• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody like Cleveland?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea why you say RG3 got most of the development attention in the preseason and the other QBs got no time. I'm guessing you're not in the know with how they have been practicing and working out and you're just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

I can see where he got that..

After seeing RGIII getting all the reps in camps, the local media asked Hue about it and even Hue Jackson was talking about how he limited the reps for McCown and gave them to RGIII. McCown also said that he gave his reps to RGIII when he was asked why the development attention was so focused on Griffin.

Heck they sent him to Tom House between mini-camp and training camp even.

All off-season it was all about the focus on RGIII's development. How he was getting all the first team snaps at the end of mini-camp and the start of training camp while McCown was getting all the second team snaps (before they named a starter). Adam Schefter who's really good with his sources had a recent article saying that sources with the Browns are actually seeing his injury as a blessing since Hue and the offensive staff can quit putting all his time in the RGIII reclamation project and focus on other things.

Robert Griffin III takes all first-team snaps for Cleveland Browns

Mort & Schefter's Week 2 notebook: Browns' QB search is back on

Why Browns' Robert Griffin III really got all the 1st team reps in the 'competition' with Josh McCown

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what happened this offseason. They hired their management team who hired Hue.

Yes, they have Cody Kessler, the rookie out of USC on their roster, but he is nowhere near game ready. RG3 got the start because he looked better than McCown in the preseason. No idea why you say RG3 got most of the development attention in the preseason and the other QBs got no time. I'm guessing you're not in the know with how they have been practicing and working out and you're just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

In the past, yes the organization has been very chaotic. The owners have been obsessed with quick fixes and quick turnarounds and it quite clearly hasn't worked. The organization they have put up this year has a clear cut plan: rebuild with young talent through the draft. It's the opposite of chaos right now...I just hope the owner has the fortitude to stick with the plan for the long term.

Nope.

Here:

Some people in the Browns reportedly think Robert Griffin III's injury will benefit the team in an unusual way

or Here:

Browns offseason report: Can Robert Griffin III, Hue Jackson change fortunes

So, no, not throwing shit against the wall at all. I read it, and I mentioned it. Not saying it was right or wrong, but there are clearly rumblings out there stating that people thought he spent too much time fixing RGIII and not enough time with the other QB's in case RGIII didn't work out, or got hurt.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where he got that..

After seeing RGIII getting all the reps in camps, the local media asked Hue about it and even Hue Jackson was talking about how he limited the reps for McCown and gave them to RGIII. McCown also said that he gave his reps to RGIII when he was asked why the development attention was so focused on Griffin.

Heck they sent him to Tom House between mini-camp and training camp even.

All off-season it was all about the focus on RGIII's development. How he was getting all the first team snaps at the end of mini-camp and the start of training camp while McCown was getting all the second team snaps (before they named a starter). Adam Schefter who's really good with his sources had a recent article saying that sources with the Browns are actually seeing his injury as a blessing since Hue and the offensive staff can quit putting all his time in the RGIII reclamation project and focus on other things.

Robert Griffin III takes all first-team snaps for Cleveland Browns

Mort & Schefter's Week 2 notebook: Browns' QB search is back on

Why Browns' Robert Griffin III really got all the 1st team reps in the 'competition' with Josh McCown
Replied before I saw you posting this.

Exactly what I saw out there. Again, not saying it's 100% true, but clearly there are those out there who are "in the know" who felt he spent too much time on RGIII and not enough time helping out the other QB's in case shit went south.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Here:

Some people in the Browns reportedly think Robert Griffin III's injury will benefit the team in an unusual way

or Here:

Browns offseason report: Can Robert Griffin III, Hue Jackson change fortunes

So, no, not throwing shit against the wall at all. I read it, and I mentioned it. Not saying it was right or wrong, but there are clearly rumblings out there stating that people thought he spent too much time fixing RGIII and not enough time with the other QB's in case RGIII didn't work out, or got hurt.

Those are both speculation pieces, the latter being from mid july, before OTAs even began. The first piece speculated Hue spent too much time trying to fix RG3 and that's why someone in the organization said his injury might be a blessing in disguise. No evidence of anything. It could be a blessing in disguise because that person thinks McCown is better or because it may mean more game time for Kessler and a better evaluation of what he can do on the field in a game. Just an author writing a piece to write one. It's not as if RG3 got all the reps while the rest of the QBs sat around with clipboards during practice and preseason games, so I don't buy it.

That said, they weren't going to be competitive this year anyhow without some sort of miracle. RG3 was nothing more than a place holder unless he came out and had an all-pro year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrence Williams couldn't blow this game for Balt...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are both speculation pieces

And plenty of others when the local media after watching browns practices and seeing RGIII getting all the first team reps was wondering why..

But when it comes to "speculation" tough to go wrong with Adam Schefter. I mean he is the guy who's breaking nearly every single player movement story before the league and they just repeat what he's already reported. When it comes to having extraordinary sources, that is the guy.

I mean this is the guy who when the Browns had the #2 overall pick and all the mocks had Wentz there, was saying he didn't think the browns would take a QB there and that the Eagles could try and get that pick.