left that hadn't worked so lets do it again) and this wasn't the first time everyone thought run and he passed. But when you take the time to look at it, they weren't nearly as bad of choices as some of you think.