• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Lockette. I seriously don't want to see him back on this team. Dumbass blew a play to give us the lead at the SB. While you are so full of hate for Bevell, I actually blame the players that didn't execute the fucking play they did have. Let him be pissed. Fuck him. Asshole doesn't deserve to be on this team.

And lol at Baldwin holding a grudge. You do know he's called angry doug baldwin right? He's always angry at everything. But he's also pretty fucking smart. He won't be a problem in any way. He gets it.

Footballs a team sport. No one person, unit, or play wins or loses a game. Its a combined effort.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. If the Seahawks DID do what Stu want and, for whatever reason, we ran out of clock without running all 3 plays, I would absolutely call that the worst play calling in our history.

Do you realize that if we run the ball and hurry up and get to the line and one guy on a line that probably had the most false starts in the NFL this year, commits a false start, 10 seconds are wiped off the clock?

Our options were run, timeout, pass, run/pass or pass, run/pass, run/pass. Seems to me one gave us more options with less risk. Letting the clock run pre-snap would be monumentally stupid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I updated the post... Look at the Pats stats for stopping short yardage running play's .... DEAD last in the league...

And Lynch was 1-5 on goal line runs for the season.

Still, I said EVEN IF THEY GET IN people would be crying we left them too much time... and go read the rest.

What all of you are forgetting is it wasn't 26 seconds. It was 1:06 when they ran on first down. There was still over a minute left. Had they wanted to get into a jumbo package they had plenty of time to get 3 running plays off. They put 11 personnel in and ran the clock down as low as they could before snapping that ball. That was the smart thing to do if you really did want to pass, but if you were going to run you just do it right after that 1st down play and you have all day to hit it 3 times, even without a TO.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having that time-out in our hip pocket gave us the options.... even if 10 seconds went off the clock on 2nd down we only have 2 more play's left with a time-out in our hip pocket... We would a gotten both play's off if needed..

Doubtful. The entire postseason we averaged one play per 10 seconds (based on TOP and total snaps run). Now that 10 seconds includes a heck of a lot plays where the clock was stopped (change of possession, time outs, out of bounds, incomplete passes, etc etc).

Effectively running three rush plays in under 30 seconds, even with a time out, was going to be damn near impossible, especially considering the New England defenders were going to do everything in their power to delay the spot of the ball. Probably could have done two. But not three.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. The entire postseason we averaged one play per 10 seconds (based on TOP and total snaps run). Now that 10 seconds includes a heck of a lot plays where the clock was stopped (change of possession, time outs, out of bounds, incomplete passes, etc etc).

Effectively running three rush plays in under 30 seconds, even with a time out, was going to be damn near impossible, especially considering the New England defenders were going to do everything in their power to delay the spot of the ball. Probably could have done two. But not three.

The clock had over a minute after Lynch hit the turf on first down. They had plenty of time to run the ball 3 straight times had they wished. Hell, they could have saved that TO in case there was a sack or bad tackle for loss on any of them.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clock had over a minute after Lynch hit the turf on first down. They had plenty of time to run the ball 3 straight times had they wished. Hell, they could have saved that TO in case there was a sack or bad tackle for loss on any of them.

Oh, I don't disagree with you. The clock management was questionable at best. I'm just commenting on what was available from the time they lined up on second down.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they lined up as late as they could because they were trying to run the clock down.

The notion that they couldn't pull off 3 running plays because they had 26s left was only because they did run the clock down. If running was a priority, and keeping enough time to run it 3 times was as well, they had more than enough. Their priority was to run as much clock off as they could and still get 3 plays off. They knew one had to be a pass play, but they weren't intending on having it be the first one until they saw the match ups.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they lined up as late as they could because they were trying to run the clock down.

The notion that they couldn't pull off 3 running plays because they had 26s left was only because they did run the clock down. If running was a priority, and keeping enough time to run it 3 times was as well, they had more than enough. Their priority was to run as much clock off as they could and still get 3 plays off. They knew one had to be a pass play, but they weren't intending on having it be the first one until they saw the match ups.

Okay, their clock management was fine for what they intended. Whatever. Not the point I was seeking to address. Three running plays with the time the allowed to stay on the clock wasn't a plausible option.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that annoys me the most about all of this is the sheer disrespect so many fans are giving Russell Wilson. How many times has he made clutch plays when it mattered for this team?

Why is this the one time that we shouldn't trust Russell Wilson? Because the play didn't work?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, their clock management was fine for what they intended. Whatever. Not the point I was seeking to address. Three running plays with the time the allowed to stay on the clock wasn't a plausible option.

It was and option... And it could a been executed just fine... Again we had a time-out ... I"m telling you I was screaming USE LYNCH because I knew we had a time-out and 26 seconds left... Don't let the time scare you at that point ... After the hand-off even if Lynch doesn't get it we have 2 play's with a time-out in our hip pocket... WE HAD IT .. I"m telling you WE HAD IT ... There is a reason there calling it the worst call in Super Bowl history... BECAUSE it was ... And people saying we'd be complaining regardless is not true... Not on my end..

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that annoys me the most about all of this is the sheer disrespect so many fans are giving Russell Wilson. How many times has he made clutch plays when it mattered for this team?

Why is this the one time that we shouldn't trust Russell Wilson? Because the play didn't work?

Said it before, I hope to not have to say it again (although I probably will). I do trust Russ. Hell, he was pulling plays out of his ass all season, and we wouldn't have even sniffed the SB without him. And I think that throwing the ball there wasn't a bad idea. But the specific play call stacked the deck against him (and our entire offense, really), and thus was a horrible idea.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, and I was saying they had options. They chose what they did, not forced into it because of the clock. It wasn't just you I was talking to, it was the others that keep saying they were forced to throw there because of time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson, like all players, are subject to criticism when they do make mistakes. It wasn't his best pass. His was the last mistake of the year. Of course it's going to be talked about.

Anyone that now says he shouldn't be still considered clutch or one of the best closing QB's in the league hasn't been paying attention. No one has more come from behind wins over the last 3 years than Seattle does and he's a big part of that late game success.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was and option... And it could a been executed just fine... Again we had a time-out ... I"m telling you I was screaming USE LYNCH because I knew we had a time-out and 26 seconds left... Don't let the time scare you at that point ... After the hand-off even if Lynch doesn't get it we have 2 play's with a time-out in our hip pocket... WE HAD IT .. I"m telling you WE HAD IT ... There is a reason there calling it the worst call in Super Bowl history... BECAUSE it was ... And people saying we'd be complaining regardless is not true... Not on my end..

Okay. One last time.

A bang/bank passing play ate six seconds off the clock. Let's assume two running plays will take twelve (I'm being reeeeeeeeeal generous here. We ran no huddle on a rushing play at the end of the first half. It ate thirty seconds of clock.). Now, there is at least ten seconds for a muddle huddle and the spotting of the ball. That leaves four seconds left.

So there is essentially a three second margin of error. Think of how many times things are changed at the line, players are confused and need more information from the QB, defensive players go out of their way to lay in the pile as long as possible to run the clock...

Terrible idea.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, like all players, are subject to criticism when they do make mistakes. It wasn't his best pass. His was the last mistake of the year. Of course it's going to be talked about.

Anyone that now says he shouldn't be still considered clutch or one of the best closing QB's in the league hasn't been paying attention. No one has more come from behind wins over the last 3 years than Seattle does and he's a big part of that late game success.

I'm fine with criticizing Wilson, although I personally put most of the blame on Lockette.

What I am not fine with is the notion that the only way this team can score is giving it to Lynch against a 9 man front.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before, I hope to not have to say it again (although I probably will). I do trust Russ. Hell, he was pulling plays out of his ass all season, and we wouldn't have even sniffed the SB without him. And I think that throwing the ball there wasn't a bad idea. But the specific play call stacked the deck against him (and our entire offense, really), and thus was a horrible idea.

I trust Russ also... I just don't think the coaching staff should a ran a slant route there.... The DB just flat out jumped the route, he knew exactly what was coming... It was a good play on his part... JUST a horrible risky play call on our part...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. One last time.

A bang/bank passing play ate six seconds off the clock. Let's assume two running plays will take twelve (I'm being reeeeeeeeeal generous here. We ran no huddle on a rushing play at the end of the first half. It ate thirty seconds of clock.). Now, there is at least ten seconds for a muddle huddle and the spotting of the ball. That leaves four seconds left.

So there is essentially a three second margin of error. Think of how many times things are changed at the line, players are confused and need more information from the QB, defensive players go out of their way to lay in the pile as long as possible to run the clock...

Terrible idea.

Disagree... Running Lynch was a brilliant idea... As a matter of fact... Were champions if we do, and I stand by that.... The terrible idea was running a effin slant route... WRONG CALL...

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at people that are calling for a coach to trap himself into a position where he has no time to substitute, try to find mismatches, keep options open, and has to hurry up between most every down… and to decide at the beginning of the series, "I'm going to run on every down no matter what."

Instead of taking s course where he keeps all options open, makes sure to use every down, keeps D guessing on every down, gets the personnel he wants on every down, seeks musmatches to exploit, and takes a calm approach instead of hurried, AND still runs Lynch on three of four downs.

You ppl need to listen to yourselves. You're beyond laughable.

And then you look at all the above pointed out to you and not only say it was wrong but go beyond and say it's the worst call ever. Truly laughable.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at people that are calling for a coach to trap himself into a position where he has no time to substitute, try to find mismatches, keep options open, and has to hurry up between most every down… and to decide at the beginning of the series, "I'm going to run on every down no matter what."

Instead of taking s course where he keeps all options open, makes sure to use every down, keeps D guessing on every down, gets the personnel he wants on every down, seeks musmatches to exploit, and takes a calm approach instead of hurried, AND still runs Lynch on three of four downs.

You ppl need to listen to yourselves. You're beyond laughable.

And then you look at all the above pointed out to you and not only say it was wrong but go beyond and say it's the worst call ever. Truly laughable.

Your clueless about football... Now go away ....

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree... Running Lynch was a brilliant idea... As a matter of fact... Were champions if we do, and I stand by that.... The terrible idea was running a effin slant route... WRONG CALL...

So, what part of my math is incorrect in your opinion?