• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody like Cleveland?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this before there isnt any fans out there more loyal to their team than browns fans and for that reason I would love for your team to become competitive..

If and when they ever do get that thing competitive, The Factory of Sadness will be a real home field advantage and one of the most raucous places in the league to play.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
straight up? 100% ravens. spread? way too high for a division game. i think it's something like the last 11 out of 12 times they've met, the final score has been within 10 points or less.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns show up and play a good game against the Ravens. These teams split last year and it's a divisional game, which are usually a toss-up.

DIV games are normally close except when they're not (SF 28...LA 0)...lol

Seriously...I would pick this game to be fairly close if CLE had not gutted the vets off the squad. They lost too much and are now green on both sides of the ball.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they showed signs of getting over that hump last year and made me think that they were one or two players away from being good .. so IDK
So they are the Bills????

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id give them a shot due to the massive upgrade at the QB position

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, they do that every year.

I am actually optimistic with the regime they have in place now though. The front office appears to be focused on building with youth and the HC is known for his QB development. I wouldn't be surprised if Kessler is the starter by mid-season and they're absolutely loaded with young players that appear to be decent and draft picks.

They're more than 1-2 players away, but they might be 2 or so years from being competitive in the division if they can ever hit on a good young QB. They're a year or 2 behind Oakland and Jacksonville right now.

A realistic view...I thought RG3 was a good stop gap option...but felt they should've reached higher in the draft for a long term QB...turns out I was wrong about RG3...McCown is not starting material in this league and Kessler truly is probably a backup at this level.

I agree, the early look at some of the recent draft picks is promising. They really need to hit on this '17 draft and imo must come away with a QB they can bank on...another issue to look at for the FO is now they need to consider moving Thomas and Greco...these guys are still in their primes now, but will they be in 3 or 4 years when I think it's realistic to expect a playoff caliber roster in CLE.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A realistic view...I thought RG3 was a good stop gap option...but felt they should've reached higher in the draft for a long term QB...turns out I was wrong about RG3...McCown is not starting material in this league and Kessler truly is probably a backup at this level.

I agree, the early look at some of the recent draft picks is promising. They really need to hit on this '17 draft and imo must come away with a QB they can bank on...another issue to look at for the FO is now they need to consider moving Thomas and Greco...these guys are still in their primes now, but will they be in 3 or 4 years when I think it's realistic to expect a playoff caliber roster in CLE.

The big rumor was Thomas to Seattle for a while there, but I think Cleveland's asking price was too high. Same thing with McCown. I think Dallas was eyeing him, but Cleveland asked for way too much.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big rumor was Thomas to Seattle for a while there, but I think Cleveland's asking price was too high. Same thing with McCown. I think Dallas was eyeing him, but Cleveland asked for way too much.

I heard about those...reasonable for his talent, but still hefty cap hit for Thomas so they might have to come down on the compensation a little, but I have to assume they try again next yr.

glloydd95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a deep sense of pity and grief for Browns fans. As strong and proud as Steeler Nation is...as fans we have no idea what it is like to walk a mile in a Browns fans' shoes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am old enough to remember, pre Ernest Byner fumble and Denver "drive", when Cleveland was a tough and feared place to play. It would definitely happen again if they ever got good, given the area and fan base. But it ain't happening this season, or next. They are a hot mess, and a major rebuilding project, again.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way back in the day Cleveland was good.
That was longer ago than my damn Cowboys have been to the SB.
Sadly they have become the Cubs of the NFL. Poor management coaches bad luck take your pick but it is a sad thing to see. I truly wish them a solid recovery maybe its in the right direction now with the baseball analytics people in charge but Im not sold so far time will tell

:suds:Browns fans your gonna need plenty again but don't give up hope

just my :2cents:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way back in the day Cleveland was good.
That was longer ago than my damn Cowboys have been to the SB.
Sadly they have become the Cubs of the NFL. Poor management coaches bad luck take your pick but it is a sad thing to see. I truly wish them a solid recovery maybe its in the right direction now with the baseball analytics people in charge but Im not sold so far time will tell

:suds:Browns fans your gonna need plenty again but don't give up hope

just my :2cents:

I still tune in if they're on TV in Dallas. I just don't go out of my way to try to catch a game at a bar. No need to force a nut-kicking.

bstoves24

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,316.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either my posts ends up looking brilliant or a nominee for the dumbest post of 2016. We'll see.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Haden out? ( thought he re injured that bad ankle?)
Plus the lost couple more in the secondary......:scratch:

Tough call to pick them....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am old enough to remember, pre Ernest Byner fumble and Denver "drive", when Cleveland was a tough and feared place to play. It would definitely happen again if they ever got good, given the area and fan base. But it ain't happening this season, or next. They are a hot mess, and a major rebuilding project, again.

Sipe and the Cardiac Kids...They had a real brief resurgence under Kosar, but the Browns have been a cursed franchise...ATL and NO were too so the curse can be broken. I agree they're looking at '19 or so to be a real contender if they can claw back.